2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yet some here want to avoid him at all costs. I don't get it. The kid looks pretty damn good to me & he can return punts.

I like Harry but him being a punt returner wouldn't be necessary here, Kirk is the #1 returner and Cooper #2. He looks like a prototypical outside WR to me, it will be interesting to see how he does in the combine workouts. I have no doubt he will be a hit during the interview process and I am sure his ASU coaches will rave about him when asked.

The only thing that gives me pause is how good Hagan and Strong looked at ASU only to not amount to much in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Harry but him being a punt returner wouldn't be necessary here, Kirk is the #1 returner and Cooper #2. He looks like a prototypical outside WR to me, it will be interesting to see how he does in the combine workouts. I have no doubt he will be a hit during the interview process and I am sure his ASU coaches will rave about him when asked.

The only thing that gives me pause is how good Hagan and Strong looked at ASU only to not amount to much in the NFL.

ASU receivers have been busts in recent memory.

I was kind of shocked that Strong busted. He looked like a good NFL receiver.

Reaction score

I don't think they'll keep Kirk returning punts. Too valuable as a receiver to risk injury.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't think they'll keep Kirk returning punts. Too valuable as a receiver to risk injury.

We will see, but I doubt that. They kept running PP out there for multiple seasons returning punts and we all know that Peterson was much more valuable on defense.

Not that the guys on the Cardinals podcast know everything but they keep talking about Kirk being the punt returner going forward.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Are we sure Cooper will even make the team?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Are we sure Cooper will even make the team?

I would guess he will as he is the primary kick returner & back up punt returner and probably can fill the JJ Nelson role at WR (which is run fast in a straight line and not contribute offensively) and is on a cheap contract.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting out the bowl game is not going to matter come the Combine, Pro Days and private workouts. After that process is over his stock will be set.

He doesn’t get the benefit of being able to attend the Senior Bowl so of course the guys that do get a chance to be scouted a little closer and are at the forefront of people’s minds. Just like some people have Drew Lock ahead of Haskins, it’s because Lock was just evaluated at an NFL event and Haskins hasn’t had the opportunity yet.

but I believe the live game and practice week has overtaken or will overtake much of the Combine analysis.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
From a clean pocket. Rosen was an 80.9 passer rating. O-Line issues don't seem to be his only problem.

Less than Jackson.
On par with Allen.

No wonder it got horribly worse when he was under pressure.

Can anyone find the version of that graphic above for Goff in his first year? Did he at least show signs of something?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah, but what about the WRs not named Kirk or Fitz who could not catch or get separation or run decent routes or had much time to develop any chemistry or timing with Rosen or the offensive scheme, if anyone even knew what is was or that it was anything coherent. What about all our TEs and how Seals Jones forgot how to catch. OL sure, but I have not even begun yet. What about trying to be a productive QB in a McCoy offense, or worse a McCoy offense without him but still ran by a rookie OC with rookies everywhere and none knowing what the hell they are suppose to be running because even the coaching staff were not sure... so I guess you teach the 'basics' and stress the 'tremendous' attributes of your 'DNA'

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
From a clean pocket. Rosen was an 80.9 passer rating. O-Line issues don't seem to be his only problem.

Less than Jackson.
On par with Allen.

Can anyone find the version of that graphic above for Goff in his first year? Did he at least show signs of something?

I would imagine not much different than Rosen. Overall they were very similar in passer rating as rookies. Rosen slightly better.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Less than Jackson.
On par with Allen.

Even TB12 is just some guy, with pressure and no clean pocket. In fact, the key to the Patriots SB run this year, was not allowing any sacks or hits on TB12.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose