2019 Free Agency

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a Raptors private plan doesn't that imply either no decision or the Raptors are it? Why would they let him use their private plane to go to the Lakers or Clippers?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's a Raptors private plan doesn't that imply either no decision or the Raptors are it? Why would they let him use their private plane to go to the Lakers or Clippers?

He gave the Raptors the final meeting. That was what they wanted and got from him when all this started. They wanted to be the closer because that gives them the best opportunity to walk away with a deal. It makes sense, to go last. Whether this is that meeting? I don't know. I thought he was in Canada for that. Maybe they came back to talk specifics.

I'm saying he stays in Toronto. Jalen Rose called it and even before he said it, I thought it was unlikely he'd leave but that sort of confirmation made me more confident in that he's staying for at least 2 years.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forget that Howard is still in the league. No chance he goes to the Lakers if released.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And another move by Grizzlies.

David Aldridge‏Verified account @davidaldridgedc

Grizz aren’t finished. Per source, they have waived veteran SG Avery Bradley. His 2019-20 salary ($12.9M) would have been guaranteed last Thursday. Memphis will have to pay Bradley his $2M guaranteed for next year. Grizz continue to get further below the cap line for more moves.

6:01 PM - 5 Jul 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the Suns haven't done anything with Kyle Korver yet.

Maybe they are hopeful a trade might be possible when some teams find they have leftover money to spend.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This
It's interesting the Suns haven't done anything with Kyle Korver yet.

Maybe they are hopeful a trade might be possible when some teams find they have leftover money to spend.
Well, most media guys have taken Friday off. It's not the sixth yet. And no one seems to want to do anything until Kawhi makes up his mind. It also sound like contract deadlines can be extended. A couple guys have agreed to that already.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. It’s his career he can take all the time he wants. Are those people paying any of his bills? Let him blow out his knees and watch how fast those front offices and fans turn on him.

I'm not talking just about the FO's. I'm also talking about the players, and all the other waves in the pond. This decision has pretty much put the entire association on hold. There comes a point when holding up the train becomes disrespectful to the other passengers. He has a right to wait, but it's still disrespectful, especially if he's just putzing around.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm not talking just about the FO's. I'm also talking about the players, and all the other waves in the pond. There comes a point when holding up the train becomes disrespectful to the other passengers. He has a right to wait, but it's still disrespectful, especially if he's just putzing around.
I get this. Some people need to think about things and mull it over it's their process. My wife has to do that. Me, I am decisive. I have pre thought about what's going to happen and potential options. If I had three teams present me their options, probably 15 minutes later I have decidied. My wife is like Kawhi, she has to take several days to think about it. I just learned to live with it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
And another move by Grizzlies.

David Aldridge‏Verified account @davidaldridgedc

Grizz aren’t finished. Per source, they have waived veteran SG Avery Bradley. His 2019-20 salary ($12.9M) would have been guaranteed last Thursday. Memphis will have to pay Bradley his $2M guaranteed for next year. Grizz continue to get further below the cap line for more moves.

6:01 PM - 5 Jul 2019

How much money do they have?
They really wanted Oubre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much money do they have?
They really wanted Oubre.

The Grizzlies could have had Oubre if they wanted him bad enough.

I guess they could theoretically pursue Oubre and keep Dillon Brooks. I'm haven't followed their finances.

They did come to terms with Valanciunas and traded Mike Conley.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Congrats on finding a job. I remember those days.

I'm retired now. The hours are great, but the pay sucks! :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if the Suns are looking at a backup wing to bring in, Avery Bradley would fit needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm betting he goes to the Lakers.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We are officially in the toughest division of all time!

My 25 games win total for us this year looking really hard now!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We are officially in the toughest division of all time!

My 25 games win total for us this year looking really hard now!
Let's not jump to conclusions here. We play the Lakers/Clippers/Warriors a grand total of 12 times in an 82-game season. And surprisingly enough, we tend to play better against good teams than we do against bad ones.