15 Horrifying Reasons to Never Let Anyone You Love Near a McDonald's

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
For your well being, I hope you are joking,but whatever.

Do me a favorite and don't EVER worry about my "well being". I am the one that judges upon that situation.

And I am not joking in the least bit with my answer.

If I am hungry and have little to no time to deal with it, I hit up McDonalds. You don't like it ? Well I don't care. You look down on me for it ? That is fine but I doubt you lack flaws of your own that others disagree with.

What would you do instead ? And remember you got a 5 minute time limit.

YOU are the one questioning what I eat. YOU are the one asking the question. Don't get all pompous and bent out of shape because I don't follow the suit of what you think is healthy.

Seriously, someone who is so liberal taking on this crusade about pushing your beliefs upon others on how they should eat is ridiculous and hypocritical.

And this take my ball and go home act is ridiculous. Not everyone agrees with this regulation of food, so get over it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest healthy eating suggestions:

Leverage time outside of lunch time. Pack a lunch in the morning or the night before.

-or-

Swing by a supermarket and grab a pre-made salad or sandwich or some fruit.

Jus' sayin' :)

:head2head:

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do me a favorite and don't EVER worry about my "well being". I am the one that judges upon that situation.

And I am not joking in the least bit with my answer.

If I am hungry and have little to no time to deal with it, I hit up McDonalds. You don't like it ? Well I don't care. You look down on me for it ? That is fine but I doubt you lack flaws of your own that others disagree with.

YOU are the one questioning what I eat. YOU are the one asking the question. Don't get all pompous and bent out of shape because I don't follow the suit of what you think is healthy.

Seriously, someone who is so liberal taking on this crusade about pushing your beliefs upon others on how they should eat is ridiculous and hypocritical.

And this take my ball and go home act is ridiculous. Not everyone agrees with this regulation of food, so get over it.

You got it. No problem. As you said. EVER.

BTW, based on what I perceived as you, a person with a sense of humor, I thought it was a friendly discussion. I was wrong.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Honest healthy eating suggestions:

Leverage time outside of lunch time. Pack a lunch in the morning or the night before.

-or-

Foiled again.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You got it. No problem. As you said. EVER.

Thank you.

When I die of a massive coronary when my heart explodes then I promise you in return I will not ask "Why me?". I am not like the smoker who gets lung cancer and sues a tabacco company.

I know what I am doing, and risks I take. I don't need sheppards watching out for what is deemed best for me.

BTW, based on what I perceived as you, a person with a sense of humor, I thought it was a friendly discussion. I was wrong.

Well, was the original post serious ? It seemed so. If it was a joke then obviously it went over my head. Not the first time.

If it was no joke, then I don't see how my responses are any more harsh in comparision to yours.

You are debating people's life styles, they are going to be defensive and sensitive about it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm from KC.

Fast food here is pointless, there is no room for it in your diet, eating McDonalds is a crime because it's just a load of calories that dosen't measure up.

I could have anyone of a dozen styles of BBQ, or the best steaks in the universe, so there simply isn't room to do much of this kind of eating without squeezing out something better.

The only thing you can do in KC is eat like a grazing animal 5 out of 7 days and pray that's enough to afford the Gates or Smokehouse or KC masterpiece or Arthur Bryants and on and on and on.

The only steaks I've had elsewhere that were better was in San Antonio, that was the best steak of my life, on the riverwalk.

Jason Whitlock is from KC, you can tell by his girth, it'll get you if you aren't very carefull here.

Eating McDonalds, which costs about as much as the aforementioned is just a culinary tragedy here.

I'm not eating salads for 5 or 6 days to eat that as my reward.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm not eating salads for 5 or 6 days to eat that as my reward.

Agreed. I eat fast food when time doesn't permit me to eat anything else, or when I am really tired and don't want to cook, or sit in a resturant.

My reward is ravioli with meatballs and cheese. Or Chicken Parm!

Or Taco Meatloaf......mmmmmmm Taco Meatloaf!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Agreed. I eat fast food when time doesn't permit me to eat anything else, or when I am really tired and don't want to cook, or sit in a resturant.

My reward is ravioli with meatballs and cheese. Or Chicken Parm!

Or Taco Meatloaf......mmmmmmm Taco Meatloaf!

OK Rugby, spill it.

What is Taco Meatloaf?

(sounds too good, gotta try it)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
OK Rugby, spill it.

What is Taco Meatloaf?

(sounds too good, gotta try it)

We will start at the beginning. I love my wife. She is beautiful, BUT she can cook, and I MEAN COOK. Remember guys: looks fade, but cooking only gets better.

Anyway, she came up with this creation. You take taco meat (ground beef and taco seasoning). Add olives, peppers, onions, and anything else you put on your tacos. Put it in a meatloaf tin and cook it. With about 5 minutes left you put chedder cheese (or any taco cheese) on top, let it melt and WHAM taco meatloaf.

It is flippin' awesome. As good as it sounds, and then some. The trick is how does she add the ingredients and keep the thing in "loaf form". Most people try it and it falls apart (which I was told doesn't matter cause they ate it all anyway and it was good).

I am sure there is more too it, but she is the cook. She knows the secret to its spicy, calorie filled, goodness.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im gonna go out on a limb and say those might not be all that better of an option. Might as well just get a yogurt parfait and a salad from Mickey D's

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
We will start at the beginning. I love my wife. She is beautiful, BUT she can cook, and I MEAN COOK. Remember guys: looks fade, but cooking only gets better.

Anyway, she came up with this creation. You take taco meat (ground beef and taco seasoning). Add olives, peppers, onions, and anything else you put on your tacos. Put it in a meatloaf tin and cook it. With about 5 minutes left you put chedder cheese (or any taco cheese) on top, let it melt and WHAM taco meatloaf.

It is flippin' awesome. As good as it sounds, and then some. The trick is how does she add the ingredients and keep the thing in "loaf form". Most people try it and it falls apart (which I was told doesn't matter cause they ate it all anyway and it was good).

I am sure there is more too it, but she is the cook. She knows the secret to its spicy, calorie filled, goodness.

Awesome.

I guarantee you this will be on the table tonight. Will check back later with a report on how bad I screwed it up but how good it still tasted.

Thanks man! :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im gonna go out on a limb and say those might not be all that better of an option. Might as well just get a yogurt parfait and a salad from Mickey D's
That sound you're hearing is the limb you're hearing snapping in half.

:)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just because of this thread; today I went out and had a #1, and it was good!

:thumbup:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is not a matter of approval. Why would you take that attitude? Just sharing some info, which from now on I will keep to myself.
Because the sanctity of the ASFN Good ole boys club has been crossed by force feeding them information which they do not approve of nor believe in as a "group."....haven't you learned Wally?

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the sanctity of the ASFN Good ole boys club has been crossed by force feeding them information which they do not approve of nor believe in as a "group."....haven't you learned Wally?

It has finally sunk in. I suspected it and was aware, but actually thought it could be overcome. I was wrong on all accounts. Thanks for the reality check. :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez, guys. Seriously? I mentioned his "approval" because he gave it in the post before.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Oh, so sorry.

I forgot because I disagree, I am part of a mob. Next time I will just roll over on my belly and succumb to all advice given.

You are not talking to a sheep here. I have debated with WB on this topic before. Why he is so sensitive about my argument in this thread and not others and can't take what he dishes out I don't know.

Fist, off who gives a damn in what I approve. I actually like to read about things I don't agree with or understand. It expands my thinking and my world. It is one of the best things about this board. But I will not follow the advise, or agree with each one, but at least I will read it.

Second, I completely 100% believe that WB's post is accurate. There is no denying that fast food is utter crap, and slop.

Are you asking if I realize I am putting this crap/slop into my body ? Cause I do, I am fine with that. You don't like it that is fine too.

But if you ask me a question about it then I will answer truthfully, and if you don't like the answer and call it a joke then look for me answer that condensention (sp?) with a little more and an attitude.

And once again, this take your ball and go home attitude doesn't help either.

Because the sanctity of the ASFN Good ole boys club has been crossed by force feeding them information which they do not approve of nor believe in as a "group."

That is just an obnoxious thing to say. Then to get all sensitive about it if someone throws back a little attitude for that obnoxious statement, you then whine and cry. That is pretty manipulative.

So post something if you want to post it. If you don't want to debate about then don't ask questions in regards to the comments. And if you are going to be sensitive then do entice others with condesention, and pompous statements. And worse of all take it as a personal insult.

I got nothing against you, nothing against WB. But I am not going to roll over and beg for forgiveness especially after implying that I am a sheep that is afraid to look into things that I don't agree with or understand.

If you don't want to be insulted or talked to in a certain way I suggest you stop commmuncating with others in that fashion.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Awesome.

I guarantee you this will be on the table tonight. Will check back later with a report on how bad I screwed it up but how good it still tasted.

Thanks man! :thumbup:

No problem.Enjoy

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

NOTICE: The "ASFN Good Ole Boys" next meeting will be held at the Burger King on McDowell & 74th at 7 p.m. on Tuesday September 22, 2009.

As usual, there will be an "All-You-Can-Eat" BK extravaganza featuring the much beloved "Hydrogenated Fat" Bar that has been so popular at past meetings.

REMINDER: This is a secret meeting, so do not post this anywhere other than the "Food" forum as it might be accidentally read by non-Good Ole Boys Members.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wonder if I qualify as a "Good Ole Boy" or am I exempt purely by my gender. If I were a guy, would I be? Or am I despite not being a guy? Hmmmm....

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I always wonder if I qualify as a "Good Ole Boy" or am I exempt purely by my gender. If I were a guy, would I be? Or am I despite not being a guy? Hmmmm....

You're not.

You are just a woman with a small brain, a brain a third the size of ours. It's science.

Oh and Jeff, if I show up and I'm the only one there.....let's just say my self-pity binge eating is NOT pretty.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not.

You are just a woman with a small brain, a brain a third the size of ours. It's science.

Oh and Jeff, if I show up and I'm the only one there.....let's just say my self-pity binge eating is NOT pretty.
There are some that I KNOW would disagree with you (not the brain part...although they may go with less of a fraction).