$1 8 inch sub at Jimmy Johns 6/14

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
yes this should go in the food forum but nobody will see it there in time.

All Phoenix locations. I am sure it will be crazy lines but $1, come on

http://www.freakyfast.com/

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't eat this trash if they paid me a $1.00. The subs at the deli in the grocery that sit in the big tub forever are better than this crap.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't eat this trash if they paid me a $1.00. The subs at the deli in the grocery that sit in the big tub forever are better than this crap.

If you think Jimmy John's is crap then you must think Subway must be what a person craps out after eating at Jimmy John's.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

1 less person in line. Thanks:p

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I like the tub subs. On the other hand, I'll never go by a Jimmy Johns again.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? Jimmy johns is one of the better sandwich shops in the valley at least when comparing to complete garbage like blimpie and subway. I still prefer cheba hut or Silver mine but Jimmyjohn is fast and delicious.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Johns is good. I don't know wtf you chuckleheads are talking about.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish they had one (JJs) in the Arcadia area, closest one is about 5 or 6 miles away. They do put Subway and Blimpies to shame. I managed a Subway for a couple years, basically everything except the veggies and cheese is frozen and pre-coocked:barf:, including their dough (frozen logs), which is why they can legally only say "baked fresh daily" about the bread. Don't take the midgets to Subway, the lettuce stories alone...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think Jimmy John's is crap then you must think Subway must be what a person craps out after eating at Jimmy John's.

Subway is 20x better than Jimmy Johns. Not some pre made crap sandwich that sits in a walk in for days. How the heck do you think they are so fast?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite conversation at Jimmy Johns by my work.

Me: Can I get a turkey sandwich?

Them: Which number?

Me: I don't want a number, they all have mayo and no mustard. Can I just make one?

Them: No, but you can pick a number and we can remove the toppings

Me: I would just like to have a sandwich made to what I want. No Mayo, plus mustard

Them: We can take the Mayo off, but you would have to put the mustard on yourself. We have packets.

Me: You won't put mustard on a sandwich?

Them: No, you need to do that

Me: Then what the heck am I paying you for?

Seriously. Terrible service, pre made garbage covered in mayo

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subway is 20x better than Jimmy Johns. Not some pre made crap sandwich that sits in a walk in for days. How the heck do you think they are so fast?

LOL - Jimmy johns puts the meat on the paper to have it ready to go, it doesnt come pre seperated into each different sub.

Subway used to do the same thing, now instead they keep it seperate but it all comes out of a vacuum sealed package of ham just like any other sandwich shop. These comparisons are rediculous. I worked many of subways well over 10 years ago and its far from what you think it is. It sits in the walk in all week just like every place you order food from.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Me: I don't want a number, they all have mayo and no mustard. Can I just make one?

Me: I would just like to have a sandwich made to what I want. No Mayo, plus mustard

Them: We can take the Mayo off, but you would have to put the mustard on yourself. We have packets.

Sounds like starbucks.

I walk in, ask for an itialian sub with no oil vinegar and have 0 problems. Fast food is fast food. Mustard is nasty

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I eat there and get sandwiches made the way I want them all the time without that issue. Sounds like your shop is full of retards. :)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJs subs are made directly in front of you similar to Subway. I don't know what you guys are talking about. Never had any problems with JJs and ordering exactly how I wanted - no mayo, meat, cheese, hot peppers, etc.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJs subs are made directly in front of you similar to Subway. I don't know what you guys are talking about. Never had any problems with JJs and ordering exactly how I wanted - no mayo, meat, cheese, hot peppers, etc.

I've never eaten at a JJ's in Phoenix because there is not one nearby. But I eat there quite frequently in OR when I travel there as it is right next to my usual hotel.

I am baffled at the pre-made stuff as well, jf. They always make it in front of me.

Subway does too. But subway sucks. I don't like their sandwiches at all. And can that chain be any more over-franchised?