2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still fast.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I still think the Rams/Cowboys stadiums type turf allows for Kyer hit peak speed. Just looks like he has another gear on that kinda turf. Still that kinda turf isnt good for health long term though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you offered me Williams AND Bosa, I wouldn't give up Murray.

I wouldn't trade Murray for Stafford and three 1st round picks.

Yup. The ONLY other player in the league who is more untouchable than Kyler is Mahommes at this point. No one else, no combo of players or picks would I give up to trade the human cheat code at QB.

He’s our homegrown superstar QB. We’ve been waiting for one since the day the Cards landed in Arizona. We have that now and I wouldn’t trade anything or anyone in the entire league for him (save Mahommes). And Mahommes only gets that distinction because of playoff success and longevity at this point.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. The ONLY other player in the league who is more untouchable than Kyler is Mahommes at this point. No one else, no combo of players or picks would I give up to trade the human cheat code at QB.

He’s our homegrown superstar QB. We’ve been waiting for one since the day the Cards landed in Arizona. We have that now and I wouldn’t trade anything or anyone in the entire league for him (save Mahommes). And Mahommes only gets that distinction because of playoff success and longevity at this point.
I was a big fan of Mahomes coming out because I started to realize how much of what we think is based on tropes that we learned throughout the years that aren't necessarily true. Remember when people said spread or air raid QBs couldn't make it in the NFL? Yeah that's not true. Neither is the idea that sub 6'0 QBs can't play. It's just another factor, but shouldn't be the only one.

Yesterday my Rams fan friend FINALLY said, "Yeah Murray is great. He's one of the best in the league and is elite." It feels good to know the Cardinals have the chance to have a player like that instead of Chris Griesen or Rich Bartel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Mahomes coming out because I started to realize how much of what we think is based on tropes that we learned throughout the years that aren't necessarily true. Remember when people said spread or air raid QBs couldn't make it in the NFL? Yeah that's not true. Neither is the idea that sub 6'0 QBs can't play. It's just another factor, but shouldn't be the only one.

Yesterday my Rams fan friend FINALLY said, "Yeah Murray is great. He's one of the best in the league and is elite." It feels good to know the Cardinals have the chance to have a player like that instead of Chris Griesen or Rich Bartel.

Same. My friend who’s a Raiders fan just flat out texted me: “As long as Kyler’s healthy, you will be very good.”

Being Raiders/Cards fan, we are brothers in misery most Sundays so I’m sure there was a lot of pain behind sending that text.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Same. My friend who’s a Raiders fan just flat out texted me: “As long as Kyler’s healthy, you will be very good.”

Being Raiders/Cards fan, we are brothers in misery most Sundays so I’m sure there was a lot of pain behind sending that text.
Carr is a nice player...but yeah he's not even close to Murray

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let’s not forget Tom Tupa, Stan Gelbaugh, and John Navarre.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is what most of us pro Kyler guys saw leading up to that draft. A guy who can do absolutely everything at the QB position, but just happened to be short. There were no noticeable weaknesses back then and I think we can say that about him right now as well.

My knock on Kyler at OU had nothing to do with him it was just the fact he never was pressured and had WR’s wide open all the time. I wasn’t sure it would translate the way it did for Mahomes. Luckily they didn’t overthink it and pulled the trigger.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Remember when people were gnashing their teeth over Kyler being too into video games?
Or when people were saying that because we didn't see proof of Murray working with a QB coach, he wasn't?

He had clearly improved his fundamentals. On a number of occasions we've seen Kyler set his feet in the middle of a scramble to get off a more accurate throw. We've also seen him climb the pocket.

I loved what Steve Young was saying about Kyler and Kliff. You can tell that Young feels a kinship to QBs like Murray.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My knock on Kyler at OU had nothing to do with him it was just the fact he never was pressured and had WR’s wide open all the time. I wasn’t sure it would translate the way it did for Mahomes. Luckily they didn’t overthink it and pulled the trigger.

Same, in college he was choosing which wide open future NFL Wr to throw to. same reason I totally underrated Mac Jones. But Kyler can do things with his legs that Jones can only dream of.

Ironic that right now it appears Tua and possibly Hurts were the Bama(and OU) Qb's we overrated due to talent around them not Kyler or Jones.

Hurts looks like he can be good but there's clear holes that make it not 100% sure. He has a chance to be a star if he develops more as a pocket passer. Tua just looks like his arm isn't strong enough, he doesn't run enough post injury to offset that. Not bad but not good enough. Jones is so accurate and has a great release it appears he'll be very good. And then you have Kyler who's just on a whole other level, best arm of the 4, best runner of the 4(Hurts stronger but not as quick) already a star.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Same, in college he was choosing which wide open future NFL Wr to throw to. same reason I totally underrated Mac Jones. But Kyler can do things with his legs that Jones can only dream of.

Ironic that right now it appears Tua and possibly Hurts were the Bama(and OU) Qb's we overrated due to talent around them not Kyler or Jones.

Hurts looks like he can be good but there's clear holes that make it not 100% sure. He has a chance to be a star if he develops more as a pocket passer. Tua just looks like his arm isn't strong enough, he doesn't run enough post injury to offset that. Not bad but not good enough. Jones is so accurate and has a great release it appears he'll be very good. And then you have Kyler who's just on a whole other level, best arm of the 4, best runner of the 4(Hurts stronger but not as quick) already a star.

Tua had a lot of zip on his throws early on but he just looks broken now. The title game throw vs Georgia was a 50 yard laser with a lightning fast release. I remember some saying he’d never be the same after the hip injury but he was fragile before that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I remember going around in circles about that not being a negative and only a question mark. A question mark that we have about almost every QB in the draft every year. Most of the top drafted QBs played for very talented college teams, but of course some face tougher competition.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
16 passes of at least 25 yards or more. This offense is just lights years ahead of what we saw last year.
While I'm sure improvements by KM and KK are a factor, it doesn't hurt to add a legit down field threat in Green and an electric underneath threat in Moore. Just a far more talented offense this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
While I'm sure improvements by KM and KK are a factor, it doesn't hurt to add a legit down field threat in Green and an electric underneath threat in Moore. Just a far more talented offense this year.
It's a combination. Maybe the most talented top to bottom receiving corps this team has had in a long time, offensive line is better, and Murray has improved.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's a combination. Maybe the most talented top to bottom receiving corps this team has had in a long time, offensive line is better, and Murray has improved.
I think more than anything when it comes to Murray is he just looks way more confident out there. There is no second guessing and holding on to the ball until the opportunity has already passed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s all of that. And awesome to watch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson