OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I love how some of these rumors get started. It starts out with one guy making a comment that the Cardinals would make sense as a trade target for Reddick.

Then Bo turns that into "Cardinals could be in the mix." Which is never wrong. Well done. It's gaining steam and more clicks for PHNX.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Then this guy takes it one step further. Cardinals have been "linked". Isn't linked supposed to mean real events happened? Like actual rumblings from the Cardinals or Reddick? Which I don't think happened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Who's next?
Well a friend of mine knows the cousin of Reddick's brothers barber, and he heard....oh, never mind....

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I love how some of these rumors get started. It starts out with one guy making a comment that the Cardinals would make sense as a trade target for Reddick.

Then Bo turns that into "Cardinals could be in the mix." Which is never wrong. Well done. It's gaining steam and more clicks for PHNX.

Then this guy takes it one step further. Cardinals have been "linked". Isn't linked supposed to mean real events happened? Like actual rumblings from the Cardinals or Reddick? Which I don't think happened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Who's next?
This is all speculation and not much in the way of evidence unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Cardinals just traded for DeAndre Hopkins, still had Fitz who had a good year and Kirk who showed promise. And people will tell you they still should have drafted Lamb.

Keenan Allen is 32 and on a 1 year deal. Would be shortsighted to pass up on much higher rated player to take the best defensive player just cause (assuming their board shakes out like that).

Maybe they trade down though.
My post from 4/11/2020 “Put Lamb out there and let the opposing DC try to figure out how to cover Hopkins, Fitz & Lamb. Nobody’s that deep.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cardinals just traded for DeAndre Hopkins, still had Fitz who had a good year and Kirk who showed promise. And people will tell you they still should have drafted Lamb.

Keenan Allen is 32 and on a 1 year deal. Would be shortsighted to pass up on much higher rated player to take the next best defensive player just cause (assuming their board shakes out like that).

Maybe they trade down though.
Fitz was pretty much done. Keenan isn’t. And comparing kirk at that stage to dj moore isn’t reasonable. That’s a team that still needs a lot of help. You don’t draft third #1 receiver.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Fitz was pretty much done. Keenan isn’t. And comparing kirk at that stage to dj moore isn’t reasonable. That’s a team that still needs a lot of help. You don’t draft third #1 receiver.
I'd bet a pretty penny that Keenan Allen falls off a cliff any second.

That team could be in perfect shape to provide a top rookie QB with the best assets ever.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopkins would be the DJ Moore
Check the history of Wrs 32 and older.
I'd bet a pretty penny that Keenan Allen falls off a cliff any second.

That team could be in perfect shape to provide a top rookie QB with the best assets ever.
On a 1 year deal and 32 years old.

Julio was washed in his early 30s, AJ Green (Kyler gave him a slight resurgence at 33) , Calvin never really played into his 30s,

Fitz was actually rare. Maybe Keenan Allen is that. However, it would be very Cards..errr Bears they take Allen and pass up a young talented WR because Allen may have 2 years left.
Its why the Seahawks drafted a 1st round WR last year despite Metcalf and Lockett. Lockett is getting near that age where he could really fall off.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Athletic's new mock, which seems to have a ton of smoke around this very outcome right now:

Cardinals trade #4, #138, #162 to the Vikings and get #11, #23, #108, and a 2025 1st round pick.

Cardinals trade #11 and #71 to the Bears to take Rome Udunze WR at #9

#23 Cardinals take Jackson Powers-Johnson OL

#27 Cardinals take Darius Robinson DE

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Athletic's new mock, which seems to have a ton of smoke around this very outcome right now:

Cardinals trade #4, #138, #162 to the Vikings and get #11, #23, #108, and a 2025 1st round pick.

Id be fine with that except I would choose a different option at @23.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d actually be ok with that other than Robinson. Something about him just screams disappointment as a 1st rounder. If he was a 3rd rounder probably a great pick but seems like a reach due to available players at the position.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d actually be ok with that other than Robinson. Something about him just screams disappointment as a 1st rounder. If he was a 3rd rounder probably a great pick but seems like a reach due to available players at the position.

I kind of felt the same way with both picks. Here is who was available at that time:

OL: Amarius Mims
DE: Chop Robinson

OL: Tyler Guyton, Jordan Morgan
DL: Johnny Newton
CB: Kool Aide McKinstry

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this Chris!

I wouldn't kill myself over this deal, but I don't understand O-line at 23!

I feel it is a near certitude now. Way too much smoke. It's just how big it is going to be.

Hardly certain! :) This is more likely just a product of the recent stories about ARZ being willing to trade pick #4!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
A lot depends on what NE does. If Daniels doesn't go in the first 3 picks I could see the trade offers being soft and Monte taking MHJ which is not a bad decision.