2011 Diamondbacks Thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
6-0. Another solid show by the Snakes tonight. Huddy brought it and timely hits were plenty. Getting a good vibe from these guys.

They only had 7 total hits, and 3 were from Roberts! They got the W, but they need to find a way to be more consistent on offense.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
They only had 7 total hits, and 3 were from Roberts! They got the W, but they need to find a way to be more consistent on offense.

Their hitting woes contine. 10 hits today, 2 by Saunders... More importantly, CY goes hitless again and never got on base... The guy is hitting sub .215 and had an on base % of .250, and he's our lead off solution... :bang:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Their hitting woes contine. 10 hits today, 2 by Saunders... More importantly, CY goes hitless again and never got on base... The guy is hitting sub .215 and had an on base % of .250, and he's our lead off solution... :bang:
:( I had my time to gloat last year, but this is getting frustrating now. I still love the guy, but he really has to pick it up.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It was painful to watch Young take a called third strike right down the middle to end the game today.

Kirk Gibson has been around a long time. How can he not see that Chris Young, despite his speed, is not a leadoff hitter? Especially since he has seen it not work for managers before him as well.

The guy hits popups and, every once in awhile, does something good. But it is haphazard. He has no control of the situation.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
wow. Collmenter pitched very well tonight, and the bullpen is putting together a VERY solid season. we need to start hitting with RISP and this team could be over .500

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great comeback win for the Diamondbacks as they beat the Braves 5-4 in eleven. Kelly Johnson came up big in the 11th to tie the game and Upton with the winning infield hit. Heilman got the win but he still stinks. Also, I really hope Gibson keeps Parra in left and doesn't sit him for Bloomquist.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Great comeback win for the Diamondbacks as they beat the Braves 5-4 in eleven. Kelly Johnson came up big in the 11th to tie the game and Upton with the winning infield hit. Heilman got the win but he still stinks. Also, I really hope Gibson keeps Parra in left and doesn't sit him for Bloomquist.

I think they should put Bloomquist at first. Can't be any worse than the Carolina League crew they've been running out there.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they should put Bloomquist at first. Can't be any worse than the Carolina League crew they've been running out there.

Bloomquist is not the answer. He is too small to play first and if you look at his career numbers, they're not too good. He is more valuable as a role player. I hope they get rid of Miranda and Branyan and call up Allen and give him a shot. They need to give Brandon a shot. Let him play every day and they most likely will get better production than they have from the other three.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Also, I really hope Gibson keeps Parra in left and doesn't sit him for Bloomquist.
Parra has earned that, both with his bat and giving us one of the best defensive outfields in baseball, especially when Upton concentrates in RF.

I like what Roberts has been doing and did tonight -- involved in so much of the scoring, one way or the other.

It reminds me when my favorite D'back of all time, Craig Counsell, worked his way into an everyday player and eventually took over the leadoff position from Tony Womack and all of his popups (for his three home runs a year).

Ryan Roberts has become the kind of player who makes everyone in the lineup better. I hope this "Who's batting leadoff today?" approach results in him taking the job permanently.

It's not only been Who's On First, but Who's Up First?

But, alas, Young will probably be back batting leadoff and trying to start rallies following the pitcher's spot, while hitting his Womack popups and batting -- let's see, is he in the .190's yet? No, he's at .218. Leadoff. Harumph!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
If it holds up after tonight's game, we have the second highest batting average in our division, ahead of the Giants and Rockies. :D With how bad we've been, that's very surprising.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 2-1 and have won 3 in a row. Great outting by Collmenter and big hits by Young(homer) and Miranda.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I were at the game tonight. Wish they'd have left Kennedy in longer. Hernandez was on the cover of the D-Backs free program - maybe it was like the SI curse because he let the Twins get close again. Paterson came in and closed it out well though.

Attendance is sad. 27,450 on a beautiful Friday night and plenty of those were Twins fans.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome moment at the game...

They played a tribute to Harmon Killebrew up on the big board and everyone in the place stood and gave Harmon a standing ovation. Literally clapped through the entire video. Lots of his family and friends were in attendance as well.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome moment at the game...

They played a tribute to Harmon Killebrew up on the big board and everyone in the place stood and gave Harmon a standing ovation. Literally clapped through the entire video. Lots of his family and friends were in attendance as well.

That was cool!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wife and I were at the game tonight. Wish they'd have left Kennedy in longer. Hernandez was on the cover of the D-Backs free program - maybe it was like the SI curse because he let the Twins get close again. Paterson came in and closed it out well though.

Attendance is sad. 27,450 on a beautiful Friday night and plenty of those were Twins fans.

When they brought in Heilman, I knew bad things were going to happen. I just hope Gibson only uses him when they are up by over 7 runs or down 7 runs.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Took my girls to the game tonight and a couple of their cousins. Man WHAT A GAME to take my kids to!

It was amazing because after that meltdown in the 8th I was disgusted. Honestly that might have been the worst defensive play I've seen in the Majors. The kids were getting restless so we almost left but I wanted to be a good example so I told the kids:

"You just dont walk out on your team when their down 1 with 2 innings left to bat."

So we sat there and watched the rest of the top of the 8th.

Then the Dbacks scored 6 including a grand slam. I have never even been in attendance for a grand slam much less the kids! It was so freaking awesome, my kids and my nieces and nephews were freaking out. Then Putz came in and closed it out, it was a beautiful thing.

Theres no way the Dbacks from last year come back to win that game. In my mind this game was the official NAIL IN THE COFFIN for the memory of last years team. The Dbacks are hot, and for those who are putting it off, go out to Chase field, it's a FREAKING BLASTY BLAST! (as my nephew said) lol

When Johnson stepped into the box with bases loaded my daughter said; "What if he hits a homerun?"

The curmudgeon who was sitting behind us answered; "Jonson sucks, he's not gonna hit a homerun." He was pretty buzzed by then so I just gave him the evil (Dont talk to my kid again *****) look,,,, and then Johnson PARKED THE GRAND SLAM. It was such a fun moment, fun game, great times in Chase field!

So much fun. I love live baseball! It wasn't the playoffs or the world series and this team may still be average, but it was an amazing game that felt more important than it was. Thanks Dbacks for giving me and my kids a memory that will last a lifetime.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top of the 8th pissed me off so much we left...

:bang:

Great comeback!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The strike em out throw em out to end the Dbacks 4th was unbelievable. Runnners on first and second and the ump calls a 2-3 strike on a ball that was CLEARLY a foot outside.

Totally killed a potential big rally. The umps really seem to have it in for Montero.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Young robs Ty Wiggington of a game-tying homer in the bottom of the 8th. Diamondbacks are up 2-1 in the top of the 9th.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 2-1!!! Kennedy was nails again and Putz with another save. Nice to have a closer. MVP goes to Young for that great catch.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Picture of the catch.
You must be registered for see images