2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one play should have been a tie ball or a foul.

Rozier is on fire. It's his fourth straight 30 point game.

Agree, no one wants to play Stephen Curry in the playoffs. Of course no one wants to play against Doncic either.

I get the feeling when they get Wiseman and Looney back the Warriors are probably going to make a run. They're competing in most games right now despite the lack of size, so getting their 2 best bigs back should really help. Assuming Curry is just a day to day thing like something he ate or something, it seems the Warriors are a few days away from getting close to full strength again. Wiseman and Looney will need a bit of conditioning to get the rust off but it seems like they are well set up right now to move up from the 8th spot

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To his credit Steve Kerr called out Draymond, said he "crossed the line" by doing it at that point in the game.

He got 2 techs to get the boot? That loss is on him, 100%. Even if its a bad call, you got to control yourself to a certain degree. He had to have said something really messed up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling when they get Wiseman and Looney back the Warriors are probably going to make a run. They're competing in most games right now despite the lack of size, so getting their 2 best bigs back should really help. Assuming Curry is just a day to day thing like something he ate or something, it seems the Warriors are a few days away from getting close to full strength again. Wiseman and Looney will need a bit of conditioning to get the rust off but it seems like they are well set up right now to move up from the 8th spot

With a healthy Stephen Curry the Warriors should make the playoffs.

It will be wild in the West with the play-in.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got 2 techs to get the boot? That loss is on him, 100%. Even if its a bad call, you got to control yourself to a certain degree. He had to have said something really messed up.

At one point he told one of the refs to get the bleep out of here that call is BS. That's the part you can read lips. He can't lose his cool there lost the game for them

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course according to sources the Lakers will pursue DeMarcus Cousins.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The referees are being referees with these calls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Williams with the emphatic block on Zion. :shock:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fouling 3-point shooters. smh

There are reasonable fouls and there are stupid fouls but I believe we're at the point where we need to re-think the idea that it's automatically bad to foul a 3 point shooter. And I'm speaking in general, not this play specifically, as I didn't watch the game.

The thinking all along has been, it's a low percentage high risk shot so don't reward them by fouling. But in today's NBA, the frequency of this shot along with the accuracy of today's shooters, has necessitated a change to the defensive approach on shots from distance. And if you're going to try to really defend on the perimeter, you are going to foul occasionally, there's just no way around it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are reasonable fouls and there are stupid fouls but I believe we're at the point where we need to re-think the idea that it's automatically bad to foul a 3 point shooter. And I'm speaking in general, not this play specifically, as I didn't watch the game.

The thinking all along has been, it's a low percentage high risk shot so don't reward them by fouling. But in today's NBA, the frequency of this shot along with the accuracy of today's shooters, has necessitated a change to the defensive approach on shots from distance. And if you're going to try to really defend on the perimeter, you are going to foul occasionally, there's just no way around it.

Brandon Ingram of the Pelicans fouled Jaylen Brown of the Celtics when they were up by 5 with 16.3 seconds left in overtime. I'm like asking why?

Brown hit all three free throws. It could have been a 4 point play.

In the end, the Pelicans win but that could have been a disastrous play. It would be better to see if Brown could hit the shot.

For the most part I think the defender should put an arm straight up on a 3-point shot but not close enough to risk a foul. Even that's risky if the way offensive players create fouls. Occasionally when the defender runs at an offensive players they are going to mistime it. That happens but a lot of fouls on 3-point shots are silly.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Wow, I never would have guessed that Chamberlain is nowhere on that list. It turns out he was basically always on the floor, averaging 46 minutes per game over his career. It makes his numbers a little less impressive, I guess.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wow, I never would have guessed that Chamberlain is nowhere on that list. It turns out he was basically always on the floor, averaging 46 minutes per game over his career. It makes his numbers a little less impressive, I guess.

Wilt’s true scoring output couldn’t be measured by a statistician.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves to hire Raptors assistant coach Chris Finch as head coach.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lakers look bad without AD. I think at this point it would be dumb for Lebron to make a run for MVP and drain himself for the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeMarcus Cousins getting released by Rockets.