2024 Free Agency thread

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me thinks a contract clause will be considered...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm pretty sure Josh Jacobs is the guy driving the ATV, not the one flipping off the motorcycle.

Edit: Yep, Jacobs confirms.

Yet if you Google "Josh Jacobs falls off motorbike", you'll find dozens of sources who repeated the claim, including NFL insiders and semi-legitimate news outlets. :facepalm:

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not a good look for Jacobs riding ATV's and pulling a bike.
The dude on the bike just as easily could have ran into the ATV flipped over onto him (with the bike possibly) and ruined his career. Even crazier things can happen than that.

Also, look at the pro-style job of connecting them. Imagine the lawsuit from his friend and/or his family.

You must be registered for see images attach

N

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a smidge better than Jones for more.

I think most of the NFL fan base outside Arizona said "Who they heck is Zach Allen and why are Denver paying him £15.25m a year" when they made the move last year.

In much the same way fans here said "Who is Justin Jones and why are we paying him $10m a year?".

People here think Allen is better than he is because he was one of ours.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm 90% confident that Snead will be nowhere as good in Tennessee than he was for the Chiefs.

50/50 people will look back on this trade and contract and think it was poor value.

The history of corners moving teams and performing at the same level is very mixed. Chavarius Ward is the only guy I can think of recently that was good for the team he left and the one he joined. But he moved from a top 5 defense to a top 5 defense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm 90% confident that Snead will be nowhere as good in Tennessee than he was for the Chiefs.

50/50 people will look back on this trade and contract and think it was poor value.

The history of corners moving teams and performing at the same level is very mixed. Chavarius Ward is the only guy I can think of recently that was good for the team he left and the one he joined. But he moved from a top 5 defense to a top 5 defense.
Eh, you'd have liked it if the Cards did it. As you should. Where's the risk?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah - I hate the premise that it takes 3 years to build a team - many NFL teams change very quickly. People here appear to be all in on a 4 year plan. Monti better be a hell of a drafter - so far the results from one year are very mixed.
You’re correct in that you can flip a team pretty quickly. The Cardinals have done that in the past a few times in my long fandom. But, in every instance, the flip was unsustainable. The main focus of MB/MO/JG is creating sustainable success. It’s a “process” that has to be painstakingly adhered to throughout. Give Michael some credit here. This franchise has never even attempted this process. And I do mean NEVER.

Moving forward, the draft will take precedence over FA, certain positions will take precedence over others, and this team will be built from the inside out. And the new scouting department has a whole new set of standards on how they will evaluate talent. Will it work? Time will tell. Once this process has a foundation, bumps in the road won’t result in having to start from scratch all over again. And that starting all over again had become a trademark of the Bidwill family ownership. That has to stop. Let‘s hope MB has the intestinal fortitude to stay the course.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah - I hate the premise that it takes 3 years to build a team - many NFL teams change very quickly. People here appear to be all in on a 4 year plan. Monti better be a hell of a drafter - so far the results from one year are very mixed.
What I would point out is that a lot of teams that turn it around quickly had a much stronger core of players than the Cardinals do.

Look at the Rams turnaround with McVay. They had Aaron Donald on defense. That's a huge bedrock to build a team around.

The Seahawks took years to turn it around, but they did it the right way and had over a decade of success this way.

And Shanahan didn't turn the Niners around overnight either and they hurt their core through the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re correct in that you can flip a team pretty quickly. The Cardinals have done that in the past a few times in my long fandom. But, in every instance, the flip was unsustainable. The main focus of MB/MO/JG is creating sustainable success. It’s a “process” that has to be painstakingly adhered to throughout. Give Michael some credit here. This franchise has never even attempted this process. And I do mean NEVER.

Moving forward, the draft will take precedence over FA, certain positions will take precedence over others, and this team will be built from the inside out. And the new scouting department has a whole new set of standards on how they will evaluate talent. Will it work? Time will tell. Once this process has a foundation, bumps in the road won’t result in having to start from scratch all over again. And that starting all over again had become a trademark of the Bidwill family ownership. That has to stop. Let‘s hope MB has the intestinal fortitude to stay the course.
Meh a rebuild is a rebuild. Different teams have different success with different philosophies. The only thing that will count here is:

1. Can monti effectively identify talent
2. Can monti and team acquire talent (this is not the same as #1)
3. Can team retain talent
4. Can gannon and his team develop talent
5. Can gannon and team coach well
6. Injuries
7. Managing the cap effectively

This isn’t rocket science. Each of those is simple conceptually but difficult (or lucky as regards injuries) in practice. A confluence of all 7 gives you sustained success. Not anything we are doing differently this time around.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, you'd have liked it if the Cards did it. As you should. Where's the risk?

I said in the last 2 weeks I wasn't interested.

Firstly CB values are dropping. Alexander and Ward still lead the market and they signed deals 2 years ago. Teams are playing a lot of 2 high and aDots are dropping. Do paying $20m per doesn't interest me.

Second, I'm wary of CBs coming out of a great defensive scheme that have only known that scheme. Same for CBs coming out of the Pats in the past.

I wouldn't complain if we traded for him but I would have been concerned. I'd rather spend that money on Reddick and role out a middling CB than vice versa.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson