2016-17 Around the NBA

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for rebuilding through the draft if the Cavaliers are serious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're not trading it. Probably just listening to offers.

It's a rumor no doubt but it's interesting that the Cavaliers might use this pick to acquire a veteran piece to help keep Lebron in Cleveland.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh no doubt they are trading there window is now make no mistake.

Cavs get:Bledsoe, Jackson, Bender

Suns get: Kevin love, Brooklyn #1 unprotected

It works money wise. Next years draft is supposed to be great with Porter, Bamba, Ayton and Bagley. The Suns are going to be bad again just based on youth. Your looking at maybe 2 of the top 3/4 picks?

What's Jacksons Max upside? Shawn Marion? ( by the way Marion is a hall of Famer in my opinion he was really good)

What's Porters max Upside? Kevin Durant?

Do you gamble? I think I do

Jackson is good but the talk around Porter is he's a generational type player a legit franchise player

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh no doubt they are trading there window is now make no mistake.

Cavs get:Bledsoe, Jackson, Bender

Suns get: Kevin love, Brooklyn #1 unprotected

It works money wise. Next years draft is supposed to be great with Porter, Bamba, Ayton and Bagley. The Suns are going to be bad again just based on youth. Your looking at maybe 2 of the top 3/4 picks?

What's Jacksons Max upside? Shawn Marion? ( by the way Marion is a hall of Famer in my opinion he was really good)

What's Porters max Upside? Kevin Durant?

Do you gamble? I think I do

Jackson is good but the talk around Porter is he's a generational type player a legit franchise player

Unprotected #1 doesn't necessarily equal #1 in fruition. We have Jackson right now... Porter is a 'potential' player to be aquired...BIG DIFFERENCE. That makes a trade like that reckless.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... there are no guarantees with the lotto, we could finish with the worst record, the Nets could have the 2nd worst record and there are fair odds we'd draft 4th and 5th.

We HAVE Jackson, and I think almost everyone agrees he has all-star potential. I am not willing to trade that for what would be, at best, 25% odds at getting the top pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unprotected #1 doesn't necessarily equal #1 in fruition. We have Jackson right now... Porter is a 'potential' player to be aquired...BIG DIFFERENCE. That makes a trade like that reckless.

That's why I asked do you gamble. Like I said I think I do man we got to swing for the fences sometime.

There are three legit generational talents next year. Jackson could get hurt tomorrow it's all a risk

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's why I asked do you gamble. Like I said I think I do man we got to swing for the fences sometime.

There are three legit generational talents next year. Jackson could get hurt tomorrow it's all a risk

C'mon...you don't trade Jackson for a 'chance' at Porter. We were super lucky to have Jackson fall in our laps. Plus too we are better off tanking again then to pull a stunt like that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon...you don't trade Jackson for a 'chance' at Porter. We were super lucky to have Jackson fall in our laps. Plus too we are better off tanking again then to pull a stunt like that.

We don't have to tank were gonna be in the top 5 again just because of youth and the west has gotten better.

What If it's the all star break and Brooklyn is horrible and the cavs come calling?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have to tank were gonna be in the top 5 again just because of youth and the west has gotten better.

What If it's the all star break and Brooklyn is horrible and the cavs come calling?

Then I offer them Bledsoe, Chandler... Williams... take back crap contracts and ask for the Brooklyn pick. I don't throw in Jackson.

You don't trade away all-star potential teenagers that you HAVE for draft picks. Brooklyn could be 0-50 at the all-star break and that pick would still only have a 25% chance of going number 1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns gamble with their luck. No thanks. We've been through this before.

If need be, perhaps the Suns can move up in the next draft if the right player is there. They should have the Miami pick in 2018.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
To me, Jackson is probably the second most untouchable player on the roster. No way do I include Jackson for a chance at a top pick. I could be persuaded to include Chriss or Bender, but no Jackson. If Cavs want to win now, they don't need those guys. They need Bledsoe, Chandler, Warren. That said, they would be smart to keep future assets, There is no way they will beat Golden State, and I don't think LeBron is going to stay once his contract is up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I offer them Bledsoe, Chandler... Williams... take back crap contracts and ask for the Brooklyn pick. I don't throw in Jackson.

You don't trade away all-star potential teenagers that you HAVE for draft picks. Brooklyn could be 0-50 at the all-star break and that pick would still only have a 25% chance of going number 1.

exactly... I offer them everything but Book and Jackson. Throwing in jackson makes no sense.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how high the Cavs are on JR Smith, but I would offer Bledsoe, Dudley, Jones for Shumpert, Smith, Frye, BKN pick and a protected Cavs 1st.

That would save them at least 30 millions this year, while giving a (much) better chance of re-signing Lebron.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To take Finito's side for a second there are three quality bigs to be had...you don't have to necessarily get the number one pick to 'maybe' upgrade over Jackson.

Having said that I don't think giving up JJ is a plausible way to go. He's a talent in his own right and a big. Plus that would be a hard sell to give up Jackson so early when he could be a perfect fit player for the suns.

I wonder how possible it would be for the Suns to crack the top 3 next season???

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way you give up Jackson at all is if it's a deal made after the lottery to get us the #1 or #2 pick. You don't include him for a chance at the #1 pick. I'm not sold on including him for the #1 pick but you wait rather than gamble.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way the Cavs trade that number one pick for some of the packages mentioned those are just unrealistic, they want Jackson and want him bad.

Your looking at 3 legit franchise players in this draft, I like Jackon I like him a lot but he's not a franchise player. Your talking about Generational guys in this upcoming draft. I think it all depends on what Brooklyn looks like this season.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No way the Cavs trade that number one pick for some of the packages mentioned those are just unrealistic, they want Jackson and want him bad.

Your looking at 3 legit franchise players in this draft, I like Jackon I like him a lot but he's not a franchise player. Your talking about Generational guys in this upcoming draft. I think it all depends on what Brooklyn looks like this season.

You got a point but when do you see teams do trades like the one you suggest? I don't see teams trading newly aquired high draft picks for players in the very next draft. I don't think I've ever seen that happen Finito...which means it won't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard