15 thoughts - Redskins game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, that was embarrassing.

1 – What a great offense and offensive gameplan the Redskins had. It was exactly like my favorite offense. Sharp, surgical, time-consuming, dominant. Sometimes you must give the opponent a lot of credit as well.

2 – So, who wagered that Josh Rosen would start by week 6 or sooner? Any of you want to stand pat or change your prediction to sooner than that?

3 – Good to see Nkemdiche flash on several plays. Not that he was great, but I guess it is at least a step in the right direction.

4 – I understand the thinking behind taking the ball first if you win the coin toss, but I like that Wilks defers. It’s just a personal preference of mine.

5 – Maybe the national media wasn’t so crazy to project 5-11 for the Cardinals after all, huh?

6 – The Redskins converted 6 of 13 third downs. The Cardinals converted 1 of 8. The Redskins converted 1 out of 1 fourth down. The Cardinals converted 0 out of 1 fourth down. That’s not good if you were wondering.

7 – Holy cow, Jay Gruden and Greg Manusky took Steve Wilks, Al Holcomb and Mike McCoy to school.

8 – Andy Lee might have been the best player from the Cardinals in the game. He is excellent, and don’t ever underestimate a punters influence on a game.

9 – When did you get that strong feeling that they were going to lose the game? When Adrian Peterson looked great on his first two carries, reminding everyone of the Tampa Bay game last year? When the Redskins got up 14 points with four minutes to go in the second quarter? Halftime? Surely not later than that?

10 – With the overall performance yesterday, and how most on the team played badly, you can’t really say that Steve Wilks’ claim that the offensive line is the strength of this team have been proven wrong yet but based on that performance it would certainly signal a very long season if it turned out to be true.

11 – Well, of the 78 plays on defense Haason Reddick was in on 14 of them. Geeez.

12 – They said on the television that Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians lost their coaching debut with the Cardinals as well, and one of them lead the team to a Super Bowl and the other has the most wins in team history, so I guess that’s a bit of a comforting thought.

13 – So John Brown had three catches for 44 yards and a touchdown on four targets. Use that information however you like.

14 – Chandler Jones is still a monster. Did you know that over the last three seasons, Chandler Jones has made more sacks and more tackles for loss than both Von Miller and Khalil Mack? Probably even without as much help from the rest of the defensive line as the two others.

15 – The sky it not falling yet, but after they have lost in Los Angeles next week, they absolutely must beat Chicago and Seattle at home or it could get really ugly in a hurry.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think you'd start Rosen until after the bye week in the best of circumstances. KC, OAK, LAC and Green Bay isn't a murderer's row of defenses to start your career against. I don't want Rosen starting against the Vikings, in any case.

I'd like to hear it form the people who were there, but the announcers on TV were continually talking about how quiet the stadium was. I can't argue with the fans voting with their voices.

The game was over for me at the end of the second when Washington scored their 3rd TD. Even if they'd made a field goal the game would be over. There's no chance this team is coming back from three scores down.

I don't know how you talk over and over about committing to stopping the run and then put out a showing like that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'd start Rosen until after the bye week in the best of circumstances. KC, OAK, LAC and Green Bay isn't a murderer's row of defenses to start your career against. I don't want Rosen starting against the Vikings, in any case.

I'd like to hear it form the people who were there, but the announcers on TV were continually talking about how quiet the stadium was. I can't argue with the fans voting with their voices.

The game was over for me at the end of the second when Washington scored their 3rd TD. Even if they'd made a field goal the game would be over. There's no chance this team is coming back from three scores down.

I don't know how you talk over and over about committing to stopping the run and then put out a showing like that.

the crowd was quiet because there was nothing to cheer for.

i don't know that I've ever been to a gaffe where 21-0 felt like 56-0 like yesterday's. That was atrocious.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This game was so bad it was the only one Football Outsiders didn't write about. They followed the Titans-Dolphins game!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This team may start the season 0-7 or 1-6. If they they go 0-4 to start Rosen will 100% play the rest of the season. If they start 1-3, I think he starts after 10 or 11 games. If they go 2-3 or better, I see Bradford starting as long as his body holds up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the crowd was quiet because there was nothing to cheer for.

i don't know that I've ever been to a gaffe where 21-0 felt like 56-0 like yesterday's. That was atrocious.

I thought the crowd got loud early in the game and for most of the first half. But yeah I agree with 21-0 felt like 56-0. Wasn't much to cheer for after endlessly long scoring drives. It felt like death by a thousand cuts.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Bradford makes it through the game. D.J. will be lucky to match this weeks sad numbers. Fitz will catch at least 1 pass for 3 yards.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I guess you are right about that, Kerouac, and also the week after that Von Miller and Bradley Chubb comes to town. On the other hand, can you make the argument that if Rosen it as good as we all hope, then starting him would increase the chances of actually beat those defenses? I don’t know. The supporting cast must play better as well.

I think it might even have been after their second touchdown for me just because they had been so dominant. Obviously, you never know what will happen for example on special teams, but it just seemed to me that all momentum went their way.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team may start the season 0-7 or 1-6.

I agree. I could see them beat Seattle in a couple of weeks, though the two teams have won at the others home field for the last couple of years, and this is in Arizona. Then they have the Niners two times before the bye, so I guess two or maybe even three wins is not completely unrealistic. Not that I believe in it, though.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This team may start the season 0-7 or 1-6. If they they go 0-4 to start Rosen will 100% play the rest of the season. If they start 1-3, I think he starts after 10 or 11 games. If they go 2-3 or better, I see Bradford starting as long as his body holds up.
Well, I guess it was the first sentence...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard