2019 4th round pick is Hakeem Butler WR

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't he the WR it was reported we used his injury status to stash him on the roster rather than cut him for poor work ethic?

Why would you keep a guy around if he had poor work ethic.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We kept DJ Humphries on the roster for 5 years and then paid him top LT money

thats BS. Your talking about being someone who is lazy vs someone who isn’t ready to play at a high level in the NFL. Those are two very different things.

go back and watch that draft night he was a project when he was drafted. Never projected to be day

two very very different things

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he wasn't costing a roster space and you hope you can get him to turn the light on?

or maybe a rookie isn’t ready yet?

more must be lazy or have low character right

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
thats BS. Your talking about being someone who is lazy vs someone who isn’t ready to play at a high level in the NFL. Those are two very different things.

go back and watch that draft night he was a project when he was drafted. Never projected to be day

two very very different things

Yea, a lot of players get nicknames KneeDeep because their coach can't get them to act and work like a professional.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, a lot of players get nicknames KneeDeep because their coach can't get them to act and work like a professional.

have you heard DJ talk about that?

your taking a sound bite and running with it. That’s exactly what it was a sound bite

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
have you heard DJ talk about that?

your taking a sound bite and running with it. That’s exactly what it was a sound bite

Ive heard DJ complain that he didn't like BA and say he felt he was talked down to.

All I know is I have NEVER in my entire life watching the NFL have I seen a non QB...first round pick...that couldnt get on the field for his entire rookie year. We even had injuries at RT that year and they still wouldn't DJ on the field.

BA was notorious for not likeing to play rookies...yet DJ is the ONLY one that never got on the field.

Humphries managed to play 30 games at LT (The position he was drafted to play) in 5 years...while pocketing 18.5 million bucks

But you're right...hes a super hard worker, a genius, and has been totally misread and mistreated by coaches throughout his career.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ive heard DJ complain that he didn't like BA and say he felt he was talked down to.

All I know is I have NEVER in my entire life watching the NFL have I seen a non QB...first round pick...that couldnt get on the field for his entire rookie year. We even had injuries at RT that year and they still wouldn't DJ on the field.

BA was notorious for not likeing to play rookies...yet DJ is the ONLY one that never got on the field.

Humphries managed to play 30 games at LT (The position he was drafted to play) in 5 years...while pocketing 18.5 million bucks

But you're right...hes a super hard worker, a genius, and has been totally misread and mistreated by coaches throughout his career.

Patrick Mahomes?

Sound a little bitter.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone saying that he had a poor work ethic. It was more his route running and inconsistent hands that had him at the back of the line.

pretty much. Everything I’ve read is he’s not ready for prime time.

It’s always lazy, quit, dumb as to why guys take longer than others. Just a little odd

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was a 20-year-old immature kid and that, in football terms, is aeons ago.

In that time Arians retired; did the TV thing and came back to the League.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I always assumed KneeDeep was BA’s way of lighting a fire under a really talented player.

Then why has he been well below average his entire career. Use whatever grading system you want, DJ is always in the bottom 10 of the league as a LT.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This is what Stout is referring to...

Yesterday, PFN NFL Insider Tony Pauline discussed the frustration that has been brewing for some time.

“Last fall I was told the team was not happy with their fourth-round pick from the 2019 draft and the Cardinals were relieved they had to place him on injured reserve rather than face the embarrassment of cutting him before the regular season. I heard further confirmation of this during the Scouting Combine three weeks ago.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/fantasy-football-impact-free-agency-for-arizona-cardinals/

It doesn’t necessarily say work ethic but if the rumor is true something about him didn’t sit well with the team.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
This is what Stout is referring to...

Yesterday, PFN NFL Insider Tony Pauline discussed the frustration that has been brewing for some time.

“Last fall I was told the team was not happy with their fourth-round pick from the 2019 draft and the Cardinals were relieved they had to place him on injured reserve rather than face the embarrassment of cutting him before the regular season. I heard further confirmation of this during the Scouting Combine three weeks ago.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/fantasy-football-impact-free-agency-for-arizona-cardinals/

It doesn’t necessarily say work ethic but if the rumor is true something about him didn’t sit well with the team.

Yeah, it’s called he wouldn’t **** on social media!!! He had a lot of controversial opinions from what I saw last year. Not sure now since I’m not on Twitter anymore.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hakeem Butler won’t be on the team much longer.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cutting Butler would be a disaster.

Passed up Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Maxx Crosby, Hunter Renfrow and Darius Slayton for him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave