15 Horrifying Reasons to Never Let Anyone You Love Near a McDonald's

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 comments.

1. I agree with Rugby. I eat the crap. Know it is crap. It tastes good and I like it.

2. This discussion is waaay better than the whole 'Mitch' thing.

3. Did HR try the meatloaf?? Also, when are we having said meatloaf???

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
3. Did HR try the meatloaf?? Also, when are we having said meatloaf???

In regards to the Taco Meatloaf:

I asked my wife how she keeps it from falling apart, and she says "I don't, that is why I put it in a loaf pan"

So, there you have it. I must be thinking about when I come down stairs at 11:30 at night an steal a slice that has been in the fridge, thus a little more solid.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regards to the Taco Meatloaf:

I asked my wife how she keeps it from falling apart, and she says "I don't, that is why I put it in a loaf pan"

So, there you have it. I must be thinking about when I come down stairs at 11:30 at night an steal a slice that has been in the fridge, thus a little more solid.

Linda makes meatloaf all the time and it never falls apart. I have faith that she can make this recipe.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linda makes meatloaf all the time and it never falls apart. I have faith that she can make this recipe.
:) Thank you!

Rugby...in re-reading, it sounds as though she uses already-cooked ground beef taco meat. Is that right? Or does she use raw ground beef with taco seasoning mixed in?

DCR, to answer your questions:

No, Harley did not make it last night. His son was coming over & is a super picky eater so he decided better of it.

We will be having it soon. Very soon.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Well, I forgot yesterday that my son would be over for dinner so the meatloaf idea was scrapped (he is a food snob and wouldn't have eaten it).

So, I took Mrs Rugby's idea and cooked up some ground beef with taco seasoning and then:

- cooked up some chopped vidalia onion

- added to the onion some chopped up pepper (sorta like a jalapeno)

- heated up some tortillas

- made a burrito with shredded cheese

- added some Cacique mexican cream

- finally spooned on some El Pato hot sauce

De-effin-licious!!

Thanks Mrs Rugby!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Oh, and since this thread was hi-jacked:

McDonalds is apparently bad for you.

That is all.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make a meatloaf not fall apart: add egg, a little milk or cream and breadcrumbs.

you're welcome.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I worked at Pizza Hut, being rude wasn't exactly a good idea, pre getting your food that is.

I've seen things.
You just don't piss off people before they serve you your food, work on your car, or operate on you.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, so sorry.

I forgot because I disagree, I am part of a mob. Next time I will just roll over on my belly and succumb to all advice given.

You are not talking to a sheep here. I have debated with WB on this topic before. Why he is so sensitive about my argument in this thread and not others and can't take what he dishes out I don't know.

Fist, off who gives a damn in what I approve. I actually like to read about things I don't agree with or understand. It expands my thinking and my world. It is one of the best things about this board. But I will not follow the advise, or agree with each one, but at least I will read it.

Second, I completely 100% believe that WB's post is accurate. There is no denying that fast food is utter crap, and slop.

Are you asking if I realize I am putting this crap/slop into my body ? Cause I do, I am fine with that. You don't like it that is fine too.

But if you ask me a question about it then I will answer truthfully, and if you don't like the answer and call it a joke then look for me answer that condensention (sp?) with a little more and an attitude.

And once again, this take your ball and go home attitude doesn't help either.

Because the sanctity of the ASFN Good ole boys club has been crossed by force feeding them information which they do not approve of nor believe in as a "group."

That is just an obnoxious thing to say. Then to get all sensitive about it if someone throws back a little attitude for that obnoxious statement, you then whine and cry. That is pretty manipulative.

So post something if you want to post it. If you don't want to debate about then don't ask questions in regards to the comments. And if you are going to be sensitive then do entice others with condesention, and pompous statements. And worse of all take it as a personal insult.

I got nothing against you, nothing against WB. But I am not going to roll over and beg for forgiveness especially after implying that I am a sheep that is afraid to look into things that I don't agree with or understand.

If you don't want to be insulted or talked to in a certain way I suggest you stop commmuncating with others in that fashion.
You must be registered for see images

This has nothing to do with me,so this crap about crying and taking my ball home.....i'm not even playing ball so don't flatter yourself buddy.
I'll be fine :).
This has everything to do with the condecending tone from the safety of a keyboard. I suppose it's the nature of a neighborhood message board so i probably shouldn't concern myself. I could go into it with a long-winded opinion but that'd be useless and tired.
I just wish there was less attitude from some folks when somebody who they don't have BBQ's with on the weekends sticks their neck out with something(opinion) and you don't agree with them.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

NOTICE: The "ASFN Good Ole Boys" next meeting will be held at the Burger King on McDowell & 74th at 7 p.m. on Tuesday September 22, 2009.

As usual, there will be an "All-You-Can-Eat" BK extravaganza featuring the much beloved "Hydrogenated Fat" Bar that has been so popular at past meetings.

REMINDER: This is a secret meeting, so do not post this anywhere other than the "Food" forum as it might be accidentally read by non-Good Ole Boys Members.
I'll be there! :thumbup:
Is this a smoking or non-smoking venue?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This has nothing to do with me,so this crap about crying and taking my ball home.....i'm not even playing ball so don't flatter yourself buddy.
I'll be fine :).
This has everything to do with the condecending tone from the safety of a keyboard. I suppose it's the nature of a neighborhood message board so i probably shouldn't concern myself. I could go into it with a long-winded opinion but that'd be useless and tired.
I just wish there was less attitude from some folks when somebody who they don't have BBQ's with on the weekends sticks their neck out with something(opinion) and you don't agree with them.

I could not agree more on all accounts.

Just realize it works both ways, pal.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With a supermarket directly across the street, I never go into the McDonalds around the corner from me. My burgers look and taste way better. That being said, their food is still pretty good. It's just garbage that's all.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Love me some fast food burgers as previously mentioned, but I'm cutting calories. So I went to Albertsons the other day and saw some 96% lean ground beef. 150 calories per serving (which is one regular size burger patty). I cook those bad boys on my Foreman Grill when I'm pressed for time. Those things are damn good.

Basically, with meat, 2% cheese and condiment, the overall calorie consumption of one of my burgers is only 300 calories

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So I went to Albertsons the other day and saw some 96% lean ground beef.

96%?!?! What's even the point? Whole foods 22% fat is the way to go. It's usually pretty reasonable as well, between 2.99-3.99 a pound, which is downright cheap for WF. Try it once and you'll never go back. Again, it all gets back to the same issue, MODERATION. Have a burger once a week, just don't eat 8 every day.

Last edited:

Pigskinfreak

Reaction score
Haven't stepped inside a McD's in about 5 years (Ever since i turned vegetarian). Never been in better shape in my life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA