LSU WR Malik Nabers Pro Day

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The games I watched with him he worked almost exclusively out of the slot. But that doesn't mean he can't play outside: there are fewer playmakers at the college level (even at LSU), and teams want to put their best guys as close to the ball as possible and give them as much room to work.

It's too bad that Google sucks now; it would be nice to easily find game charting about where these prospects lined up.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't care much about Yards Per Route Run (I think the denominator is too varied to matter much as a metric), but the bottom graphic surprises me. I watched the Alabama game and he was almost always inside.

Maybe they ran more 2WR sets in games I didn't watch. Thanks for sharing that. For some reason, Twitter is bad and broken for me now, also. I went to that dude's feed on desktop to see if he had similar graphs for the other top WRs, and all of the posts were out of chronological order. I don't need to see his tweets from 2022, Elon.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Seems like the unofficial times have been slower than the actual times at the combine. That Indy turf he might have run faster.

Brian Thomas isnt that much faster than Nabers if at all.
Was going to out how Thomas did... if we trade down, I think it's more likely we'd end up with Thomas than Nabers.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What if the reason there's so much talk and smoke about trading down is because MH doesn't want MHJ coming to AZ, but everyone is playing nice in the media so that all values are not diminished.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
4.35 isn’t earth shattering. It was probably expected. 4.25 would’ve been newsworthy.

Marvin runs that at a much bigger size.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4.35 isn’t earth shattering. It was probably expected. 4.25 would’ve been newsworthy.

Marvin runs that at a much bigger size.
No he doesn't. No way. You can just watch the video and Nabors is clearly faster.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not.

Marvin clocked the fastest time in college last year at about 23 mph.

Give me that over a track time 40.
I'm not kidding, and some long run where Marvin gets up to a top speed of 23 is far less important than quickness off the line. You know David Johnson was once clocked at 22 mph as well but all Cards fans know he only had average speed.

Just watch the highlights of both, Nabors is clearly faster. Nabors fly's by most people trying to cover him

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@DVontel Idk how how Monti can leave this draft without taking one of the top 2 or 3 wrs.

Gotta think he's hoping for the Giants trade if it comes to that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not kidding, and some long run where Marvin gets up to a top speed of 23 is far less important than quickness off the line. You know David Johnson was once clocked at 22 mph as well but all Cards fans know he only had average speed.

Just watch the highlights of both, Nabors is clearly faster. Nabors fly's by most people trying to cover him

Video lies when it comes to speed.

Hell, it makes Formula 1 cars look slow.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

David Johnson was very fast.