2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
A team in the teens is going to get an elite TE from day one.
Daniel Jeremiah (IIRC) had a take on Bowers:

he is undersized NFL-wise for the TE position. He was a good but not great blocker in college.

So he isnt likely to be a good inline TE but rather a move TE -- to the point where defenses may treat him like another WR -- which negates some of his advantage. So there is a question on how his game would translate to the NFL

the point of all that was DJ saying it wouldnt surprise him if Bowers dropped-- not out of the 1st round but out of the top 10

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Furthers the notion that Odunze is very comfortable with physicality. If he tests well he could take the #2 WR spot.

Troy Franklin ahead of Keon Coleman is interesting (as well as Keon being so low in general).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Come on guys, the only day 1/day 2 pick we can afford to spend on offense is for the WR position, and that’s to secure a WR1.

we desperately, desperately need defensive talent way more than another TE or T.

If The Captain is done, Move PJ to LT, and then get a RT in FA.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of scouts do as well. Alt is just a monster and Fashanu struggled at times.

Alts comp is a bigger, stronger Jake Matthews. I'd take that player.
I think Fashanu is more athletic but it seems a lot of OL players from college are struggling more with the physical aspect of the transition than the athletic part.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
get a RT in FA

Look at who's likely to be available and tell us who you want.

I think Fashanu is more athletic but it seems a lot of OL players from college are struggling more with the physical aspect of the transition than the athletic part.

Joe Alt has a pedigree though. Played TE through high school. Like my guy Eric Fisher.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Alt returned to college for his age 21 season he’d be entering 2024-25’ as one of the greatest tackle prospects in a long time. He’ll probably get overpowered at times as a rookie but you fast forward 3-4 years down the road and he projects to be all pro. I don’t think anyone would hate the pick in real time but he could have some underwhelming moments year one. He’s building up in weight not down.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Alt returned to college for his age 21 season he’d be entering 2024-25’ as one of the greatest tackle prospects in a long time. He’ll probably get overpowered at times as a rookie but you fast forward 3-4 years down the road and he projects to be all pro. I don’t think anyone would hate the pick in real time but he could have some underwhelming moments year one. He’s building up in weight not down.
Folks underestimate the importance of the natural physical maturity these guys go through between 21 and 25 or so.
That's why I would always select the younger guy with similar production. A 20 year old pass rusher with 8 sacks in the SEC is a much better prospect than a 23 year old with 10 against the same competition... and a 21 year old that shut down everybody is a really good OT prospect