Interesting Seahawks' rumors...

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2780

Adam Schefter of NFL Network and NFL.com reports the Seattle Seahawks have been quietly discussing a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars which would sent running back Shaun Alexander for a third round draft pick.

According to Shefter, the strange thing is the Jaguars are the ones who are balking at the deal as they are not willing to pay Alexander or the Seahawks.

For the complete article, go to: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

A 3rd rounder!!! If this is true, I guess the reports on Alexander being a locker room cancer are true, too...

From PFT.com
DARRELL DOESN'T SHOW FOR SEAHAWKS

Less than a week after the Seattle Seahawks dumped one of their starting receivers, the other starter at the position has boycotted involuntary voluntary practice, due apparently to a contract dispute.

According to The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Darrell Jackson decided not to participate in Monday's drills, even though he signed a new six-year, $25 million contract a year ago.

"I'm disappointed he's not here," said coach Mike Holmgren. "He and I have talked about his reasons for not being here, a lot. With Darrell, in his mind, it's a matter of principle."

Jackson reportedly believes that former Seahawks president Bob Whitsitt made a promise to him that has not been honored. Apart from the fact that such "promises" potentially violate the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the fact remains that these players need to get all promises reduced to writing in their contracts, or the promises are worthless.

The reality, however, is that Jackson now has even greater leverage, thanks to the misadventures of Koren Robinson that led to his June 2 release. With Holmgren under increased pressure to win -- especially since new team president Tim Ruskell might want to hire his own guy to coach the team -- look for Holmgren to lobby hard to get Jackson placated quickly.

So, after the Seahawks cut Robinson and are talking to the Jags about trading Alexander - Jackson decides it's right time for a new deal....

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I doubt he's a cancer in the locker room.He'll just be a big hurt on a salary cap with his new contract. His demands must be pretty high because i find it hard to believe there's not a team in the league that wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for him. Of course, you still have TD in Buffalo thinking he'll get 3rd rounder for Henry :biglaugh: , so i guess you never know.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I doubt he's a cancer in the locker room.He'll just be a big hurt on a salary cap with his new contract. His demands must be pretty high because i find it hard to believe there's not a team in the league that wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for him. Of course, you still have TD in Buffalo thinking he'll get 3rd rounder for Henry :biglaugh: , so i guess you never know.

I don't.

Teams that need a RB, e.g. Arizona, TB, etcetera, drafted one. Jacksonville may need one. Other than Jax, and possibly Tennessee, there is nobody in the market. Thus Buffalo and Seattle face a buyer's market, and will probably not get anything approaching market value.

Sometimes you do get a situation like Miami last season, where Williams ambushes them, and the backup gets hurt, and they overpay for a guy like Lamar Gordon. But right now it is most definitely a buyer's market for RB.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
it's not going to happen

no way he moves for a 3rd rounder .........

even with his franchise tag hit of 6.4 the hawks can sign their rookies and maybe even have enough for boulware

if they work shaun out to a long term deal, his cap hit will be a lot more friendly

it's not like the hawks are in a must trade circumstance .. i doubt shaun will hold out into the season and the hawks aren't that cash strapped

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
What the heck is Jackson holding out for. He just re-signed last year. What if they traded Alexander and then Jackson held out. That team would be dead.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, the Seahags cut thier #2 WR, have thier #1 WR holding out, and want to trade thier starting RB.

Hmmmmmmmmm. 14.5 points per game average on offense this year for Seattle?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are some few idiots on the one Bills board that still believe they'll get a third that's a conditional second, or that they should trade him for nothing less than a first. Not a ton of them, but a few. The overall tone is that they're in the driver's seat. Some of them realize the truth, but overall, they're in fan denial.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a deal with Jax is on the horizon, I'd wager that we've only heard part of this rumor. I'd imagine Fred Taylor might be in the bargain somewhere, too.

Taylor is a very, very good back (wait for it....) when healthy. Last year (and the year before?) he played injury free, so maybe he's kicked that bug, though.

They also have Greg Jones from FSU backing Taylor up, and I think that guy might have a future in the league as at least a servicable RB.

I'd be really surprised if Jax trades for Alexander and keeps Jones and Taylor. That's be one helluva backfied...I might try to find a way to get them all on the field at once.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the jackson thing bugs me ... he isn't going to miss any "contractual time"

but is upset that a handshake deal made with whitsett has yet to be honored ... no one knows exactly the details of this deal

with that said he should be there in camp, helping the new WRs learn and establishing a leadership role

very disapointing ... but I guess he is too principled to sack up, have faith that his situation will be handled and just go to work

as for robinson last year he played 10 games (8 starts), caught 31 passes for 495 yards and 2 TDs

the year prior he played and started in 15 games, caught 65 balls for 896 yards and 4 TDs

last year the hawks had the 8th best offense in the league ... the year prior the 6th

last year pathon performed just as well as robinson and jurevicius adds some red zone potential as well

alexander isn't going anywhere unless the hawks can get something needed in return

I see no reason the hawks O cannot be top 10 again this year (if not even top 5)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
the jackson thing bugs me ... he isn't going to miss any "contractual time"

but is upset that a handshake deal made with whitsett has yet to be honored ... no one knows exactly the details of this deal

with that said he should be there in camp, helping the new WRs learn and establishing a leadership role

very disapointing ... but I guess he is too principled to sack up, have faith that his situation will be handled and just go to work

as for robinson last year he played 10 games (8 starts), caught 31 passes for 495 yards and 2 TDs

the year prior he played and started in 15 games, caught 65 balls for 896 yards and 4 TDs

last year the hawks had the 8th best offense in the league ... the year prior the 6th

last year pathon performed just as well as robinson and jurevicius adds some red zone potential as well

alexander isn't going anywhere unless the hawks can get something needed in return

I see no reason the hawks O cannot be top 10 again this year (if not even top 5)

How many offensive linemen did you lose, though? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck or anything. Something tells me you lost two starting OL, but I may be quite mistaken.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are the team to beat in the NFC West but if they go on a 3 game loosing streak this year they will choke for the remainder of the year..... Just a hunch.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the hawks released chris terry .. who sometimes started at the RT spot

the guy had some character issues ... put up a good season or two .. then started to act up a little and get injured a lot

a beast when healthy ... however last year he started 8 games, the year before 10

they signed jones long term so they will be able to have a guy like womack (also resigned) play a position other than LT in camp (which should allow for more continuity on the line)

the left side will be jones and hutch

they resigned tobeck as center .. chris gray resigned as RG (although I think he is a backup) ... that leaves chop at RT

in a perfect world one of the young guys will step up at RT allowing chop to play RG ... that would set a line of Jones, Hutch, Tobeck, Chop, ??? with spencer waiting in the wings to take over for Tobeck

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
btw - del rio has dismissed the rumors they are pursuing alexander, fwiw

i wouldn't be shocked if seattle was listening and exploring all options (i'd expect them to) ... i wouldn't be shocked if shaun gets traded at some point ... i just can't see it for a 3rd rounder ... especially to a decent team, making it a high 3rd rounder

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
btw - del rio has dismissed the rumors they are pursuing alexander, fwiw

i wouldn't be shocked if seattle was listening and exploring all options (i'd expect them to) ... i wouldn't be shocked if shaun gets traded at some point ... i just can't see it for a 3rd rounder ... especially to a decent team, making it a high 3rd rounder

And the trade makes little sense with Taylor around.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
And the trade makes little sense with Taylor around.
Taylor is out for the season if Im correct. I believe he already went down with an injury.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Taylor is out for the season if Im correct. I believe he already went down with an injury.
I just heard Del Rio on NFL Sirius talking about how good Taylor looked. Did he go down in the last couple of days?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I just heard Del Rio on NFL Sirius talking about how good Taylor looked. Did he go down in the last couple of days?

fRED tAYLOR HAD OFF-season knee surgery and may or may not be ready for camp in July.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
fRED tAYLOR HAD OFF-season knee surgery and may or may not be ready for camp in July.
Ah-ha. Then I must have heard Del Rio talking about how well he's coming along.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it is to bad that fred taylor has injury problems. he would be the best back in the league. alexander just needs to stick to his guns and hold out for a long term deal.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
LET'S MAKE A DEAL

Here's a deal that quietly has been discussed, hasn't come to fruition, but should: The Jaguars should trade a third-round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl running back Shaun Alexander, a deal that makes sense for both sides. The Jaguars would get the insurance they need for Fred Taylor, as well as a draw who is wildly popular in Alabama and would help boost attendance in Jacksonville, at a relatively modest cost. The Seahawks would get back a third-round pick in addition to salary-cap relief they need and want for a player who has vowed not to sign the tender that Seattle has given him. Makes great sense. Now it's up to both teams to make it happen. Problem is, the Jaguars -- not the Seahawks -- have balked at it. Right now, they're not willing to pay the Seahawks or Alexander.

:thumbup:I don't really understand the Jags take, unless they think the Seahawks are desperate to get rid of him. A 3rd rounder seams like a bargain. I would definetly consider the Jags a serious contender if this does go down. But it seams like Travis Henry all over again.

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Man, the seahags are falling apart fast. If the Cards can't win this division, something is wrong. St. Louis is going to get worse because they've had one more year for Marmie to put in his system. The niners a going to suck because they are the niners, which is, the old Cardinals. If the Cards lose even once to those chumps next season, I'm going to :barf:

The Cards could sweep this division, but I'm going to say 4 out of 6 with one loss each to the lambs and seahags.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i still don't understand how anyone would say seattle is falling apart ... i can understand stagnant .. but they really haven't had any net losses this year

also this is the same rumor that has gone on at another time

as i've stated in the past i wouldn't be shocked if the hawks moved alexander ... but it doesn't make sense to trade him for just a 3rd round pick

they aren't going broke this year .. it's not like they must cut a lot of salary

even with shaun's tender, they can do alright

this would be a foolish move for the Jags not to make, as long as they have the cap space

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
i still don't understand how anyone would say seattle is falling apart ... i can understand stagnant .. but they really haven't had any net losses this year

also this is the same rumor that has gone on at another time

as i've stated in the past i wouldn't be shocked if the hawks moved alexander ... but it doesn't make sense to trade him for just a 3rd round pick

they aren't going broke this year .. it's not like they must cut a lot of salary

even with shaun's tender, they can do alright

this would be a foolish move for the Jags not to make, as long as they have the cap space

This might be the part.

The Seahawks would get back a third-round pick in addition to salary-cap relief they need and want for a player who has vowed not to sign the tender that Seattle has given him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson