15 thoughts - draft

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any takers for this....

I will donate my share for a billboard on I-10 and Warner exit to show this image. Bidwill needs to see this team is the worst in NFL when it comes to drafting under Keim.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

As it seems that you have money to waste, you can pick up my share too. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Keim's charts have been terrible. We tend to have a proximity bias where we only are aware of what Keim does. Every GM's drafts suck, if you're looking for a player to come out of every pick. I'd say Keim's drafts have been fairly average except in the first round where he hasn't come through with a whole lot of guaranteed players.

But that isn't the assumption being discussed here or anywhere else. The general measure is whether one team's draft picks are generating more value (by whatever metric you like) than another team's (or the league average) over time.

Here's an analysis from last season that also puts Keim in the bottom five of the NFL in pretty much every metric.

Even if you're right, and Keim is just an average GM "except in the first round", I don't know why you'd settle for that. The Cards will always be below average in that case.

tnmike

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any takers for this....

I will donate my share for a billboard on I-10 and Warner exit to show this image. Bidwill needs to see this team is the worst in NFL when it comes to drafting under Keim.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Any extra money I spend will be on something constructive, like giving to a good charity.