2010 South Africa World Cup: GROUP A: Who Moves On?

Which TWO teams will move on?

• Total voters

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alright, World Cup will be here in about 60 days. I figured we can do a "mock" bracket, similar to what joeshmo did on the Cards board. We'll try and move to the group stage as quickly as possible. First teams to get ten votes will move on.

[EDIT: Teams who receive 5 votes will move on. Taking quite a bit to get to 10]

You must be registered for see images attach

South Africa
Why they move on: Host nation almost always moves on.
Why they wont: They are without a doubt, the least talented team in the cup.

You must be registered for see images

Mexico
Why they move on: Talented mix of young players and veterans with world-class experience.
Why they wont: Most of the impact players are under 22.

You must be registered for see images

Uruguay
Why they move on: One of the best striking duos in the world cup, Forlan/Suarez.
Why they wont: Struggled in qualification vs weaker teams, offense doesn't play as well for NT as they do for club.

You must be registered for see images attach

France
Why they move on: One of the most talented teams in the world cup. Great veterans, great young talent.
Why they wont: Similar to Argentina, this team is very talented, but has not been able to translate to on-field results.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The 2 best teams in the group are France & Mexico but South Africa being the host nation could surprise and advance. No host nation has ever failed to get out of the group stage, but I just don't think South Africa is that good. If South Africa wins the opener against Mexico then they will advance and Mexico will have a tough road as it will come down to them and France.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
France then take your pick.

Mexico are a tourney team, Uruguay are decent and the home nation always does well (even when not fancied) - My Pick is Uruguay though :shrug: