2019 Free Agency

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who is talking about offense? Most of the concerns with a team this unathletic is talking about this is how atrocious we're going to be on D.
says the guy who's completely distorting the issue that some of us have believing this lack of athleticism is going to be a major problem on D and for some reason is only focussing on offense (which you called me out on in an ouchie post... even though I mentioned it only once).
I’m not cheese.

My mistake, wrong brother name drop.

So now... gimme a break Ouchie AND cheese.... on the previous page there were several posts talking about the Suns and the tempo they'd play at, there is nothing "distorting" about relating that to pace.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So now... gimme a break Ouchie AND cheese.... on the previous page there were several posts talking about the Suns and the tempo they'd play at, there is nothing "distorting" about relating that to pace.

LITERALLY ONE POST FROM ME WONDERING ABOUT TEMPO.

MULTIPLE POSTS TALKING ABOUT DEFENSE.

I put those in bold capped not to scream but because you're apparently just ignoring everything else.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That’s fair. Personally I don’t conflate pace with athleticism.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LITERALLY ONE POST FROM ME WONDERING ABOUT TEMPO.

MULTIPLE POSTS TALKING ABOUT DEFENSE.

Jesus Man... get over yourself, calling others silly and creating mountains out of molehills because it apparently makes you feel better and just stick to what people are ACTUALLY talking about, especially when you're calling out posters by name.

lol, what the heck are you going on about? I'm not trying to call anyone out, I accidentally said your name when responding to your brother, sorry. Good lord.

There were several posts NOT from you about tempo just two pages ago.

And yes, now I feel this is even sillier.

The Suns are hardly unathletic, do I think they're going to struggle on defense? Absolutely.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Suns are doing just fine....including the draft. All the negative is getting old. If this off-season doesn't have you ready for the season than you might as well root for someone else. Go Suns

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol, what the heck are you going on about? I'm not trying to call anyone out, I accidentally said your name when responding to your brother, sorry. Good lord.

There were several posts NOT from you about tempo just two pages ago.

And yes, now I feel this is even sillier.

The Suns are hardly unathletic, do I think they're going to struggle on defense? Absolutely.
We struggled on D and still made multiple WCF....who cares

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns are doing just fine....including the draft. All the negative is getting old. If this off-season doesn't have you ready for the season than you might as well root for someone else. Go Suns

and here we are as usual... those who dare question a team that has given very little reason to cheer for... and do so along with what a lot of people in the media are also questioning this off-season should go find another team.

Bravo.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and here we are as usual... those who dare question a team that has given very little reason to cheer for... and do so along with what a lot of people in the media are also questioning this off-season should go find another team.

Bravo.
It's more than just questioning the team and you know it.
If we can keep Oubre I find this off-season a total success. Will it translate to wins? I sure hope so. But to say just questioning the moves ...is wrong...it's a total beat down on our organization

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we can keep Oubre I find this off-season a total success. Will it translate to wins? I sure hope so. But to say just questioning the moves is wrong...it's a total beat down on our organization

our organization hasn't proven otherwise at this point. again, you're making it seem like the people questioning the organization are coming from completely out of left field.

The entire world outside the Valley (and most inside the Valley) mocked this organization unmercifully for the draft. And so far, our FA period has been met with a collective shrug.

If they keep Oubre, the off-season is okay, IMO. They lose him, it's an abject disaster.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can keep Oubre I find this off-season a total success. Will it translate to wins? I sure hope so. But to say just questioning the moves ...is wrong...it's a total beat down on our organization

You can’t call it a total success and hope for wins. Total success would be what!?

Also, this organization deserves just about every beat down they have gotten in the Sarver era.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can’t call it a total success and hope for wins. Total success would be what!?

Also, this organization deserves just about every beat down they have gotten in the Sarver era.
Ridiculous...The Sarver era has multiple playoffs and great moments. It's only the last 4 years that it's been a complete disaster. Give the organization credit for it's early success don't crap on it over 4yrs

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculous...The Sarver era has multiple playoffs and great moments. It's only the last 4 years that it's been a complete disaster. Give the organization credit for it's early success don't crap on it over 4yrs

Hmmm.... IMO, it's been about 9 years of disaster with a brief blip in 2014 when we won 48 games.

Also, I think the success the Sarver Suns had at the start was entirely because of the superb state the team was in when the Colangelos left.

The new front office and coaching staff, the jury is out on them, Sarver is an awful owner and I don't know what it would take for me to think he isn't still meddling.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
40-42 not a disaster...33-33 not a disaster...39-43 not a disaster. Disappointing yes...but we were trying and fielding a competitive team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas agrees to deal with Wizards.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas agrees to deal with Wizards.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Man, the way the Celtics handled him when his hip was hurt... I wouldn't be surprised if he sues after he retires. I don't know if it's their fault, but that hip injury cost him at least 100 million dollars.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, the way the Celtics handled him when his hip was hurt... I wouldn't be surprised if he sues after he retires. I don't know if it's their fault, but that hip injury cost him at least 100 million dollars.

I think it was handled poorly by the Celtics as well. He was looking for a big contract and he was discarded after the injury.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston was never giving him a huge contract even if he was healthy.

I'm not talking about them not signing him so much as that he hurt his hip and he played through it and it sounded as though it wasn't a serious issue, now a few years later it's basically destroyed his career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston was never giving him a huge contract even if he was healthy.

Yeah. He wasn't getting the money from the Celtics. It's the way they discarded him for Irving.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah. He wasn't getting the money from the Celtics. It's the way they discarded him for Irving.

That’s one I’ve always been on the opposite end of the spectrum on. They had a good deal in place that most teams would’ve made. If the training staff mishandled him then that’s different story but it’s still a business.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm not talking about them not signing him so much as that he hurt his hip and he played through it and it sounded as though it wasn't a serious issue, now a few years later it's basically destroyed his career.

The injury definitely screwed him. Im not sure how his game would’ve aged if he never got hurt though. He had to work so hard to score like AI but without the explosiveness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No you go root for someone else where you sis-boom-bah is warranted!

See how stupid it sounds when you tell a fellow fan to go root for another team?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson