Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what makes Bagley so special, he's not only really skilled he plays so hard.

this class is pretty interesting at the top, Bagley looks like a future all star, Porter looks like a future all star, and Ayton looks like a young David Robinson.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's what makes Bagley so special, he's not only really skilled he plays so hard.

this class is pretty interesting at the top, Bagley looks like a future all star, Porter looks like a future all star, and Ayton looks like a young David Robinson.
I’ll take one of each. TANK!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In tonight's exhibition Ayton went for 31/10 on 13-16 shooting in 24 minutes. If he shows something defensively he's going #1.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In tonight's exhibition Ayton went for 31/10 on 13-16 shooting in 24 minutes. If he shows something defensively he's going #1.
ESPN projected him at #2 today behind that guard from Europe... and I have a really hard time picturing a 7'2" center going behind a 6'4" guard from Europe, no matter what the production.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
ESPN projected him at #2 today behind that guard from Europe... and I have a really hard time picturing a 7'2" center going behind a 6'4" guard from Europe, no matter what the production.

Doncic is phenomenal but I think this team is already stacked on the wing. Ayton/Bagley is the perfect fit here but it doesn't seem like the Suns are a bottom-3 team anymore.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Doncic from what little I've seen but I'd be shocked if he went #1 overall with so many potentially franchise altering bigs available that played in the NCAA. I know teams generally pick BPA but if all else is equal for a team that can choose whoever they want I'd be surprised if someone gambled with that pick for Doncic over Porter, Ayton, Bagley, or even Bamba at#1.

I'm excited for the draft but I'm not looking forward to it like I was 3-4 weeks ago when it looked like the Suns would be horrendous this year and get a top 5 pick. They could still get a top 5 pick but it'll be interesting to see how far along Bender and Chriss have developed by years end because I think they'll play a factor in our draft selection, regardless of where the pick falls.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He just looks freakish. He's running around looking like David Robinson with these enormous hands and then such a soft outside shot.

Choosing between him and Bagley and Porter is going to be tough but yeah Ayton is freakishly high potential.

The book on him was always he didn't play hard, if he can get that down he probably is the #1 overall pick

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Doncic from what little I've seen but I'd be shocked if he went #1 overall with so many potentially franchise altering bigs available that played in the NCAA. I know teams generally pick BPA but if all else is equal for a team that can choose whoever they want I'd be surprised if someone gambled with that pick for Doncic over Porter, Ayton, Bagley, or even Bamba at#1.

I wonder if it is still the case that teams will draft bigs over guards when both are considered elite. If you think about it, guards are having much more impact in today's NBA.

The top 3 teams in each conference last year were the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors, Warriors, Spurs, and Rockets.

The only traditional big who was a huge factor in team success for those teams was Aldridge, who was universally derided last year.

Who are the top bigs now?

You could argue that Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are #1 and #2 in the league. Hasn't translated into wins.

Of course, that doesn't mean teams aren't salivating over the next KAT or Embiid, just that the next Harden or Curry is more likely to have an impact on team success if trends continue.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder if it is still the case that teams will draft bigs over guards when both are considered elite. If you think about it, guards are having much more impact in today's NBA.

The top 3 teams in each conference last year were the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors, Warriors, Spurs, and Rockets.

The only traditional big who was a huge factor in team success for those teams was Aldridge, who was universally derided last year.

Who are the top bigs now?

You could argue that Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are #1 and #2 in the league. Hasn't translated into wins.

Of course, that doesn't mean teams aren't salivating over the next KAT or Embiid, just that the next Harden or Curry is more likely to have an impact on team success if trends continue.

I don’t know that I’d buy your correlation assumption. The teams with great guards/wings also happen to have been perfectly constructed around those players and have some impressive coaches and front offices.

The KATs and Embiid have incredibly young teams. And cousins and AD just have Bad pieces around them. Trust me if another David Robinson or kg came into the right situation they’d find success today.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know that I’d buy your correlation assumption. The teams with great guards/wings also happen to have been perfectly constructed around those players and have some impressive coaches and front offices.

The KATs and Embiid have incredibly young teams. And cousins and AD just have Bad pieces around them. Trust me if another David Robinson or kg came into the right situation they’d find success today.

Yeah, I agree with that. If Davis had gone to the Spurs for instance, I bet he would be Tim Duncan all over again. But it is a copycat league. I don't think bigs will get downgraded, but I don't think being a center is enough to push you over a guard if the guard is just as good. If the team with the top pick sees Ayton as a 10 and Doncic as a 10, I think other things will factor in more than which one is a post player.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good news for fans that want to draft a big in this year’s draft. According to Goodman this years draft class is loaded with big man.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good news for fans that want to draft a big in this year’s draft. According to Goodman this years draft class is loaded with big man.
Yeah good article.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool looking draft site. Interesting. Bagley is at #9. I know all the preseason talk is about a 5 player draft. But as the college season progresses, things might change. That Miami pick may be gold.

https://www.thestepien.com/

BTW. I will not be visiting the tanking thread any more, and I will not respond to any tanking comments. Most of you don't care, and that is fine. Not trying to be critical of those who are all "tanky." To me, its just. . . well, I said my piece already.

I will talk about the draft and draft prospects.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool looking draft site. Interesting. Bagley is at #9. I know all the preseason talk is about a 5 player draft. But as the college season progresses, things might change. That Miami pick may be gold.

https://www.thestepien.com/

BTW. I will not be visiting the tanking thread any more, and I will not respond to any tanking comments. Most of you don't care, and that is fine. Not trying to be critical of those who are all "tanky." To me, its just. . . well, I said my piece already.

I will talk about the draft and draft prospects.

Studying the entire draft, particularly the first round and early second round is more fun anyway.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ayton and Bamba are the two I'll be watching over the season. No doubt what you said about Ayton if he keeps it up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson