Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I can't believe we're still doing this. What'd DeAndre Hopkins do for us? What'd he bring back in a trade?

It's almost the same situation. Kinda one cool Hail Mary win, and then... we cut him. For nothing. We didn't win a thing, we got nothing back.

Winning just a few games is such a waste of effort and time.
LOL, our only hint of success over the last few years was when Hop and Kyler were cooking. The #'s with and without Hop were pretty telling.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now? He's our #2 or #1 right now along with Wilson. That will obviously change, but how much is the question. It's being hotly debated right now, as it is a secondary topic of the "veteran WR" topic.
1) McBride
2) Wilson
3) Dinker/Dunker passes to RB
4) TE2
5) Dortch

Championship

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Right now? He's our #2 or #1 right now along with Wilson. That will obviously change, but how much is the question. It's being hotly debated right now, as it is a secondary topic of the "veteran WR" topic.

#3 pass catchers on good teams around the league are nothing special. I expect MHJ and McBride to lead the team in receiving with Wilson/Dortch/3rd round rookie to be the other options.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the guy to get in a trade was Jerry Jeudy. Think he only cost a 4th and 6th round pick. He'd been an ideal addition and is only 24.
But, as I said earlier, Monti seems averse to adding legit NFL talent from other teams.
Well I mean other then the fact he kinda sucks…

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the guy to get in a trade was Jerry Jeudy. Think he only cost a 4th and 6th round pick. He'd been an ideal addition and is only 24.
But, as I said earlier, Monti seems averse to adding legit NFL talent from other teams.
I thought you might be kidding.

Other than being 24 and being a former first round pick, is Jeudy more of a legit than the other dudes Monti signed this year?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Other than being 24 and being a former first round pick, is Jeudy more of a legit than the other dudes Monti signed this year?
Easily. He's much better than Pascal, Dortch, Wilson. He's not the fantasy start people use to judge if a player is any good. He about put up 1000 yards and 6 TD's with the rotting corpse of Russell Wilson and Nathaniel Hackett running the offense.

I'm not saying he's a superstar but he's a legit NFL starter and will probably have a very good year in Cleveland.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1) McBride
2) Wilson
3) Dinker/Dunker passes to RB
4) TE2
5) Dortch

Championship

We don’t throw to the RB for some reason. TE gets those targets/routes.

People are all-in in McBride a little early. He couldn’t beat out Zach Ertz’s ghost but let’s push all the chips in on him today.

Than the WR? For sure. Maybe Kyler didn’t like him or something, but if you liked Hollywood Brown on a one-year deal, you should love Jerry Jeudy on a rookie deal for peanuts.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you saying Monti "dropped the ball" on that one?

No, not just whatshisname the WR, the other dudes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Other than the Gannon hire, which seems promising and still that was tainted by the tampering, he's dropped the ball on everything in my book.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Easily. He's much better than Pascal, Dortch, Wilson. He's not the fantasy start people use to judge if a player is any good. He about put up 1000 yards and 6 TD's with the rotting corpse of Russell Wilson and Nathaniel Hackett running the offense.

I'm not saying he's a superstar but he's a legit NFL starter and will probably have a very good year in Cleveland.

The hardest thing to do is judge first-round disappointments after their first contract accurately. There's a non-zero chance Jeudy could be Christian Kirk. His new deal with the Browns is bananas. Even for a 3rd WR that's a great deal.

Jeudy the past four years probably the median projection on Michael Wilson.

He would have been the highlight of this free agent class, for sure. Mostly because he's a former first-round pick and skill position player, though he's been arguably as or more productive than the free agents we signed, also.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardest thing to do is judge first-round disappointments after their first contract accurately. There's a non-zero chance Jeudy could be Christian Kirk. His new deal with the Browns is bananas. Even for a 3rd WR that's a great deal.

Jeudy the past four years probably the median projection on Michael Wilson.

He would have been the highlight of this free agent class, for sure. Mostly because he's a former first-round pick and skill position player, though he's been arguably as or more productive than the free agents we signed, also.
:burgerking:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just hope Monti can stay employed long enough to actually see his slow build pay off. And that he doesn't have to hire a new HC with a new scheme because Gannon can't win 7 games because the roster is full of Bilal Nichols (mid vets) and BJ Ojulari (young players the team is dependent on to make immediate impacts) type players.