2014 Arizona Basketball

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
We're tied 27-27 at the end of the first half. Ashley hitting some critical shots to keep us in this while the rest of our offense looks a bit disorganized.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy hell!

Really tough win against Gonzaga in OT.

BEAR DOWN!

I had to laugh at Dakich doing the commentary. He kept saying over and over what a good coach Few is while constantly pointing out the stupid stuff Few did. He played Sabonis way too much, it was the key to the game, Ashley killing him on offense.

UA did a great job stopping Pangos, Few went to the pick and pop with Wiltjer, so Miller put Rondae on Pangos, and Few never adjusted. Just have Tarc's man set the ball screen instead of AShley so UA can't switch all the screens.

And at the end he had Karnowski on the bench who'd been so huge.

Miller badly outcoached Few.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If ever this team could learn how to hit its shots to start games, it could be the best in the nation. Defense only allowed 63 points in OT to a team that scores on average 91 ppg.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
We play Utah Valley in about an hour. Realistically, anything but a win by at least 15 points should be seen as disappointing.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
We're leading 36-25 against a sluggish Michigan at HT.

BEAR DOWN!

EDIT:

Final score: 80-53. To be fair, Michigan has been awful this year.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
Michigan is bad, but Arizona played its best game of the season by far.

Zona Zoo went hard at Michigan with chants of "NJIT" and "Rich Rodriguez."

BTW--how much does Michigan athletics suck right now?

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The UofA has been ranked in the top-5 for 24 consecutive weeks after being ranked #3 this week.

TJ

Reaction score
First two true road games of the season coming up. Will be good tests and preparation for conference play. We've played two really good games in a row.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Offense looks to be coming together.

I love PJC. So excited for him next 3 years. Perfect backup right now.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
Offense looks to be coming together.

I love PJC. So excited for him next 3 years. Perfect backup right now.

Actually, it's funny you say that. I was at this season's Red-Blue Game and I immediately wrote the kid off. As the season progresses, I'm beginning to rethink my original position. :D

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Y'all look like the third best team in the country and then there's a wide gap behind UK-DUKE-AZ then everyone else. The offense is becoming more fluid with Stanley heating up and you could make the argument that their backup PG and C are better scorers than TJ and Tarczewski.

The wing trio of Trier-Simon-Smith is lethal. Arizona will be an offensive juggernaut like Lute's teams. Comanche is an excellent developmental big man who could blow up in two years as well.

TJ

Reaction score
We wouldn't have won the game if UTEP's best player fouled out. Awful execution.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
We wouldn't have won the game if UTEP's best player fouled out. Awful execution.

I have no idea what happened. The first five minutes of the game were magnificent. Right after a couple sloppy turnovers, we totally deflated and let UTEP run the game. I hope we never have to see our boys play that poorly again.

TJ

Reaction score
The officiating was atrocious.

Hard to complain about the officials when they fouled out UTEP's best player with 8 min left.

We almost lost because we allowed 13 offensive rebounds, couldn't adjust to Floyd's 9000 defensive packages, and couldn't hit free throws.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Rebounding definitely not what it was last year. Missing AG on that and him and Nick's athleticism in the open court. Not getting many easy looks.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think UCLA could of embarrassed themselves any more today. Thankfully Alford got an extension. :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think UCLA could of embarrassed themselves any more today. Thankfully Alford got an extension. :)

UCLA has got some talent on their roster, they can't be overlooked. They always play hard against UA even though they struggle with out of conference schedule.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
The rebounding and defense are a notch below last year but I would make the case we are in MUCH better hands offensively and will be throughout the year.

We finally have a elite create of the dribble guy with size in Stanley and no PG drop off when TJ comes off floor. Stanley is the key. He and Okafor will both be freshmans on the All American team at end of year IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think anybody is going to stop UK from getting the 9th title this year unless they have more injuries.

They're just loaded.

That was a ridiculous game though, talk about shell shocked.

I think Duke is the only team that has a chance only because they have a great big and they have a bunch of guys who can make 3's, but their depth isn't nearly what UK's is

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard