Timberwolves @ Suns Friday Playoff game thread 4-26-2024 - Game 3

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I love nurk but dont understand why vogel doesnt go small one time without him. Its been proven in numerous gobert series to be the way..so stupid
If there had been any prior doubt due to his Lebron coattailing, Vogel has proven this season beyond all doubt that he is not really a competent coach. I can't imagine he gets another HC job after this at the NBA level unless it's an interim gig with one of the low level franchises that's constantly recycling rejects.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there had been any prior doubt due to his Lebron coattailing, Vogel has proven this season beyond all doubt that he is not really a competent coach. I can't imagine he gets another HC job after this at the NBA level unless it's an interim gig with one of the low level franchises that's constantly recycling rejects.

He already had a tenure with Orlando between his Indiana and LA stints. No one ever mentions that for how spectacularly mediocre it was. He went 54-110 over 2 seasons. He's not a good coach.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
The Suns?

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Two Suns starters only contributed 3 points, Nurkic 3 and O'Neale 0.

Maybe O'Neale should have taken that contract offer.
Add to this Eubank's 9 pts makes it to 12 pts total for 61 minutes played. That doesn't cut it at the NBA level.

I've been a Sun's fan since 1970, through highs and lows, but this team is embarrassing. If they are going lose at least make it a completive game giving it all.

Many here are down on coach Frankie, deservingly so. He might do better as a G league coach?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two are ceos of not insignificant companies.

That's cool, not surprising I guess. But using psychoactive drugs shouldn't be the go to for elite NBA players who need their timing, coordination, and mental acuity to be completely dialed in at an extremely high level for each of these 48 minute games. They should be looking for every competitive advantage, not for potentially disruptive impairments.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Decided to go mountain biking yesterday and skip watching the game after I got back. Much more entertaining and I knew it would be. In recent years I’d get labeled as fair weather fan for losing interest, but it seems most of us are starting to fade with enthusiasm.

I give the suns credit for swinging for change, it needed to happen. But it doesn’t appear to be working out and trying again feels like the wrong move.

I think we’ll have a few trade demands this off-season and then we reset for mediocrity!!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Bring on the summer! Any other good playoffs series to watch? I'm not watching game 4, that's for sure.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
This is the most embarrassing team we have ever had.

We have been embarrassed because we sent out scrubs....and couldnt compete, but this is worse. We have 2 of the top 10 players in the NBA....and 3 of the top 25 or so....and we have so little heart and guts that it doesnt matter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love nurk but dont understand why vogel doesnt go small one time without him. Its been proven in numerous gobert series to be the way..so stupid

Even when the Suns go small, the Wolves are bigger with Towns or Reid. The Suns don't have a rim protector.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cool, not surprising I guess. But using psychoactive drugs shouldn't be the go to for elite NBA players who need their timing, coordination, and mental acuity to be completely dialed in at an extremely high level for each of these 48 minute games. They should be looking for every competitive advantage, not for potentially disruptive impairments.
You’re assuming pot affects everyone the same. For some people, pot focuses them, especially in sports.

And if you think KD just recently started smoking because the rules allowed him to and wasn’t smoking up a storm while winning titles and MVPs previously in his career, I’ve got some Oceanside property to sell you in Yuma.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You’re assuming pot affects everyone the same. For some people, pot focuses them, especially in sports.

And if you think KD just recently started smoking because the rules allowed him to and wasn’t smoking up a storm while winning titles and MVPs previously in his career, I’ve got some Oceanside property to sell you in Yuma.
i get hyper focused on the ganja - disc golfing - writing - i just scrubbed the entire bathroom lol

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i get hyper focused on the ganja - disc golfing - writing - i just scrubbed the entire bathroom lol
This is what my bros thought too, and this is part of what I meant that people revolve their life around this stuff.

Nothing against you, I’m just staying what my buddies went through.

Now they are not focused on using they’re more productive in society and for themselves and their family.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This is what my bros thought too, and this is part of what I meant that people revolve their life around this stuff.

Nothing against you, I’m just staying what my buddies went through.

Now they are not focused on using they’re more productive in society and for themselves and their family.
i don't know anyone who's life revolves around herb lol and ive never heard of anybody going through anything - it's not like alcohol or dope - it's not some life altering thing when you stop - ive stopped several times (all for jobs) but thankfully it's not a big deal now as it pertains to employment but ive never sold my wife's jewelry to get "my next fix" - ive never done or said something crazy due to being under the influence of marijuana - it's honestly nothing more than a slight head change - as far as stimulants go id put it somewhere around coffee but that's just me

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i don't know anyone who's life revolves around herb lol and ive never heard of anybody going through anything - it's not like alcohol or dope - it's not some life altering thing when you stop - ive stopped several times (all for jobs) but thankfully it's not a big deal now as it pertains to employment but ive never sold my wife's jewelry to get "my next fix" - ive never done or said something crazy due to being under the influence of marijuana - it's honestly nothing more than a slight head change - as far as stimulants go id put it somewhere around coffee but that's just me

There was nothing criminal they did. They didn’t do anything crazy. They just thought it enhanced everything they did when in reality it didn’t.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't believe you recognize the crazy stuff you say when you're high. It's not as offensive as what people say when they're drunk but definitely qualifies as crazy. Like I've heard potheads question whether ketchup is a smoothie since tomatoes are a fruit. That isn't normal to think about.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't believe you recognize the crazy stuff you say when you're high. It's not as offensive as what people say when they're drunk but definitely qualifies as crazy. Like I've heard potheads question whether ketchup is a smoothie since tomatoes are a fruit. That isn't normal to think about.
nah im just crazy in general bro - i agree with 95 about people thinking it makes them better or what evs - but I've been smoking weed for 30+ years - i still get ish done and we're paying our house off next year - so the dishes are done man - imma get back to this game now

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison