15 thoughts - Seahawks game

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team has some have that Seattle voodoo going on....

Its just crazy who things have eased into place, from coming out on top of the seahawks in primetime right before a bye week, the development of the head coach and uber talented qb.

Mystical stuff with this team. Wouldn't be surprised in how far we go.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
If DK doesn’t make a play on Simmons after his pick he would have housed it. DK saved two TDs on offense, playing defense. Or whatever.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is a difference of stating fact and opinion to flatly "guarantee" implies fact not opinion.

Yes, there is, and obviously none of us know when the difference is there. Like in your post that I answered to, you clearly state that an opinion does not matter if you don’t have access to all teams’ draft boards. Is that an opinion or a fact?

He wasn’t the number 1 guy mostly due to his lack of production in college, durability concerns and poor testing in the agility drills

Is that an opinion or a fact?

I personally think you are right, but my point is that none of us know, and that we all get affected by media guys – who don’t know either.

By the way, Zeno, I always appreciate your views a lot, so this is not meant as a criticism.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
5 Baker played wonderfully, but the comparison to Wilson is primarily misplaced, though both were on the small side. Wilson is credited with my originating the safety blitz. He wasn’t a super speedster like Baker, though he had speed. He was best at pass defense and coverage. One season he intercepted 10 passes including one in seven straight games. For his career he intercepted 52 passes & recovered 14 fumbles. He hardly ever came up to the line unless blitzing, which he did with a last minute burst. He was a better tackler than Baker, though Baker is improving. Still, Baker has a long career ahead, he could be better one day.

Thank you for the story, Harry! I was not trying to compare them, but hear if it brought up memories of the same kind of playmaker (though different types), so it was great reading about it.

He had seven games in a row with an interception?! Wow!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yes, there is, and obviously none of us know when the difference is there. Like in your post that I answered to, you clearly state that an opinion does not matter if you don’t have access to all teams’ draft boards. Is that an opinion or a fact?

Is that an opinion or a fact?

I personally think you are right, but my point is that none of us know, and that we all get affected by media guys – who don’t know either.

It is a fact hat Metcalf wasn't the consensus #1 WR, there were 8 WRs taken before him...that is indisputable. If he was the "consensus" #1 WR then that wouldn't have been the case.

Also when someone says no team outside of Keim and Kliff had Metcalf rated higher than Isabella there is absolutely no way you can state that as a fact unless you had access to other teams war room. I am no Keim fan, I think he is a middling GM and below average at drafting but I doubt this was the only organization to have Isabella above Metcalf, do I know that for a fact, nope because I also don't have NFL insider access.

Now if you said I wouldn't have drafted Isabella over Metcalf or Kiper had Metcalf rated higher than Isabella--then OK.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I think my biggest takeaway from the game was that the Cardinals are getting some in season personnel upgrades, which most teams do not get, most of the time injuries cause a roster to get worse.

Justin Murray has been a sizeable upgrade over Sweezy

Chase Edmonds will likely be an upgrade over Drake in a bigger role.

Reddick's role expanding and him having a career year.

It is rare to get upgrades from within your own team in season like this.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think my biggest takeaway from the game was that the Cardinals are getting some in season personnel upgrades, which most teams do not get, most of the time injuries cause a roster to get worse.

Justin Murray has been a sizeable upgrade over Sweezy

Chase Edmonds will likely be an upgrade over Drake in a bigger role.

Reddick's role expanding and him having a career year.

It is rare to get upgrades from within your own team in season like this.

Great points! I had not thought about it that way, and you are absolutely right.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Great points! I had not thought about it that way, and you are absolutely right.

Most teams get worse as the season goes along.

The fact that the Cardinals have improved in a couple of spots is a unique advantage.

Imagine if they can carve a role out for Simmons to actually contribute consistently.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most teams get worse as the season goes along.

The fact that the Cardinals have improved in a couple of spots is a unique advantage.

Imagine if they can carve a role out for Simmons to actually contribute consistently.

And don't forget about important pieces like Jalen Thompson at safety and Maxx Williams at tight end.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gandhi, another good job. Unfortunately, CardLogic used almost all of my ammo. I'll add this:
Larry Wilson, different time, as now the players are bigger and faster. But BB seems like a LW type.

DK Metcalf, I remember at the time of the Draft that questions were raised about him, though I don't remember the specifics. But, as they say, "There is no sight, like hindsight".

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Gandhi, another good job. Unfortunately, CardLogic used almost all of my ammo. I'll add this:
Larry Wilson, different time, as now the players are bigger and faster. But BB seems like a LW type.

DK Metcalf, I remember at the time of the Draft that questions were raised about him, though I don't remember the specifics. But, as they say, "There is no sight, like hindsight".
There were questions about his hands, college production and route running. Of course there will be people now to say I told you so because he was such a physical specimen coming into the draft, but there were real reasons to question how good he would be in the NFL.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were questions about his hands, college production and route running. Of course there will be people now to say I told you so because he was such a physical specimen coming into the draft, but there were real reasons to question how good he would be in the NFL.

And the proof to that is he fell until the late 2nd rd. Team after team passed on him because of what you posted and because his change of direction #'s were weak.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, I still don't understand how you take Andy Freakin Isabella when Metcalf, the consensus #1 WR in the draft is still on the board.

I think Kiems problem is he uses his imagination visualizing how he hopes a player will become. Instead of sticking with the facts, he dreams up scenarios.

He did score a hit however dreaming of what a combination of a losing college coach and a short QB could produce for us. Most GMs would have probably considered that more of a nightmare. Even if Kiems dreaming sometimes works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Garth, you are certainly right on this, but I do want to underline that I am not speculating based on what Metcalf has done in the NFL, but rather what was the thought on him going into the draft. Kingsbury’s statement that Metcalf is a monster makes me wonder. He has obviously felt that Isabella was a better fit, but his praise of Metcalf just seems weird to me – especially due to how Metcalf was used at Ole Miss, which was not much different than how Isabella is being used now.

My thinking is based on that the 2019 draft is such a short time ago. Neither Andy Isabella nor Metcalf has changed much already since their college days, so I am just going to suppose that Kingsbury’s evaluation of Metcalf has not changed much either.

I do think both CardsSunsDbacks and SissyBoyFloyd has explained it well right underneath your post in that there were questions about Melcalf out of Ole Miss, but there were certainly questions about Isabella as well, and for all we know, the Cards’ brain trust might not have had any of those question marks. Or they might have had with both. We don’t know.

What I am almost sure of, though, is that Kingsbury was heavenly involved in this selection, simply judged by his reaction after the pick, where he seemed thrilled. That is why it is his evaluation I wonder about, and not something Keim has said. I am not willing to give Keim as pass on this, but it seems obvious to me, based on the players selected, that draft was all about giving Kingsbury the weapons he wanted for his offense.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can't get too giddy about a game we won while giving up 572 yards in offense to the SeaTurkeys.

Don't get me wrong---I loved the win but we could have easily been on the wrong end of the score and our bye-week would have been a huge downer---with the forum full of handwringing and fire VJ. We'd be organizing a hanging party for the coaching staff for icing the FG because the time clock was running down.

Luck was on our side this time around. Got to find some way to generate a pass rush---SeaTurkey OL is nothing to write home about but they shut us out until the very end of the game sackwise.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't get too giddy about a game we won while giving up 572 yards in offense to the SeaTurkeys.

Don't get me wrong---I loved the win but we could have easily been on the wrong end of the score and our bye-week would have been a huge downer---with the forum full of handwringing and fire VJ. We'd be organizing a hanging party for the coaching staff for icing the FG because the time clock was running down.

Luck was on our side this time around. Got to find some way to generate a pass rush---SeaTurkey OL is nothing to write home about but they shut us out until the very end of the game sackwise.
Totally disagree. This is today’s NFL. You have to have the ability to put up 35-40 points a game.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Totally disagree. This is today’s NFL. You have to have the ability to put up 35-40 points a game.

You want your Offense to have the ability to put up 35-40 points a game. What you don't want is a Defense that has the ability to give up 35-40 points a game.

Garthshort has a good point regarding the improved pass rush. Golden was a high-energy guy when he was here and hopefully, he brings that same passion this time around. Great to see Reddick having some success---he should sue the Cards coaching staff for the way they tried to fit him somewhere different than his college-career position. His college coaches just might have known where to use him best. Heaven knows Reddick got slapped over by this forum for being a bust.

Ditto on how to use Simmons---Cards staff should ask him where he feels most comfortable. I know the Cards see him developing into a ILB---but what if he has more to offer at safety even though ILB may be a higher profile need?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson