2019 Free Agency

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio is one of the best open court players in the league, Oubre and Ayton are monster athletes, Bridges is nothing to scoff at either. I am not at all worried about our ability to push the pace.

I also think that you guys are comparing this roster waaaay to much vs our rosters of the last few years, when we had tremendous athletes who didn't know how to play basketball.

If you look at the Suns vs a the league as a whole, we're par for the course. Hell, some posters here are raving about the Mavericks moves and our team makes theirs look like snails.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rubio is one of the best open court players in the league, Oubre and Ayton are monster athletes, Bridges is nothing to scoff at either. I am not at all worried about our ability to push the pace.

I also think that you guys are comparing this roster waaaay to much vs our rosters of the last few years, when we had tremendous athletes who didn't know how to play basketball.

If you look at the Suns vs a the league as a whole, we're par for the course. Hell, some posters here are raving about the Mavericks moves and our team makes theirs look like snails.

I think the Mavericks are going to struggle mightily for the same reason, just as they did last year...

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd think if the team was looking at being this weak defensively, they'd want to run, shoot as much as possible... but you need athletes for that.

it's why I fear a really weird, kinda ugly team. They REALLY need Oubre to come back. If all those unathletic dudes are just spot players and our core really revolves around Book, Oubre, a much improved Ayton and Bridges, spot duty for the others won't kill them. But Oubre is the difference i think between this team possibly winning 30-35 games or not being much better than last year.
Rubio is not a jumper, but he is a runner. He will move the ball up the court quickly. Saric will run too, same with Ayton.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rubio is not a jumper, but he is a runner. He will move the ball up the court quickly. Saric will run too, same with Ayton.

Sadly, we now have a point guard who throws a great lob pass, but other than Ayton, we have nobody who can catch and flush one down...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Awaiting a large offer sheet from another team is the only plausible explanation as to why Oubre has not yet agreed on an extension.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

How are the Golden State Warriors keeping all those plates spinning? The NBA office is going to have a headache working out all their moves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my concern with most of our moves isn't on offense. i just fear we are going to leak like a sieve defensively.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm going to guess the posters who have concerns about the Suns roster aren't the ones raving about the Mavs moves.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Awaiting a large offer sheet from another team is the only plausible explanation as to why Oubre has not yet agreed on an extension.
That's kind of what Gambo hinted at.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to guess the posters who have concerns about the Suns roster aren't the ones raving about the Mavs moves.

Well, again, that was an example. Look around the league, our roster is hardly unathletic.

Compared to the SUNS of previous years... yeah, this one is not as high flying... but most of those high flying guys sucked at basketball.

I honestly find the notion silly. The team has some areas of concern but the ability to push the pace on offense is not among them.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Dave Burns saying this hints at Kawhi to the Lakers. Elamin Elhassen (SP) seems to back up this is what he's hearing, too. On another tweet he says reporters can't just put rumors out there not verified.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Relax

Games don’t start til Halloween.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what that has to to do with anything. I’d just like to know we have an important player back and not have to worry about it. Then I will gladly move on and patiently wait until mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watrching LAL and MIA on NBATV Summer League starts tonight!

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my concern with most of our moves isn't on offense. i just fear we are going to leak like a sieve defensively.
Rubio is a very good defender, so is Baynes. Not sure about the rookies. Saric is not good but not as bad as some make out.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rubio is a very good defender, so is Baynes. Not sure about the rookies. Saric is not good but not as bad as some make out.

Jerome was a solid college defender in the Virginia Cavaliers scheme. Cam Johnson was an atrocious college defender.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, again, that was an example. Look around the league, our roster is hardly unathletic.

Compared to the SUNS of previous years... yeah, this one is not as high flying... but most of those high flying guys sucked at basketball.

I honestly find the notion silly. The team has some areas of concern but the ability to push the pace on offense is not among them.
Push the pace has nothing to do with athleticism. You’re moving the goalposts. Who said anything about pushing the pace?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jerome was a solid college defender in the Virginia Cavaliers scheme. Cam Johnson was an atrocious college defender.

No he wasn't. He was a solid defender in college but there is legit concern that it won't carry over

But hey... exaggerations!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Push the pace has nothing to do with athleticism. You’re moving the goalposts. Who said anything about pushing the pace?

There were like 5 posts wondering if the Suns are going to slow the tempo down on the previous page alone... gimme a break cheese.

And I am not worried about athleticism either. Seriously, go look at other rosters around the league, as I mentioned there are THREE less "athletic" teams in Texas alone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

who is talking about offense? Most of the concerns with a team this unathletic is talking about this is how atrocious we're going to be on D.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There were like 5 posts wondering if the Suns are going to slow the tempo down on the previous page alone... gimme a break cheese.

And I am not worried about athleticism either. Seriously, go look at other rosters around the league, as I mentioned there are THREE less "athletic" teams in Texas alone.
I’m not cheese.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He was a solid defender in college but there is legit concern that it won't carry over

But hey... exaggerations!

says the guy who's completely distorting the issue that some of us have believing this lack of athleticism is going to be a major problem on D and for some reason is only focussing on offense (which you called me out on in an ouchie post... even though I mentioned it only once).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah cause our FO is a bunch of morons who strive to emulate a college program. C'mon man

uh... the idea that this FO has risen above moron status... when the entire LEAGUE and even lottery picks thought they were morons during the draft is really weird.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson