2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trae Young is the best guard prospect in the draft.

He truly has Curry-esque potential.

He really is good and the more I see him play the more the Curry comparisons hold up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I maintain he will go in Top 10, maybe as high as #6 after Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Bamba and maybe Porter Jr if he comes out.
Regardless, this is an incredibly talented draft at the top and it’s seeming to grow DEEPER as TE season progresses.

Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Bamba
Young
Sexton
Both Bridges
Jaren Jackson

That’s 10 without even thinking.

Haunting

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Regardless, this is an incredibly talented draft at the top and it’s seeming to grow DEEPER as TE season progresses.

Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Bamba
Young
Sexton
Both Bridges
Jaren Jackson

That’s 10 without even thinking.
not all of those are great

Mo Bamba is a multi-year project for instance, just has no offensive moves.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The universe owes us a top 3 pick this year. I know the Lakers don't own their pick, but I'm still predicting they pick #2.

Doncic, Ayton, and Bagley look like potential franchise players.

I'm also excited about Bomba, Porter, Sexton, and Young.

Haunting

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone who says Doncic is not a point guard needs to watch that clip if they can't find any full games. That's a point guard if I've ever seen one.
ah educate us more from youtube highlight reels

Being a great playmaker does not mean you are a PG.

An offense where Doncic and Booker are in shared playmaker roles can work but you still need someone in the lineup who can defend Point Guards.

And that should usually be a PG.

If we got lucky enough to get Doncic with our pick we should still do everything to get Trae Young.

Young-Booker-Doncic is a lot better than Doncic-Booker-Jackson/Warren whatever

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
ah educate us more from youtube highlight reels

Being a great playmaker does not mean you are a PG.

An offense where Doncic and Booker are in shared playmaker roles can work but you still need someone in the lineup who can defend Point Guards.

And that should usually be a PG.

If we got lucky enough to get Doncic with our pick we should still do everything to get Trae Young.

Young-Booker-Doncic is a lot better than Doncic-Booker-Jackson/Warren whatever

Actually, being originally from Europe, I have some contacts back there, and have seen multiple games of Doncic. He is a point guard if I've ever seen a point guard. There is nothing that says a point guard has to guard opposing team's point guards. I don't recall Magic Johnson defending other point guards. I don't have an opinion on your last sentence, as I am not familiar enough with Young, so unlike some people, I am not going to talk out of my behind.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The irony is denigrating doncic playing pg bc he can’t do so defensively, but talent evaluators knock young for his lack of physical attributes necessary to be a good defender.

Haunting

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The irony is denigrating doncic playing pg bc he can’t do so defensively, but talent evaluators knock young for his lack of physical attributes necessary to be a good defender.

Doncic is a very average athlete.

It would be like putting Doug McDermott on Point Guards.

Actually, being originally from Europe, I have some contacts back there, and have seen multiple games of Doncic. He is a point guard if I've ever seen a point guard. There is nothing that says a point guard has to guard opposing team's point guards. I don't recall Magic Johnson defending other point guards. I don't have an opinion on your last sentence, as I am not familiar enough with Young, so unlike some people, I am not going to talk out of my behind.

Oh your contacts, what did they say about Bender? Are they living in Spain? What makes them basketball experts?

I have seen every Real Madrid euro league with Doncic btw and a lot of them live.

Doncic is not even playing PG for Real Madrid most of the time. He is a great playmaker but no he is not a PG, he is a typical point forward.
For Madrid he plays alongside 5'11 guard Campazzo who plays 2nd most minutes for Madrid.

It also makes little sense to put Doncic at PG offensively and let Josh Jackson guard PGs. PG is one of the most talent rich positions in the NBA and Doncic allows you to have a great playmaker at the 2/3 and still play someone like Trae Young or NBA allstar PG in the lineup.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. The syntax as well as the attitude is all slinslin. I thought cloning and trying to hide yourself was against the rules here?

Let's not presume. @Haunting has brought something to the table.

Hopefully he is past the awkward introduction.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was odd how a new poster shows up acting and sounding just like Slin until I looked at the post history to see the first post is a huge anti-Bender/pro-Chriss post. No intro, straight into it. I imagine that's been eating away at him all year with how virtually all Suns fans have been losing hope while watching Chriss play but finally seeing some glimpses of Bender that made him the prospect he was. Bender looks to be the better bet if you're predicting who will have the better career although I'm not sure what either of their careers will look like, I can't see Bender regressing like Chriss has while it wouldn't shock me to see Chriss play his way out of the league with his attitude. I certainly hope that doesn't happen but we'll see. Hopefully they both become quality starters but I wouldn't bet on both of them doing that here in Phoenix within the next 3-4 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic is not even playing PG for Real Madrid most of the time. He is a great playmaker but no he is not a PG, he is a typical point forward.
For Madrid he plays alongside 5'11 guard Campazzo who plays 2nd most minutes for Madrid.

The "Magic Johnson is not a point-guard"-esque argument here is dead give-away Slin. Try harder next time.

Haunting

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Poop Head said:
I imagine that's been eating away at him all year with how virtually all Suns fans have been losing hope while watching Chriss play but finally seeing some glimpses of Bender that made him the prospect he was. Bender looks to be the better bet if you're predicting who will have the better career although I'm not sure what either of their careers will look like, I can't see Bender regressing like Chriss has while it wouldn't shock me to see Chriss play his way out of the league with his attitude. I certainly hope that doesn't happen but we'll see. Hopefully they both become quality starters but I wouldn't bet on both of them doing that here in Phoenix within the next 3-4 years.

lol

Bender has not shown anything, he is confirming that he is super garbage. Even the Suns twitter hipsters don't believe in Bender anymore.

I'll repost it for you

Worst RPM of all Power Forwards in the entire league with a gargantuan gap to even just the 2nd worst

Suns are -16 net rating with Bender on the floor but only -1 when he is not on the floor. That is FIFTEEN POINTS worse with Bender actually playing, FIFTEEN!!

Bender has so little offensive moves, in a game a couple weeks ago he managed to airball a layup that was defended by 6'7 dude.

His rebounding is pathetic and got worse, his block% is worse, his assists improved by a shade but are considerably behind Chriss, and his shooting improved by a shade but last year he was the worst shooter in the entire league tied with Josh CHildress.

His PER is still less than half of what the league average is.

It would be hard for Bender to re-gress since he is in strong contention as the worst player in the entire league for the 2nd year running.

And as pointed out Chriss improved his rebounding%, assists%, block%, leads the team in DBPM and Defensive Rating.

The biggest reason the Suns are losing are because Ulis, Jackson and Bender are getting killed.
They are 3 of the worst 10 players by RPM in the entire league and play considerable minutes for us.

Last edited:

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not all of those are great

Mo Bamba is a multi-year project for instance, just has no offensive moves.

He is a very talented offensive player, it has just somehow not come together for him yet. He has a good-looking jumper, also some post moves.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I also think it's OK for the Suns to have a Center who can't really score right now. They need scoring, but they need defense and rim protection more. Finding folks who can score is easier than finding big men who can defend and protect the rim/ paint.

Note: Not advocating for any one player in particular as I have not seen any of them play enough, save for Doncic.

Haunting

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Drafting 7 footers (centers) in the lottery that are not sure-fire franchise players is a safe way to draft a bust.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player