Trade speculation: Justin Jefferson to Arizona Cardinals

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cap will probably be over $300 million when that kind of extension kicks in. It might be a bargain if he lives up to the hype!
OTC was actually closer to predicting the rise in this year's cap a few years back. MHJ would kick in after 2027. So good first megadeal could be with a $350 million cap. Again, if he lives up to the hype.

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could extend in 2027. Kyler's extension kicks in this year.
Yup, he sure can. And like with Kyler, the 5th year was pretty cheap at a $16 million vs. the $29 million option it would had been had they not extended him. 2027 would be MHJ 4th year, so I'd expect 2028 is when the big money would kick in. But they could go a year early too depending on the cap situation

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jefferson isn't going anywhere:

Jefferson is in line to leapfrog Tyreek Hill's $30 million per year contract and could surpass Nick Bosa's $34 million per year as the highest-paid non-QB. The Vikings have no qualms about admitting Jefferson is worth a shipload of cash.
"We've said it, and we'll continue to say it: We think he's the best wide receiver in the league and should be compensated as such," Adofo-Mensa said. "We think he's one of the best non-quarterbacks in the league and should be compensated as such. We'll continue to have those dialogues and those conversations."

Adofo-Mensa dismissed the idea that the Vikings could do what the club did with Stefon Diggs and trade Jefferson rather than pay his hefty price tag.

"That's not something that's once crossed my mind," the GM said on Tuesday. "You got a blue(chip) player, a blue(chip) person. You try to keep as many of those as you can."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
#4/#27 for Jefferson/#11 (if MHJ is gone)

We’d be in position to take the best defensive player in the draft or possibly the 3/4th best tackle at #11 and still have four day 2 picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yup, he sure can. And like with Kyler, the 5th year was pretty cheap at a $16 million vs. the $29 million option it would had been had they not extended him. 2027 would be MHJ 4th year, so I'd expect 2028 is when the big money would kick in. But they could go a year early too depending on the cap situation
It'll be fascinating to see how the WR extension market looks for the 2021 draft class. Chase, Waddle, and Smith are all eligible for new deals. Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, and Aiyuk are entering their fifth-year option seasons with pretty big guarnatees (Aiyuk is $14.1 million, Jefferson is $19.7 million, and Lamb is $17.9 million).

Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams both got mega-deals on their third contracts.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be fascinating to see how the WR extension market looks for the 2021 draft class. Chase, Waddle, and Smith are all eligible for new deals. Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, and Aiyuk are entering their fifth-year option seasons with pretty big guarnatees (Aiyuk is $14.1 million, Jefferson is $19.7 million, and Lamb is $17.9 million).

Overated!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't realize it was that many! Wow! It'll be fun to watch!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiyuk would be real nice in Cardinal red
He might be difficult to keep next year. As of right now, thr 49ers are $25 million under the 2025 cap and are $5 million over this year. They will need to be super careful to not eat into next year with this year, especially with a Purdy extension most likely happening next off season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This team is way too devoid of talent (also one of the biggest gripes of at least two touting this) to just give away two first round picks in the next two drafts. When you’re likely to get someone almost his equal anyway.
What about #27 and #35 this year and 2025 2nd?

Can trade down from #4 and recoup another 1st and/or more and still address the main needs for 2024.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe they need more ammo to make this move, if valid...and thus dangling Jefferson.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
He might be difficult to keep next year. As of right now, thr 49ers are $25 million under the 2025 cap and are $5 million over this year. They will need to be super careful to not eat into next year with this year, especially with a Purdy extension most likely happening next off season.
i still am suspicious they commit to Purdy long term but yes totally agree otherwise

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about #27 and #35 this year and 2025 2nd?

Can trade down from #4 and recoup another 1st and/or more and still address the main needs for 2024.

The problem is the Vikings are specifically looking at moving up to the top of the draft so they wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see JJ wanting out.

Currently he is going to have Kirk Cousins, Jaren Hall, or Josh Dobbs tossing him passes...

The grass might seem greener in another city.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect one either, but it's not 100%. I wouldn't expect MHJ not to be great too, but also not 100%.

Imagine trading all that and paying $30m a year to get Jefferson and drafting Alt at #4. Only for MHJ to go have a 1300 rookie season. We'd look like *********.

Anyway, I think this is bogus. Monti just said he wants to build through the draft.
Rich people problems BC. If Alt and JJ, (plus a stud at 27?!) could deliver what we've been thirsting for. I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could see JJ wanting out.

Currently he is going to have Kirk Cousins, Jaren Hall, or Josh Dobbs tossing him passes...

The grass might seem greener in another city.

Last I checked, that guy Cousins throws a nice ball, and recent videos show he's well on his way to being available in game one.