2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland is doing some second interviews. One of them is Mike D'Antoni.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
⁦‪@wojespn‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

New Orleans has permission to interview Brooklyn assistant Jacque Vaughn and Milwaukee assistant Charles Lee for the franchise’s head coaching job, sources tell ESPN.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to have to cut paste. Tweets aren't loading @Mainstreet

As someone on mobile, i prefer it when you folks cut and paste tweets. Otherwise it can take a bit of time to load.

Some take longer than others, I haven't figured out why because some will be just a couple words and a take a minute while some will load in seconds with videos.

Do what's easiest for you all, I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone on mobile, i prefer it when you folks cut and paste tweets. Otherwise it can take a bit of time to load.

Some take longer than others, I haven't figured out why because some will be just a couple words and a take a minute while some will load in seconds with videos.

Do what's easiest for you all, I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

It's nice to get feedback.

One of the problems is a lot of tweets include video and pictures so it's hard to give the full content when they do this. This seems to be a growing trend.

When they are simple tweets, it's not hard to do. I will try to do it when I can.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA is expected to implement new rules on non-basketball moves.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

NBA referees will be trained to properly officiate the following actions used to draw fouls: - Shooter launches/leans into defender at abnormal angle - Shooter kicks leg at abnormal angle - Offensive player abruptly veers off path (sideways/ backwards) into defender
You must be registered for see images attach

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
Sources: The NBA is expected to implement new rules to limit non-basketball moves that would result in an offensive foul or no-call beginning next season. Full details and specifics on @TheAthletic: https://theathletic.com/2666954/202...ll-moves-what-to-know-and-where-things-stand/

9:20 AM · Jun 22, 2021

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA is expected to implement new rules on non-basketball moves.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

NBA referees will be trained to properly officiate the following actions used to draw fouls: - Shooter launches/leans into defender at abnormal angle - Shooter kicks leg at abnormal angle - Offensive player abruptly veers off path (sideways/ backwards) into defender
You must be registered for see images attach

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
Sources: The NBA is expected to implement new rules to limit non-basketball moves that would result in an offensive foul or no-call beginning next season. Full details and specifics on @TheAthletic: https://theathletic.com/2666954/202...ll-moves-what-to-know-and-where-things-stand/

9:20 AM · Jun 22, 2021
So. Will those be considered offensive fouls now or just non-calls--they say "or" but that leaves a lot open for judgment. If they actually get rid of fouls called for the reasons above, I will be ecstatic. It will lead to lower scoring games though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. Will those be considered offensive fouls now or just non-calls--they say "or" but that leaves a lot open for judgment. If they actually get rid of fouls called for the reasons above, I will be ecstatic. It will lead to lower scoring games though.

I'm all for getting rid of ticky-tacky fouls created by players on offense like James Harden and Trae Young.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am too. Especially Durant. Don’t really like the guy but respect him for playing. Harden too.

Im really surprised Harden is committing. I really doubt his hamstring will be completely right in a month.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am too. Especially Durant. Don’t really like the guy but respect him for playing. Harden too.

Yeah. I thought there would be less participation by U.S. stars going forward especially with the shortened and compact NBA season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So apparently Magic said Lakers should go after Chris Paul.

Since LA is his home, and he is friends with Lebron, this could legit happen if they can fit him in cap wise - which I think they can.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Since LA is his home, and he is friends with Lebron, this could legit happen if they can fit him in cap wise - which I think they can.
If you were CP3 would you trade this roster of young thoroughbreds for that roster of aging broken dow vets?

the Suns will pay him the money, and taxes are cheaper here.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you were CP3 would you trade this roster of young thoroughbreds for that roster of aging broken dow vets?

I would hope he would stay here. If he retired at this moment what team would be tied to his legacy. If we win a title I would think he would finish out his career here and be tied to us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had this horrific thought a couple days ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if you could live with your family year round, make a ton of money and play with one of your best friends who’s still a beast and challenge for a title, that might be pretty tempting. Especially if we don’t win it this year.