2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Utah would match up with them well. I like their size and depth. They got a good coach also.

I also think Brooklyn could take anyone down but they're not built for a 7 game series. If they can get up 2-0 or something though they might be able to runaway with the series. No team can match their firepower and if they can get 2 of their big 3 hitting their shots then they'll be really hard to beat.

UTA is a very good team but there is no way that they advance vs. the Lakers this season. The Nets represent an even smaller challenge.

I think that their only real challenger is the CÍippers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavs should just drop the D and call themselves Allas this year. unreal the Warriors scored 35 points or more in all 4 quarters last night, put up 147, and Steph didn't play the 4th Q. Draymond had 15 assists in 29 minutes. Yes the Warriors shooting from 3 was unreal but mostly wide open and in the 3rd quarter the Warriors were either hitting open 3's or layups, no D at all.

Luka was furious at his team but frankly he's part of it, he was not guarding anybody last night

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Lebron on this as well. Just say no to an All-Star Game. Players can still be named to All-Star teams if there is interest.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see the skill competitions from All-Star weekend but have little to no interest in the game. I feel that way annually though.

Without fans present though I think the all star festivities would be really weird. No fans, no event. That's what I think.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavs should just drop the D and call themselves Allas this year. unreal the Warriors scored 35 points or more in all 4 quarters last night, put up 147, and Steph didn't play the 4th Q. Draymond had 15 assists in 29 minutes. Yes the Warriors shooting from 3 was unreal but mostly wide open and in the 3rd quarter the Warriors were either hitting open 3's or layups, no D at all.

Luka was furious at his team but frankly he's part of it, he was not guarding anybody last night

The last I saw the Mavericks were leading at halftime. They are one of the last teams I thought would struggle entering the season.

Looks like Oubre is starting to feel it going 14-21 for 40 points and 7-10 from three.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UTA is a very good team but there is no way that they advance vs. the Lakers this season. The Nets represent an even smaller challenge.

I think that their only real challenger is the CÍippers.

I agree. Utah is a seriously good team. Their biggest weakness like the Suns is power forward.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland beat 76ers last night. They are serious about winning even with the shell of their former team. They lead the Suns in the standings by half a game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Lebron on this as well. Just say no to an All-Star Game. Players can still be named to All-Star teams if there is interest.

same.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last I saw the Mavericks were leading at halftime. They are one of the last teams I thought would struggle entering the season.

Looks like Oubre is starting to feel it going 14-21 for 40 points and 7-10 from three.

Kelly was on fire but again mostly wide open looks. Webber was doing the game on TNT, and it was on local tv too. I went back and forth just to see and both announcing teams were wondering what happened in the 3rd. Azabuike joked the Mavs must have grabbed people off the street at halftime and suited them up as bad as the defense was.

The Warrior had such a small team they just spread out and attacked either hitting 3s or backdoor layups. I can't recall the last time I've seen NBA defense that bad. Any of Oubre, Wiggins or Curry could have had 40 if they wanted to, I think they were feeding Oubre because they knew he'd been off to such a bad start they want to keep his confidence up when he's got it going

As for Luka great player but is it me or is he a bit of a prick? They were getting killed and Damion Lee drove baseline went right at Luka and scored and drew the foul. Basically Luka just bodied him so much and then after the shot, Luka sort of pulled him down. Lee went down hard, got up and I couldn't quite see what he said but he was clearly mad at Luka because it was a dangerous play.

One of the other Warriors said something to Luka and you could see him say shut the bleep up. I think if the game had been closer there would have been some hostilities. This is the 3rd year in a row they've got into it with that guy. And Oubre wasn't even involved I think he was on the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's young, he's incredible, he's a diva, and yes, he can be a real prick.

this sums it up pretty good.

he’s probably super frustrated too with the drek surrounding him, which prob makes him more of a prick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly was on fire but again mostly wide open looks. Webber was doing the game on TNT, and it was on local tv too. I went back and forth just to see and both announcing teams were wondering what happened in the 3rd. Azabuike joked the Mavs must have grabbed people off the street at halftime and suited them up as bad as the defense was.

The Warrior had such a small team they just spread out and attacked either hitting 3s or backdoor layups. I can't recall the last time I've seen NBA defense that bad. Any of Oubre, Wiggins or Curry could have had 40 if they wanted to, I think they were feeding Oubre because they knew he'd been off to such a bad start they want to keep his confidence up when he's got it going

As for Luka great player but is it me or is he a bit of a prick? They were getting killed and Damion Lee drove baseline went right at Luka and scored and drew the foul. Basically Luka just bodied him so much and then after the shot, Luka sort of pulled him down. Lee went down hard, got up and I couldn't quite see what he said but he was clearly mad at Luka because it was a dangerous play.

One of the other Warriors said something to Luka and you could see him say shut the bleep up. I think if the game had been closer there would have been some hostilities. This is the 3rd year in a row they've got into it with that guy. And Oubre wasn't even involved I think he was on the bench.

I haven't noticed Luka being that way but he does have a cockiness to him which makes him good. He is constantly looking to body up players especially for fouls. I imagine he is tired of losing which may have put him on a short string. He is used to getting star treatment from the referees. Also maybe Luka has something personal going on with some Warriors players.

Great to see the Warriors and Oubre get it going. A game like this is exactly what he needs. I'm sure he has been too hard on himself.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the TNT footage of the play I'm talking about it looked worse on the angle they had on local tv and even here it looks like Doncic made Lee fall much harder than he needed to.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the TNT footage of the play I'm talking about it looked worse on the angle they had on local tv and even here it looks like Doncic made Lee fall much harder than he needed to.

this is what you’re up in arms about... really?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like Luka may be sending a message but he doesn't get out of the way for anyone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets concerned Christian Wood could be out for awhile.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what you’re up in arms about... really?

They reviewed the play to see if it was a flagrant and said no. They also reviewed if Lee would get a Taunting T and said no.

While this whole thing is going on, Luka is arguing with the refs that it's not a foul let alone a flagrant and as I said you could see him tell one of the Warriors to shut the F up.

This was not the first hard foul by him in the game. If you see the other angle the reason Lee fell like that is Luka hooked his shoulder and then when he twisted, he sort of pulled him over and down. TNT immediately called it a bad foul by Luka, the guys on the Warriors network were less polite, Azabuike said it was a dirty play. Said as an ex player the things you hate the most are guys that put you at risk when you're in the air. The guys that step in when you're coming down(like the Zaza play against Kawhi) or guys that get you in the air and make you fall, which is what Luka did there.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

He's totally a self-entitled prick. That was evident when he first stepped on the floor as a rookie. He hasn't earned anything; he gets away with it because he's white.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's totally a self-entitled prick. That was evident when he first stepped on the floor as a rookie. He hasn't earned anything; he gets away with it because he's white.

Apparently Damion Lee yelled "little ass boy" at him on the play I posted. Frankly surprised Lee didn't get a T for that.

Luka is a terrific player I do think he rubs other teams the wrong way, 3rd year in a row he's gotten into it with the Warriors and I don't think Draymond has been involved in any of the flareups. Usually when the Warriors have an issue, Draymond is front and center in it

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Prior to the NBA, Luka had been playing Euro basketball since he was very young with much older players so I think he had to develop a bit of a swagger to survive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is listed out tonight with finger sprain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard