2016-17 Around the NBA

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Len got a deal just a little higher than what Williams received, any more than that would be a mistake. The main reasons for signing him to a contract at all would be to be to use him in a trade at a later date, as an asset or making salaries work, and also so we can let Chandler go. If he signed for around $18-20 million over 3 years, we should be able to move him easily if needed. He may even develop but I won't hold my breath waiting for that. Having him signed would allow us to trade Chandler though, which needs to be done this offseason if we hope to get anything in return for him, even if it's just a late 1st rounder down the line.

I don't think Len has a long term future here but he should factor into our plans longer than Chandler. Having Len locked in would allow us to move on from Chandler and let us to look for a replacement that fits the new NBA better. Have Len play a limited role on the team for 20-25 minutes similar to how Golden State uses Zaza, as a rim protector and rebounder in the first half and if the game is slowed down in the 4th.

I'd rather the suns keep Chandler then Len. I know Len is you Geronimo, but Chandler seems more dominant on the floor then Len.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FWIW. I think Miami will be pretty good next year. Bam is looking good. That pick is going to likely be mid to late first round. It is not something we have to hang on to if a decent trade manifests itself.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Its an odd market, where players with similar impact get paid quite differently.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its going to be hard to get Melo moved to Houston, because NY thinks they actually have to get something of value in return. As long as that is the case, nothing will happen.