2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not believe the part about giving up draft picks. As good as Westbrook's numbers are, his reputation is well known. His salary is high. I think OKC might have to include picks to dump his salary--and I do not think the Suns will get him.

The Knicks would be the place I think.

I know the Suns want another star but I don't think Westbrook is it. He is too ball dominant.

You may be right about the Knicks.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Westbrook really doesn’t fit anything the Suns need right now both in terms of his game, or where he’s at age wise. He’s 31 and didn’t look the same last year from an athletic standpoint. Once that starts leaving him, he will decline quickly. And that contract...eek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cousins is a poor fit because he doesn’t play defense anymore. They must be planning on AD taking some load management days.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know the Suns want another star but I don't think Westbrook is it. He is too ball dominant.

You may be right about the Knicks.
His outside shooting is worse than Rubio. He is also very inefficient.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rondo signs two year deal with Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Well the moratorium is up. Hoping to see some Oubre news today. Ugh.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well the moratorium is up. Hoping to see some Oubre news today. Ugh.

Soon. Unless there's another deal with Oubre. Like Kawhi and Paul George last night announced at the same time. It took time to get that Paul George part worked out. So I am thinking Kawhi made up his mind faster than we thought.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Westbrook becomes available in December, the Suns need to at least kick the tires. For all of the talk on this board about D'Angelo Russell, Westbrook is the super-charged, proven version of what Russell might someday become.

Westbrook has two years left on his current deal, so he wouldn't interfere with an extension for Ayton.

The deal would be something like TJohnson, Bridges, Saric, and picks. Whether that's enough would depend on who else is interested and how committed the Thunder are to avoid losing him for nothing. If both Westbrook and Oklahoma City are convinced that they need to move on from each other, they would be better off not waiting until 2020-21.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just looking at the nuts and bolts. A resigned Oubre (15) plus Tyler, plus maybe Korver could work.

I do not see a Rubio, Booker, Westbrook combo as workable and Westbrook's deal is $38 million and more for the next four years. They will probably have to include incentives to move him.
No way. Westbrook will bring a nice cache of assets.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do not believe the part about giving up draft picks. As good as Westbrook's numbers are, his reputation is well known. His salary is high. I think OKC might have to include picks to dump his salary--and I do not think the Suns will get him.

The Knicks would be the place I think.
Again no way Westbrook has negative value at present.

But agree with knicks as landing spot.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
If Westbrook becomes available in December, the Suns need to at least kick the tires. For all of the talk on this board about D'Angelo Russell, Westbrook is the super-charged, proven version of what Russell might someday become.

Westbrook has two years left on his current deal, so he wouldn't interfere with an extension for Ayton.

The deal would be something like TJohnson, Bridges, Saric, and picks. Whether that's enough would depend on who else is interested and how committed the Thunder are to avoid losing him for nothing. If both Westbrook and Oklahoma City are convinced that they need to move on from each other, they would be better off not waiting until 2020-21.
I just don’t see it man. I am a Westbrook fan, but I think it’d be a bit desperate to pick up a 31 year Westbrook who’s constantly fighting injury and looks to be starting a decline with a huge contract. I don’t see him meshing with Booker. Both KD and PG wanted away from him.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's not jump to conclusions here. We play the Lakers/Clippers/Warriors a grand total of 12 times in an 82-game season. And surprisingly enough, we tend to play better against good teams than we do against bad ones.
And you know they will rest players against the Suns. Hopefully Booker is the good Booker this year all year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave