2016-17 Around the NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie for Bledsoe and pieces makes so much sense as long as Kyrie really buys in to be being here. If not, no deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ving-cleveland-cavaliers-potential-trades-nba

A good read that echos pretty much everything I've been saying about the situation.

Kyrie's trade request, even with all the uncertainty in Cleveland, is bizarre and wholly unique. Players simply do not request off of title teams, especially guys who are already given the offense freedom he enjoys (while taking almost no responsibility on defense). And there are a TON of red flags when it comes to the question of if Kyrie actually makes a team better, the evidence points to... no... he does not. He is a ball stopping chucker who does nothing to improve his teammates and plays putrid D.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Irving has jacked about 26 shots for every 36 minutes he plays without James, per NBA.com. Only six players have ever topped 25 field-goal attempts per 36 minutes in any season, and only one of them -- Wilt Chamberlain -- did it twice. Even Kobe Bryant never pulled it!

Meanwhile, Irving's assist numbers in those minutes barely ticked up".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An important detail for any multi-team deal that nets the Suns a rookie like Ntilikina or Fox. Rookies can't be traded for 30 days after signing. Ntilikina signed on 7/5 while Fox signed on 7/8 I believe.

Last edited:

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Knicks get- Chriss, Knight, Miami's pick 2018

Cleveland get- Melo,Bledsoe,Warren,Chandler PHX pick 2018

Suns get - Irving, Love

Then go after DeAndre Jordan next year.
PG.Irving
SG.Booker
SF. Jackson
PF. Love
C. Jordan

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks get- Chriss, Knight, Miami's pick 2018

Cleveland get- Melo,Bledsoe,Warren,Chandler PHX pick 2018

Suns get - Irving, Love

Then go after DeAndre Jordan next year.
PG.Irving
SG.Booker
SF. Jackson
PF. Love
C. Jordan

So the Suns give up Bledsoe, Chriss, Warren, Chandler, Knight, 2018 Suns pick, and 2018 Miami pick for Irving and Love?

Horrible!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns give up Bledsoe, Chriss, Warren, Chandler, Knight, 2018 Suns pick, and 2018 Miami pick for Irving and Love?

Horrible!

yeah... not a big fan of that trade.

our starting lineup would be

Irving
Booker
Jackson
Love
???? Bender?

Meh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
An important detail for any multi-team deal that nets the Suns a rookie like Ntilikina or Fox. Rookies can't be traded for 30 days after signing. Ntilikina signed on 7/5 while Fox signed on 7/8 I believe.
When and how did Fox enter the conversation?!?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When and how did Fox enter the conversation?!?

There was a report from Sam Amico that Sac was going to throw their hat into the ring and offer up Fox and Koufos. Presumably, Cleveland would prefer an established point guard in return so they could still contend with Lebron. Based on that report Phoenix was speculated as a 3rd team facilitator.

Getting Bledsoe in return package makes a ton of sense for Cleveland.

Here is the link. Phoenix was not specifically mentioned as a 3rd party and landing spot for Fox, but many on the internets speculated as much.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-sacramento-kings-deaaron-fox/

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
So now the talk is we'd have to send Jackson as part of the trade to land Irving. Obviously Eric would have to be part of the trade too since they play the same spot.

Irving is FOOL'S GOLD. In 3 years he averaged 26 wins per season before James. This guy does not make anyone around him better. Not even close.

Offensively he may put up a tad few more points than Bledsoe, but that's about it. Bledsoe is a better rebounder and a better passer than Irving. Eric is a far better facilitator. Irving is a dead end on Offense. He has to have the ball in his hands. And they aren't even on the same page defensively. Defensively, Eric blows Kyrie out of the water. Not to mention that Eric is a far better leader. I wouldn't trade Bledsoe for Irving straight up, let alone adding Jackson. I'm not kidding. Irving's fame is firmly on the coat tails of Lebron.

Eric is a FAR better overall player than Irving. FAR BETTER. The ONLY thing anyone is looking at with Irving is that he can score almost at will. Well that's true. But who wants to play with a guy who dribbles for 20 seconds and then attacks that basket... every... stinking... time? How would this ever make Booker better? Answer: it wouldn't.

This trade talk is insane. And then to say that Jackson and a future 1st is involved with Bledsoe... well, move over BK... now we're talking about the worst trade in team history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a report from Sam Amico that Sac was going to throw their hat into the ring and offer up Fox and Koufos. Presumably, Cleveland would prefer an established point guard in return so they could still contend with Lebron. Based on that report Phoenix was speculated as a 3rd team facilitator.

Getting Bledsoe in return package makes a ton of sense for Cleveland.

Here is the link. Phoenix was not specifically mentioned as a 3rd party and landing spot for Fox, but many on the internets speculated as much.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-sacramento-kings-deaaron-fox/

How interesting it would be for the Suns to end up with Jackson and Fox in the same draft.

It would contend with getting Bender, Chriss and Ulis in last year's draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How interesting it would be for the Suns to end up with Jackson and Fox in the same draft.

It would contend with getting Bender, Chriss and Ulis in last year's draft.

Now, THAT would be interesting.

Fox/Booker/Jackson could be a scary threeesome in a couple years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, THAT would be interesting.

Fox/Booker/Jackson could be a scary threeesome in a couple years.

It would be fun to watch this team grow. I have a feeling other pieces would be involved but a baseline of Fox/Booker/Jackson would be awesome.

Errntknght

Reaction score
There's nothing substantial in Mainstreets link... one tweet had us sending Bled for Frye and Shumpert. Better than getting black hole Irving but laughable all the same.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would be fun to watch this team grow. I have a feeling other pieces would be involved but a baseline of Fox/Booker/Jackson would be awesome.

I wish we had Fox too! Man that would be a team we could grow with. I feel lucky to have our core though...Plus after the Bled regime is over I feel we could have a suitable PG via trade or draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's nothing substantial in Mainstreets link... one tweet had us sending Bled for Frye and Shumpert. Better than getting black hole Irving but laughable all the same.

I didn't put up a link but it's interesting to talk about the Sam Amico article.