2015-16 season thread

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That win over MTL should give some confidence to the Yotes, but man did they look awful! I can't believe how far they've fallen without Price.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thought this was kinda funny.

I have nothing going on tonight so I thought hey maybe I'll catch another Yotes game, better double check if they are home.

So I get on NHL.com and in the gamecenter it leads off with this very perplexing headline:

"Jason Spezza will be in the lineup when the Dallas Stars host the Arizona Coyotes at Gila River Arena on Thursday. "

I'm like wait, so we are at home, but we're the road team?

LOL Anyways, obviously I figured it out, just thought it was kinda funny. GO YOTES!

Anyone else going to the game tonight?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought this was kinda funny.

I have nothing going on tonight so I thought hey maybe I'll catch another Yotes game, better double check if they are home.

So I get on NHL.com and in the gamecenter it leads off with this very perplexing headline:

"Jason Spezza will be in the lineup when the Dallas Stars host the Arizona Coyotes at Gila River Arena on Thursday. "

I'm like wait, so we are at home, but we're the road team?

LOL Anyways, obviously I figured it out, just thought it was kinda funny. GO YOTES!

Anyone else going to the game tonight?

No. :kicksdirt:

You have fun, though! Howl loud and often!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Once the new arena gets built in Tempe or Phoenix, home games will be there and road games will be in Glendale. Win/Win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
. Go Yotes!

Bout to drop pick but there is zero energy on here right now, no matter how much popcorn I throw at people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That pic is from warmups tho, it's more full now, don't want to give wrong impression

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What a game so far! Stone scores to make it 2-2
You must be registered for see images

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You're seeing a great game Bert!! This team has some great pieces to build on... Domi and Duclair are amazing!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Domi and Duclair are the type of building blocks I never dreamed we would develop here. Another unreal performance from the youngsters tonight.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Loved the give and go to Gaudet. That was beautiful hockey right there.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Domi and Duclair are the type of building blocks I never dreamed we would develop here. Another unreal performance from the youngsters tonight.

It was awesome last night because this guy sat next to me that was a big Stars fan, but he was a good dude, anyway he asked me; So who do you really like on the Coyotes?

So I said; These two kids Domi and Duclair are really exciting young players.

Then like right on cue they flew down the ice a couple minutes later and scored.

He was like; Dang, there's your boys!

I was like, yep, I'm good. LoL I totally agree tho Splitsecond, those two are really something special when they are on the ice together. Totally pieces to build around.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad about the Blues. First period hole was too deep to recover from. Good effort in the final two periods to at least make it a game.

The schedule is looking brutal from here on out. If the Yotes make the playoffs, they'll belong there.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Too bad about the Blues. First period hole was too deep to recover from. Good effort in the final two periods to at least make it a game.

The schedule is looking brutal from here on out. If the Yotes make the playoffs, they'll belong there.

Feel the same way. Watching that game I just kept laughing and thinking, remember when we were up 1-0? lol

Coyotes have to find a way to posess the puck more. They are still last in the league in goals allowed per game. I sat next to a guy the other day who was really ripping on Domingue, which I think is unfair for a couple of reasons.

1. We are terrible about possessing the puck. This team is among the best in the league at scoring when we have the puck, but we never have it! We are getting out shot every game.

2. Our penalty kill is among the worst in the league.

3. To further indicate how bad our defense is, we are in the bottom five in the NHL in games where we score first. So even getting the lead doesn't help because teams always catch up, just like against the Blues.

4. He's a backup keeper anyway, feels kindof like ripping Ryan Lindley at this point. Plus the pressure he's dealing with is insane. He's got to stop 30+ shots a night if we are to win.

I dont know enough about hockey to know exactly what they need. But I know enough to see that this team has a ton of potential. When Domi and Duclair are on the ice together it feels like looking into the future of this franchise.

So I dont know if they need more offense to possess the puck more or better defensemen. Probably the latter.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need more skill at center. That's in the pipeline.

Our vets are too slow on defense and we need faster decisions to get the puck out of our own zone consistently and use our speed to enhance our transition game.

Goaltending needs to stabilize. Smith isn't the answer. Louie has the tools, but is incredibly young for a starting goaltender. I think that is where his inconsistency is coming from.

The skill coming up in the system should really start paying dividends in the next couple of years. The trick is to keep the team in Phoenix!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No go at TB last night. Competing well against top teams, but we're not able to find that extra gear to push over the top and collect points.

Playoff chances looking bleak at this point. :(

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No go at TB last night. Competing well against top teams, but we're not able to find that extra gear to push over the top and collect points.

Playoff chances looking bleak at this point. :(

I very much agree. The Coyotes always kindof go in the way of a thumper on defense instead of speed.

Our penalty kill is so bad right now, PP's are basically automatic goals at this point.

I agree with you about Louie as well. He's still just raw. He will stand on his head for 2 periods and then suddenly give up a couple of just easy goals that make you scratch your head.

I guarantee you with a better defense in front of him tho this guy would be turning heads. It's tough when you are being asked to stop 30+ shots a game.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coyotes let in yet another shortie (penalty shot, but still) last night. Can't happen.
I like the D-core, but there are obviously issues there since the Coyotes have the highest goals against per game average. Yet they are 9th in goals scored per game. And second-to-last in shots per game! That is a crazy good shooting percentage (comparatively)! It seems like most of the tools are there - somewhere. Need much better tending, however. The book is out on Domingue, apparently.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Boedker to Avs for... Alex Tanguay (?!) and a couple of other guys.. alrighty then. Looks like the couple of other guys are at least some ok looking prospects (based on when they were drafted) from 2014 draft.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, we still suck. Late game in Vancouver tonight. Go tank go!

Save your moves and get Matthews!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumped out of the tank and pulled 5/6 points on trip through western Canada. Not sure why they feel the need to play with my emotions like this, but it's never boring being a fan of this team. :koolaid:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice piece on Domi at The Players's Tribune:

I have to be honest here though, and you’re probably going to shake your head. But if this were right before I was diagnosed, I’m embarrassed to say that I would have had no clue who this guy was. But when I found out I was a diabetic, he immediately became a very important figure in my life. In fact, right after Dr. Strachan, our family doctor, gave me the news, my first question wasn’t about how my diet would change, how to take insulin shots or how it would change my lifestyle. All I wanted to know was, “Can I still play hockey?”

I remember the doctor giving a slight smile and asking, “Do you know Bobby Clarke?”

I shook my head.

“Well, he was a great hockey player and he has diabetes. Of course you can play hockey, Max.”

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/max-domi-coyotes-playing-with-diabetes/

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Select excerpts

Arizona Coyotes' Dylan Strome, prospects ranked best

Not only has Strome continued to evolve with the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League, but he’s impressed so much that he’s been tabbed the No. 1 prospect by The Hockey News with the magazine also identifying the Coyotes’ contingent of prospects and 21-and-under NHLers as tops among all 30 teams.

Center Christian Dvorak, slotted as the 10th-best prospect by The Hockey News, leads the London Knights and sits second in the entire OHL with 118 points – 51 of which are goals, a league-high. Look for him to seriously contend for roster consideration in the fall.

“I think he’s very close to playing in the National Hockey League,” Maloney said.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-dylan-strome-prospects-ranked-best/81827946/

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of tells you what are playoff chances are when you see stories about our futures when there are still ten games left in the regular season. :titanic:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard