15 thoughts - black Monday

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – With this much smoke, rumors and indications, I think it is fair to say that it is more than just a flirt between Sean Payton and the Cardinals.

And it seems a little like a variation of Stockholm Syndrome if you don’t want that.

2 – Depression level from “heart rate 40 to full-blown panic” if they don’t kick Kingsbury out? I’d go with “constant tics” for me.

3 – I heard a theory that Hard Knocks might have played a role in Michael Bidwill not reacting to Keim and Kingsbury’s horror presentation in-season. Not that he got pressed from outside, but because it would be a really bad showing for the organization.

4 – My problem with promoting a living legend like Adrian Wilson to a high-profile position is that what if he screws up? That is always why I don’t like such moves. What would it do to my own perception of him, or to his overall reputation? Suddenly he wouldn’t only be remembered for his contributions on-field. Sure, he could be a success, and everything would be good, but he could also fail.

5 – We have all dreamt of losing the last several games, right? Sometimes you must win by losing.

6 – For some reason I have never liked Jim Harbaugh, but the guy can certainly coach. That’s not at all a problem with me, though. Feelings are overrated anyway. Bring him in.

7 – Keep in mind how it has become trendy to focus on offset language in contracts. Kingsbury would surely get a new job in college if fired, and it is very likely there is offset language in his contract, meaning that a new team would pay the reminder of his salary. It would make it a calculated risk for Bidwill to fire him.

8 – Coordinator-turning-head coach wishlist includes Shane Steichen (Eagles OC), Kellen Moore (Cowboys OC), DeMeco Ryans (49ers DC), Raheem Morris (Rams DC).

9 – I have no doubt that special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers would be a consideration if Kingsbury is fired. Rodgers seems very liked within the organization – both with players and personnel guys, and let’s not fall into the trap to think that you must have success on the field as either defensive- or offensive coordinator to be a good head coach. Also, keep in mind that Rodgers was one of the very few (the only?) that they kept from Wilks’ staff.

10 – Quentin Harris is ready to become a GM. I strongly hope they will hire from outside, but still; they could do worse than Harris.

11 – If they hire Payton, he will probably bring his sidekick from the Saints days, Dennis Allen (soon to be fired HC in New Orleans), to control the defense, as well as his buddy Jeff Ireland (assistant GM) to run the personnel department.

12 – I have never wanted Keim fired for his ability as a GM, but strongly for his DUI. I don’t care if he can build a team as long as he chooses to put other people’s life at risk. However, you don’t joke with illness. Show that you are the bigger man and wish him a successful recovery. I do.

13 – David Shaw anyone?

14 – It always cracks me up when posters write variations of “X will never choose the Cardinals” or “Cardinals is not at all attractive enough.” Are those people not aware that there are 32 of those jobs on the planet? For almost every coach, being the head coach of an NFL team is a dream. Each year, many popular coaches in hiring circles are never heard from again after they get turned down. This is right now and right here. You cannot be sure of getting more chances. Sure, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, and yes, Sean Payton, and the likes, can choose their destination, but how many are we talking about? All the others would run to become the head coach of the Cardinals.

And why an experienced hotshot could be convinced to go to the Cards? Money, environment, basically choose his own GM and staff, relations to the organization, the possibility of bringing glory to an unsuccessful organization. I don’t know. I do know, however, that these peoples are in fact individuals, and as such don’t necessarily have the same thoughts and reasons for doing things. Haven’t you ever read about motivational theory?

15 – I like Louis Riddick for general manager. Yes, there are scares with TV personalities going to high ranked decision-making roles in the NFL, but there are also successes. And he has more than 10 years of experience in different team executive roles.

P.S. She said yes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1 – With this much smoke, rumors and indications, I think it is fair to say that it is more than just a flirt between Sean Payton and the Cardinals.

And it seems a little like a variation of Stockholm Syndrome if you don’t want that.

2 – Depression level from “heart rate 40 to full-blown panic” if they don’t kick Kingsbury out? I’d go with “constant tics” for me.

3 – I heard a theory that Hard Knocks might have played a role in Michael Bidwill not reacting to Keim and Kingsbury’s horror presentation in-season. Not that he got pressed from outside, but because it would be a really bad showing for the organization.

4 – My problem with promoting a living legend like Adrian Wilson to a high-profile position is that what if he screws up? That is always why I don’t like such moves. What would it do to my own perception of him, or to his overall reputation? Suddenly he wouldn’t only be remembered for his contributions on-field. Sure, he could be a success, and everything would be good, but he could also fail.

5 – We have all dreamt of losing the last several games, right? Sometimes you must win by losing.

6 – For some reason I have never liked Jim Harbaugh, but the guy can certainly coach. That’s not at all a problem with me, though. Feelings are overrated anyway. Bring him in.

7 – Keep in mind how it has become trendy to focus on offset language in contracts. Kingsbury would surely get a new job in college if fired, and it is very likely there is offset language in his contract, meaning that a new team would pay the reminder of his salary. It would make it a calculated risk for Bidwill to fire him.

8 – Coordinator-turning-head coach wishlist includes Shane Steichen (Eagles OC), Kellen Moore (Cowboys OC), DeMeco Ryans (49ers DC), Raheem Morris (Rams DC).

9 – I have no doubt that special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers would be a consideration if Kingsbury is fired. Rodgers seems very liked within the organization – both with players and personnel guys, and let’s not fall into the trap to think that you must have success on the field as either defensive- or offensive coordinator to be a good head coach. Also, keep in mind that Rodgers was one of the very few (the only?) that they kept from Wilks’ staff.

10 – Quentin Harris is ready to become a GM. I strongly hope they will hire from outside, but still; they could do worse than Harris.

11 – If they hire Payton, he will probably bring his sidekick from the Saints days, Dennis Allen (soon to be fired HC in New Orleans), to control the defense, as well as his buddy Jeff Ireland (assistant GM) to run the personnel department.

12 – I have never wanted Keim fired for his ability as a GM, but strongly for his DUI. I don’t care if he can build a team as long as he chooses to put other people’s life at risk. However, you don’t joke with illness. Show that you are the bigger man and wish him a successful recovery. I do.

13 – David Shaw anyone?

14 – It always cracks me up when posters write variations of “X will never choose the Cardinals” or “Cardinals is not at all attractive enough.” Are those people not aware that there are 32 of those jobs on the planet? For almost every coach, being the head coach of an NFL team is a dream. Each year, many popular coaches in hiring circles are never heard from again after they get turned down. This is right now and right here. You cannot be sure of getting more chances. Sure, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, and yes, Sean Payton, and the likes, can choose their destination, but how many are we talking about? All the others would run to become the head coach of the Cardinals.

And why an experienced hotshot could be convinced to go to the Cards? Money, environment, basically choose his own GM and staff, relations to the organization, the possibility of bringing glory to an unsuccessful organization. I don’t know. I do know, however, that these peoples are in fact individuals, and as such don’t necessarily have the same thoughts and reasons for doing things. Haven’t you ever read about motivational theory?

15 – I like Louis Riddick for general manager. Yes, there are scares with TV personalities going to high ranked decision-making roles in the NFL, but there are also successes. And he has more than 10 years of experience in different team executive roles.

P.S. She said yes.

#16 was the best. Congrats!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I'm sure there has been more than just kicking the tires at this point.

I'm okay if Kliff is fired along with Keim, however I do think he was done dirty by SK regarding the roster...and part of me wouldn't necessarily die if he was given a chance to coach under a strong GM. (Not a long leash, mind you, but a chance.)

I think this is a fair assessment. MB likes to keep things in house.

I think it would be the other dude (name is escaping me), not AW. I also think, because I've seen it in corporate jobs, that just because someone was mentored by the previous regime, they don't always follow in lock-step when given their chance to lead. Most want to put their own stamp on things, to stand out.

I never dream of the team losing nor root for it.

As stated before, he's an A-hole, but he'd be our A-hole and I'm fine with that.

Sometimes offset language doesn't apply to positions outside the NFL. He'd most likely need to get an OC or QB Coach gig with another NFL team (Rams, perhaps).

The only one of those 4 that remotely excites me is DeMeco Ryans. I think he's better than Saleh and it would be another blow to Shanny's staff.

Agreed.

See my #4 answer.

He's already got an agreement with Vic Fangio to DC, which is why some are saying the Denver scuttlebutt is nothing more than that. I don't think the Saints go 3 HC's in 3 years. They need a QB.

His time has come and gone as GM. It's obvious some of his recent (last 2-3 years) decision making has been clouded and now we pretty much know why.

13 – David Shaw anyone?
Meh...wouldn't hate it, but he's resisted for so long...he's kinda in the Kirk Ferentz group to me, now. Would have been great when they were flying high, but now it's questionable.

Agreed. Everyone has their price to make something look more attractive.

He doesn't scare me at all, because he was an actual personnel guy before going to TV.

P.S. She said yes.

Congrats!

Which halftime next year are you getting married? lol That would be the best ASFN halftime rollcall ever.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You got the YES, now the only other words yet to be said is I DO. Congratulations.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's already got an agreement with Vic Fangio to DC, which is why some are saying the Denver scuttlebutt is nothing more than that. I don't think the Saints go 3 HC's in 3 years. They need a QB.

That would be great, RIO! Since he and Harbaugh came from Stanford to the Niners, and Fangio's defense dominated, I have wanted him as the DC.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be great, RIO! Since he and Harbaugh came from Stanford to the Niners, and Fangio's defense dominated, I have wanted him as the DC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes! We are very happy, but we don't yet have a date. I will try to make it during a game, so I can live text from the aisle to a game thread. :D
You’re a glutton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am finding it difficult to suppress my desire for this to happen. And I know better. As a darksider I REALLY know better.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That seems like a dream duo, JF. Also a very expensive, though. Let's hope that mr. Bidwill is willing to pay.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, I think this will be Bidwill's biggest decision ever for the team. We will see just how committed to winning he really is. He has got to eat a lot of contracts first.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a dream duo, JF. Also a very expensive, though. Let's hope that mr. Bidwill is willing to pay.
We also have to hope that someone like Payton would choose a team with very little chance to be successful next year. I would think just about all of his other options would be better than the Cards.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We also have to hope that someone like Payton would choose a team with very little chance to be successful next year. I would think just about all of his other options would be better than the Cards.
I think it’s an interesting proposition for him. He wouldn’t have sky high expectations for his first year as this team is coming off a 4 win season and kyler would start the year not playing. That means he could likely put up a 7 win season and call it a successful year while he is reworking the roster and putting systems into place. Like taking over a playoff team or playoff hopeful where expectations would be really high.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s an interesting proposition for him. He wouldn’t have sky high expectations for his first year as this team is coming off a 4 win season and kyler would start the year not playing. That means he could likely put up a 7 win season and call it a successful year while he is reworking the roster and putting systems into place. Like taking over a playoff team or playoff hopeful where expectations would be really high.
That's a good point. Didn't think of it that way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He had absolutely no expectations taking over the Saints...and an injured QB. It's really a similar scenario on AZ, so I can see his appeal for the job.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A superstar HC with a superstar DC? Yeah I could go for that EVEN considering my hatred for Payton after Bountygate.
yeah.
IMO a good leader delegates then trusts his people to handle their ****. That in my mind is what happened in NO...
Probably isnt likely the truth but its what I tell myself to justify being okay with the hire... it was all greg williams and Payton was caught unaware.

Then I have to be honest with myself. when I played I was taught a specific job. Destroy the guy with the ball. Hit him so hard he doesnt want to play any more. The more guys you put on the sidelines the better chance your team has to win. Clean devastating hits win football games. Most of those bountygate hits were cleaner than we saw in average games in the 70's

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose