2010 South Africa World Cup: GROUP E: Who Moves On?

Which TWO teams will move on?

• Total voters

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Netherlands
Why they move on: Fantastic, experienced midfield and forward play.
Why they wont: Defensive collapse.

Denmark
Why they move on: Nicklaus Bendtner has already tallied 11 international goals and is only 22.
Why they wont: Defense might not be enough to stop Cameroon or the Maquina Naranja.

Japan
Why they move on: Major collapse from Cameroon or Denmark.
Why they wont: Non-host nation, does not have enough talent to match the rest of the group.

Cameroon
Why they move on: Top 5 striker in the world, Samuel Eto'o has been phenomenal in international competition, 43 goals in 92 caps.
Why they wont: Competition from the Danes.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Dutch & Japan. I just have a feeling Japan is going to match up very well with both the Danes & Cameroon, they don't have a lot of flair but are very disciplined...they are my surprise team to advance.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bold call. Id pick the Japanese if they were paired with a less athletic group, but Cameroon and the Danes will run them out of the stadium.

jerry

Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here and go with Denmark and Cameroon and say that the Netherlands will fumble.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here and go with Denmark and Cameroon and say that the Netherlands will fumble.
Wager!

I heard that it will be "winter" in South Africa. For some reason, I think that translates into success for Neth.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Netherlands are too good, they're a great tournament team and there is no way they lose out in the group stages of the World Cup.

Cameroon vs. Denmark, though... That's going to be an interesting race for the 2nd spot, even though I think Cameroon will do it since they have one of the top 5 strikers in the world.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Dutch & Japan. I just have a feeling Japan is going to match up very well with both the Danes & Cameroon, they don't have a lot of flair but are very disciplined...they are my surprise team to advance.

So far looking good here.