2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh, idk, I thought Will Johnson(future 1st rounder) was holding on for dear life at least 3 separate times. “Didn’t have a stellar game” is being extremely generous. Penix was comically bad.
I think the point is he's now a trade back guy (or a trade up guy). Me and others wanted to be wowed into taking him at 4.

No one is saying it was Quentin Johnson against Georgia...thankfully..

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think the point is he's now a trade back guy (or a trade up guy). Me and others wanted to be wowed into taking him at 4.

No one is saying it was Quentin Johnson against Georgia...thankfully..

4 seems high for Nabers and Odunze IMO.

It's MHJ or LT at #4
or
slide trade down for more picks and Nabers/Odunze.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
4 seems high for Nabers and Odunze IMO.

It's MHJ or LT at #4
or
slide trade down for more picks and Nabers/Odunze.
Really depends on how far we have to slide down.

Now I personally dont see Odunze as a lock top 10 pick. However, if we're sold on him then the Jets at 10 make a lot of sense if they finally want to get a high potential LT.

In terms of Nabors its tough as I can see the Giants, Titans or Chargers taking him. However 7 is about as low as I think he goes. Especially if he crushes the combine.

Maybe a small trade back with Giants if they plan on reshuffling their Oline.

Last edited:

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thoughts on last night:

Odunze - was wide open quite a bit more than the stats would indicate.

McCarthy- delivered when it mattered in crunch time with some big runs. Oline kept him pretty clean but his receivers are nowhere near the caliber of Washington’s.

Fautanu - definitely a guard.

Westover - wouldn’t mind a guy like him late in the draft or as an UDFA.

Jenkins - looked pretty good from what I saw. Wouldn’t mind if one of our 3rds was used on him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But I bet you were impressed by MHJ's 3-32 game against Notre Dame? Or his 4-25 game against Rutgers?

My point is that receivers sometimes don't put up huge numbers and it's ok.

I love Odunze's size and the fact he still can get separation at that size.
I didn’t watch those games, so I didn’t comment on them. That’s how firsthand observation works.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought this was always the case? No one here was advocating taking him with our 4th overall pick, which I thought it was weird you compared him to MHJR in your earlier post cause everyone know Rome isn’t on MHJR’s level.
But people were saying in a draft without MHJ he would be a normal best receiver available. Some of us just didn’t see anything special last night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If 84 yards is disappearing, sign me up!
I never said he “disappeared.” That’s twice you’ve put words in my mouth in an attempt to start an argument with me. I stated my opinion based on my observation with him. You’ll have to live with that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t show me anything special. In what’s been a high powered offense he didn’t consistently get open, when he got the ball he didn’t show me twitchiness, and generally he was kind of a nonfactor. And I say that full in the knowledge that Penix didn’t have a stellar game. On the biggest stage I didn’t come away thinking “man I’ll be excited if we have to ‘settle’ for that guy if we don’t get MHJ.”

Just my personal takeaway.

I thought Rome was wide open several times. He did a great job of finding the open grass. Penix just failed to get him the ball. Penix just played himself out of the 1st and 2nd round with that showing. Very disappointing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought Rome was wide open several times. He did a great job of finding the open grass. Penix just failed to get him the ball. Penix just played himself out of the 1st and 2nd round with that showing. Very disappointing.
There were definitely a couple of times they showed him open with Penix missing him. But again my thought was when given the opportunity to make a play he did what I’d expect of any receiver and didn’t wow me. I’d expect “the best receiver in a draft without MHJ” to give me at least one wow moment.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I bet you were impressed by MHJ's 3-32 game against Notre Dame? Or his 4-25 game against Rutgers?

My point is that receivers sometimes don't put up huge numbers and it's ok.

I love Odunze's size and the fact he still can get separation at that size.
I love his contested catches.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There were definitely a couple of times they showed him open with Penix missing him. But again my thought was when given the opportunity to make a play he did what I’d expect of any receiver and didn’t wow me. I’d expect “the best receiver in a draft without MHJ” to give me at least one wow moment.
Receivers are so dependent on QB play though. If Pennix delivers those strikes, Odunze has massive game.

I was really disappointed in Polk. He dropped a few that Washington really needed. You do have to credit Michigan's defense, however. They were hitting receivers right as the ball arrived.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought Odunze played pretty well last night all things considered. Penix didn't play well, and its hard to blame a WR when the QB is having a rough game.

Odunze got open, made some contested catches (even though some were called back) and was just missed several times. I would be more than happy with with in the 15+ range. I dont know that he is a "top 10" type of WR...but he might be. The only one I know is in that range is MHJ...I have questions about Nabers, Odunze, and Coleman...but that doesnt mean all 4 of them dont go top 15 in April.

Someone posted a draft chart yesterday that listed Texan's Pick + #35 having the same value as #10 overall. If that is even close to reality, then we certainly have the ammo to make sure we get both a starting OT and a starting WR if thats the directions were leaning.

Scenario 1 - Take MHJ and then trade up for Fashanu or Latham

Scenario 2 - Take Alt and trade up for Nabers/Odunze/Coleman.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Odunze played pretty well last night all things considered. Penix didn't play well, and its hard to blame a WR when the QB is having a rough game.

Odunze got open, made some contested catches (even though some were called back) and was just missed several times. I would be more than happy with with in the 15+ range. I dont know that he is a "top 10" type of WR...but he might be. The only one I know is in that range is MHJ...I have questions about Nabers, Odunze, and Coleman...but that doesnt mean all 4 of them dont go top 15 in April.

Someone posted a draft chart yesterday that listed Texan's Pick + #35 having the same value as #10 overall. If that is even close to reality, then we certainly have the ammo to make sure we get both a starting OT and a starting WR if thats the directions were leaning.

I just don’t think MO is going to draft another OT with that first pick. I believe the plan is PJJ would eventually be our LT. Now with DJ’s injury maybe sooner than later.
I think a free agent RT would be more likely. I think our second pick will be defense. If MHJ is gone I see us trading down, but not too far. There will be a team hungry for one of those tackles.
Just don’t trade past the Bears second first round pick. If the pick a QB I think they will pounce on Odunze with the 9 th pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if both OT's and Harrison are gone - we trade down.
You think both OTs AND MHJ will be gone in the first 3 picks? That would mean 0 QBs taken.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here you go. The Texans pick with the Cardinals 2nd would equate to the #11 pick according to the draft value chart which isn't set in stone:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Monti's à la carte dreams ended with the Humphries injury - not only does he need a #1 WR and a LG on offense he now also needs a LT as well unless you think we're moving Paris over

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

nah man no way.. none of those guys are worth 21 and 35.

scenario 1=Take MHJ, Jared Verse, and Amarius Mims/Best OT
scenario 2-Take Joe Alt,Verse, and Brenden Rice/Best WR

either of these scenarios is going to help our team more. its not even worth giving up that 35 to trade up a slot to get MHJ

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Here you go. The Texans pick with the Cardinals 2nd would equate to the #11 pick according to the draft value chart which isn't set in stone:

You must be registered for see images attach
According to this chart its worth #9! More than enough to put us in a spot to get Nabers or Odunze...I dont see three Wr's going top 10..but you never know.

The other intriguing option I see is using #66, #71, and #85 to get us back into the late 1st round to take a player at position where we would really like to have that 5th year option...maybe CB or Edge?

Those are expensive positions that can be a huge boon if you get them cost controlled for 5 years. If someone like Verse falls into the low 20's, I would trade up to get him.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
nah man no way.. none of those guys are worth 21 and 35.

scenario 1=Take MHJ, Jared Verse, and Amarius Mims/Best OT
scenario 2-Take Joe Alt,Verse, and Brenden Rice/Best WR

either of these scenarios is going to help our team more. its not even worth giving up that 35 to trade up a slot to get MHJ
You're assuming Verse makes it to #21...which I doubt. He's the best edge in this class. Your also assuming Mims makes it to #35, which is possible with injury history, but I would say unlikely.

If you dont think Nabers or Odunze are worth 21 + 35...then there is no way Brenden Rice is worth #35.

Odunze has almost double the career catches and yards as Rice in less games played.

Id take Rice in the 3rd, but no was Im taking him at #35 overall.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You're assuming Verse makes it to #21...which I doubt. He's the best edge in this class. Your also assuming Mims makes it to #35, which is possible with injury history, but I would say unlikely.

If you dont think Nabers or Odunze are worth 21 + 35...then there is no way Brenden Rice is worth #35.

Odunze has almost double the career catches and yards as Rice in less games played.

Id take Rice in the 3rd, but no was Im taking him at #35 overall.
Verse is just a name...could be any DL guy there...same as Mims.. or Rice... but there are players at those spots who will start from day 1 for this team.
But you should keep your eyes on Brenden Rice... traits, attitude, system...all more important than catches and yards in regards to how a guy relates to the nfl...Rice took the portal to SC, played with Caleb....Williams isnt the best QB for a guy whose strength is running routes...he likely doubles his numbers had he gone to a school with a traditional drop back passer. Rice is considered a round 3 pick now...but he wont be come april

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard