2019 4th round pick is Hakeem Butler WR

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
God I hope he dominates. The dude has freakish ability.

Just give me 75% of DK Metcalf and I will smile.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this comes in here on a mission. He had football taken away from him. His injury turned out to be way more debilitating than we though.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He was so raw last season in Training Camp that he might have been cut if he didn't get hurt. If the Cardinals take a WR in the draft this year his roster spot is definitely in jeopardy.

Yeah people arent remembering when I said that above, not hating just facts, if Cards take Lamb, I say zero chance he makes it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Not taking DK MetCalf TWICE in the 2nd round is going to stick with me for a while. Freaking Invisibella.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah people arent remembering when I said that above, not hating just facts, if Cards take Lamb, I say zero chance he makes it.

I watched him live at Training camp and man his route running looked real poor. Fitz was really trying to mentor him but then he got hurt. I will say that Butler did look like a beast in the Red Zone. The smaller DBs really struggled against him on those jump balls.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched him live at Training camp and man his route running looked real poor. Fitz was really trying to mentor him but then he got hurt. I will say that Butler did look like a beast in the Red Zone. The smaller DBs really struggled against him on those jump balls.
The guy is just so physically gifted. He has posted some video of him working hard this off season. The talent is there. I hope he just makes massive strides and we can hopefully let Fitz go off into the sunset this year or next...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Unfortunately he turned out to be a drooler. Why no one noticed this while reviewing his college film, I never understood. I have seen him lined up before the snap and he is drooling so much his jersey is sop and wet. It is one thing for OLmen to be droolers, and another for someone who is expected to catch or handle the ball.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Would be very disappointing if KK missed on Isabella (supposedly hand picked by him) and Butler (missed out on him at Texas Tech).

Which would make me question his ability to pick the right WR in round 1 if that's what we do.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I do wonder...
We still make the Hopkins move even if we drafted a stud WR that year, right?
Not taking DK MetCalf TWICE in the 2nd round is going to stick with me for a while. Freaking Invisibella.
I think if given the choice I would rather have AJ Brown or maybe DeeBo Samuel at the top of the 2nd round (passing up Murphy)

Would be very disappointing if KK missed on Isabella (supposedly hand picked by him) and Butler (missed out on him at Texas Tech).

Which would make me question his ability to pick the right WR in round 1 if that's what we do.
1. I'm curious how they saw the Edelman comparisons. Julian seems far more sudden and shifty. I'm not giving up on Andy but the plan on how to use him needs to change.
2. I also think Kliff (maybe even Keim) assumed he could just scheme these guys open even if they were unpolished. Butler/Isabella clearly needed time. However, putting Butler on IR for Crabtree and Isabella missing out on reps for Byrd/Cooper...not great for the development.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In all fairness, Metcalf's college production was lousy. His draft ranking was far more due to his combine performance than anything, and that usually is not a good indicator of NFL performance.

He appears to be an exception.

Isabella didn't do much, but he didn't get many opportunities yet either.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In all fairness, Metcalf's college production was lousy. His draft ranking was far more due to his combine performance than anything, and that usually is not a good indicator of NFL performance.

don’t forget his neck injury in college. Dude didn’t do a single thing in college.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

He didn't get many opportunities because he probably didn't earn them.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
don’t forget his neck injury in college. Dude didn’t do a single thing in college.
That is not true. He looked very good when on the field, to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is not true. He looked very good when on the field, to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

he played 2 games his freshman year and 7 his senior year

DK Rec 26 Yards 596 TD 5

(DK best year was his sophomore year
Rec 39 Yards 646 TD 7)

Jerry Juedy Rec 77 Yards 1163 TD 10

CeeDee Lamb Rec 62 Yards 1327 TD 14

again did NOTHING. Wanna compare Juedy and Lamb’s sophomore years? The gap only gets worse.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
dont know if Butler, or Isabella will turn out

but:

DK Metcalf got to play with an excellent vet QB, on an offense with lots of continuity of the other pieces, as the second WR opposite Lockett -- and was asked to run a limited set of routes in a run heavy offense

meaning: he had about everything you could ask for to set a young WR up for success.

compare that with all the moving pieces in the Cardinals offense last year, rookie QB, rookie playcaller, etc

had the Cards drafted DK Metcalf last year, I think we would be viewing him as someone who flashed but was inconsistent

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
he played 2 games his freshman year and 7 his senior year

DK Rec 26 Yards 596 TD 5

(DK best year was his sophomore year
Rec 39 Yards 646 TD 7)

Jerry Juedy Rec 77 Yards 1163 TD 10

CeeDee Lamb Rec 62 Yards 1327 TD 14

again did NOTHING. Wanna compare Juedy and Lamb’s sophomore years? The gap only gets worse.
1. Those guys had much better QBs and OCs...
2. His #s arent bad for a RS SOPH. Especially one that got hurt his SO year. He was on track for 1000 yards and 10 tds

I'm ok with not getting Metcalf. To me the real miss was not getting AJ Brown instead of Murphy. That guy would be the perfect WR to have opposite Hopkins.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
In fairness AJ brown was the guy at ole miss, Metcalf was the freak but not as good as a wr. Prob the same in the nfl so far.
I did think we were gonna take Metcalf in the bottom of the 2nd. Hopefully isabella proves everyone wrong

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave