LSU WR Malik Nabers Pro Day

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cameron Wolfe of NFL Media reports that the Giants, who have the sixth pick, had dinner with Nabers on Tuesday night.

Nabers also met with the Patriots, Titans, Jets, and Jaguars and he is set to meet with the Cardinals after he works out. All except the Jaguars are picking in the top 10 and the Patriots and Cardinals are both in front of the Giants.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean hand timed could easily still be in 4.4s on a actual computer timed field like at the combine… and Devil advocate could even be a little less can’t trust human eye, or reflexes

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hmmm... Impressive.

Nabers worked out of the slot quite a bit in college, correct?

Honest question (because I don't always understand all of the qualities that make a good WR1 or W2):

Isn't Nabers best suited to be a slot receiver in the NFL?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I mean hand timed could easily still be in 4.4s on a actual computer timed field like at the combine… and Devil advocate could even be a little less can’t trust human eye, or reflexes
the timed speed -- even with the margin for error -- just confirms the tape

the measured size + the vert + the broad jump and 40 time confirms that he is a legit 200 lbs and explosive

good day for him

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the unofficial times have been slower than the actual times at the combine. That Indy turf he might have run faster.

Brian Thomas isnt that much faster than Nabers if at all.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
hmmm... Impressive.

Nabers worked out of the slot quite a bit in college, correct?

Honest question (because I don't always understand all of the qualities that make a good WR1 or W2):

Isn't Nabers best suited to be a slot receiver in the NFL?
The games I watched with him he worked almost exclusively out of the slot. But that doesn't mean he can't play outside: there are fewer playmakers at the college level (even at LSU), and teams want to put their best guys as close to the ball as possible and give them as much room to work.

It's too bad that Google sucks now; it would be nice to easily find game charting about where these prospects lined up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The games I watched with him he worked almost exclusively out of the slot. But that doesn't mean he can't play outside: there are fewer playmakers at the college level (even at LSU), and teams want to put their best guys as close to the ball as possible and give them as much room to work.

It's too bad that Google sucks now; it would be nice to easily find game charting about where these prospects lined up.
:yeahthat:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson