LSU WR Malik Nabers Pro Day

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lance Zierlein has the Cards trading with the Vikings.
11. Dallas Turner

16. Brian Thomas Jr (Trade up from 23 to 16 )
27. Kool Aid

Mims went 26. In that scenario I would move up for him as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lance Zierlein has the Cards trading with the Vikings.
11. Dallas Turner

16. Brian Thomas Jr (Trade up from 23 to 16 )
27. Kool Aid

Mims went 26. In that scenario I would move up for him as well.

Ppl really think the Cards are passing on MHJ for one net gained 1st rd pick JFC

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I think MHJ is the pick. Don't mess around. Tho Nabors is tempting, the contested catches, strong hands make MHJ the safe choice. Plus 6 3 205 too. I like the pedigree of him, and Paris, Kyler Murray likely have some pull even tho GMs aren't supposed to listen to what the players want.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
the stick and pick MHJ vs trade down for Odunze is just a proxy for people's tolerance for risk
That's just the TV show. I don't think Monti pulls the trigger on the first trade unless and until he has assurances on the ability to get (back up) for a top prospect. That's why I think we'll stay put and take MHJ. Last year, the prospects were relatively low-quality at key positions, and teams were willing to move up and down knowing their valuations were likely very different from others'. This year, the talent differentials are clear at the most valuable positions, and teams are likely to take their dudes/demand a ransom in return.

I just don't see J.J. McCarthy as being an elite prospect; hard to see a team giving up what it takes to get into the top five when there are great prospects available.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's just the TV show. I don't think Monti pulls the trigger on the first trade unless and until he has assurances on the ability to get (back up) for a top prospect. That's why I think we'll stay put and take MHJ. Last year, the prospects were relatively low-quality at key positions, and teams were willing to move up and down knowing their valuations were likely very different from others'. This year, the talent differentials are clear at the most valuable positions, and teams are likely to take their dudes/demand a ransom in return.

I just don't see J.J. McCarthy as being an elite prospect; hard to see a team giving up what it takes to get into the top five when there are great prospects available.
Yes. If you trade back, you need to know you can also trade back up with Tennessee. If not, huge risk coming out of the draft with more magic beans.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
the stick and pick MHJ vs trade down for Odunze is just a proxy for people's tolerance for risk
Except it is absolutely not a trade down for Odunze. It's a fantasyland hope for a trade back for "a haul" and a cheap trade up for Odunze. Can it happen? Maybe. Is it a nailed on guarantee? Not even close, but a segment of the board believes a trade back up is guaranteed if the Cards trade down. It isn't.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes. If you trade back, you need to know you can also trade back up with Tennessee. If not, huge risk coming out of the draft with more magic beans.
Higher than Tennessee, especially given the Giants trading a WR to the Bills today. They are hot on the market for a WR too.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would have to really hope Tennesse likes Fuaga over Alt and prefer him in a trade down. Because if its actually Alt who they want the Bears may take him at 9.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think one of the ways Monti will get cross ways with the Board is if he considers someone like Dallas Turner to be as good a prospect at one of the WRs -- so you get the trade down but not one of the 3 WRs (hello Ladd McConkey at #27!)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'd have to get new projectors in the film room because these guys would be burning them out.
They are really like having extra coaches to help other play the right way. Some are guy who play football. These two are football players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They are really like having extra coaches to help other play the right way. Some are guy who play football. These two are football players.
Both are extremely fundamentally sound. They get the details right. Also VERY COACHABLE.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The dark horse to me is Brian Thomas Jr.

Maybe Monti is looking at the draft like, we can get two more premium picks and get a WR not too far off the top three.

My issue with this approach is that Brian Thomas pretty much ran like three routes. Granted he was elite, but I want a bit more versatility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard