15 thoughts - Falcons game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Last year, after six games, the Cards had managed 13 scoring drives. This year, after six games, they have managed 28 scoring drives.

2 – It is gold that the offensive line can play together for an extended period of time. Don’t ever underestimate the importance of continuity. In fact, that alone could make me think twice about acquiring some stud offensive lineman like Trent Williams, Jack Conklin or others.

3 – I really, really like the black jersey. I wish they would play in them every game. Of course, that would mean a serious amount of replacements of red jerseys among the fans, but that would be the organizations problem.

4 – Kind of ironic how there is so many young players in the secondary, yet all six opponents has often exploited the veteran Tramaine Brock when trying to go for big plays.

5 – Good Game Gunter, as they say.

6 – About that Kyler-guy?
You must be registered for see images attach

7 – If Chase Edmonds can keep playing this well it would be great for David Johnson, since that would take some of the workload away from him.

8 – There is a lot of young players playing in the secondary, and it certainly shows at times, but they sure can tackle.

9 – Did you notice how Zane Gonzalez kicked all his kick to the left after missing relatively many kicks the last two games to the right?

10 – Man, Kingsbury sure wears a tight shirt, doesn’t he? Every time. That has to be at least one size too small, if not two.

11 – Did you see how Fitzgerald tackled Maxx Williams after his touchdown?

12 – That’s the second game in a row where Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones has been almost completely neutralized. In all fairness, they did make a big play on the Falcons’ next to last drive, though.

13 - Wide receiver coach David Raih is always standing right next to Kingsbury on the sideline. As in always. I wonder if there is a reason. Maybe he has some input on the play call.

14 – Good game by J.R. Sweezy and Justin Pugh – A.Q. Shipley is a problem on the interior offensive line.

15 – It is not that unrealistic to imagine a secondary next week consisting only of the Peterson´s and the Thompson´s on some plays.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we could draft Thomas or Wirfs with our first round pick, and move Humphries to RT, that would upgrade two positions.
Use our substantial cap room to lure in a high quality center, and boom!
Spend the rest of the coming offseason on a NT and ILB.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could draft Thomas or Wirfs with our first round pick, and move Humphries to RT, that would upgrade two positions.
I agree, and Humphries has improved over the last couple of seasons, but I shudder to remember how bad he was on the right side when Arians played him there.

...dave

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Humphries is a free agent and will have to be paid, eating into that cap money. And he probably doesn’t want to play RT, which is the lesser paid of the two.

Also, signing a “quality center” means completely giving up on last year’s 3rd round pick. Which would just make Keim’s record more laughable.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Gandhi I dont think I would take murphy off the field ever for #15. If anything, the young peterson would be #3.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
3 – I really, really like the black jersey. I wish they would play in them every game.

NFL recently relaxed rule on number of times that teams can wear their alternate jerseys. That said, I think the cap is now 3 times.

4 – Kind of ironic how there is so many young players in the secondary, yet all six opponents has often exploited the veteran Tramaine Brock when trying to go for big plays.

Brock was in on all but one play on Defense this week, after having his usage drop to 63% last game. The Thompson Twins snap counts both dropped to about 50% this game after both seeing their most play time last week. Curious to see how the game time adjusts with PP coming back this week.

12 – That’s the second game in a row where Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones has been almost completely neutralized.
Chandler's snap counts have remained consistent all season, whereas Terrell dropped under 50% against the Falcons, his lowest usage this season. Is this a sign the coaches are trying to rest him more due to lack of noticeable production? Another area to keep an eye on whether this becomes a new normal for him.

13 - Wide receiver coach David Raih is always standing right next to Kingsbury on the sideline.
I've been wondering who that guy is.... great hair. Interesting Bio, looks like they've been close for awhile.

Go Cards!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Humphries is a free agent and will have to be paid, eating into that cap money. And he probably doesn’t want to play RT, which is the lesser paid of the two.

Also, signing a “quality center” means completely giving up on last year’s 3rd round pick. Which would just make Keim’s record more laughable.

Humphries will get paid by the Cardinals or some other NFL team. He's a good player that hasn't stayed healthy.

Even if the Cardinals pay Humphries and Fitz, they will still have a dragon's hoard of money to spend. It's a good problem to have.

I would say if it's not broken, don't fix it. Go with Cole or maybe Gaillard. Draft of sign a quality RT, but then again, Murray hasn't been terrible at RT. I said in another thread, the offensive line has actually been pretty good. The reason Murray has been free of sacks the past two weeks is because Murray has become better at handling the pass rush.

The Cardinals are more exciting that they have been in years. You have to go back to the 13-3 season to match or exceed this years excitement. They can really move the ball on offense, and you can see a clear path to this team being a playoff contender in the future. It will really come down to this coming draft and free agent class. The Cardinals need probably two front seven players. A safety or LB who can match with TEs. A RT or another good OL. And a true #1 receiver. I think the Cardinals should go receiver in the first round.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
David Raih stands there to get the playcall from Kingsbury so he can get the correct WR's on the field.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
#14, if you're correct about Shipley and he's still starting, it doesn't say much for Cole. And Gaillard, even though he's been injured.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Humphrey’s is not a right tackle. I’m not sure why people are struggling so hard to grasp this.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That is right. I meant for this season only. I think you are right that the line needs upgrade for next season, and the future.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
@Gandhi I dont think I would take murphy off the field ever for #15. If anything, the young peterson would be #3.

No, not at all. I wrote “on some plays” for the same reason. Usually they have five or six defensive backs on the field at the same time, and I think you could argue that Murphy has been their best one, so taking him off the field on many plays would be weird.