2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
He has as much talent as the top 3 guys, maybe more. The issue is 2 ACL tears. When you get one there’s a 15% chance of doing it again. I can find no stats on players with 2 tears. They rarely continue to compete. I think he still goes top 12. Teams are just worried about a catastrophic cash & cap loss.
His age is also a factor. He turns 24 a couple of weeks after the draft

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing we gotta remember JG and Monti want high characters guys. Would be deciding factor in whose drafted.
I remember back in the dark ages that Bidwill Sr loved “high character guys” and we complained we drafter the choir boys who lacked the talent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Total QBR the last 5 games

18 (2 dropped TDs vs Browns)

He's been really good in 4 out of the 5 games.
I wouldn't call 65 QBR "really good". It's above average (50) for sure, but the low TD average and a TO per game isnt good at all for a modern QB.

Couple that with less running which is what made him interesting and Fields is a below replacement starter.

The Bears collective brain trust will probably stick with him though. They seem to like him. My guess is they sign him to an extension and then 2 years down the road start really regretting it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't call 65 QBR "really good". It's above average (50) for sure, but the low TD average and a TO per game isnt good at all for a modern QB.

Couple that with less running which is what made him interesting and Fields is a below replacement starter.

The Bears collective brain trust will probably stick with him though. They seem to like him. My guess is they sign him to an extension and then 2 years down the road start really regretting it.
He's been better than Kyler recently.

And its all relative. Lamar Jackson QBR is 65.3 on the year which is 4th on the year. So recently he's been very productive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
And its all relative. Lamar Jackson QBR is 65.3 on the year which is 4th on the year. So recently he's been very productive.

Total QBR for 2024

You must be registered for see images attach

Kyler

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Total QBR for 2024

Kyler

Yep. K1's worst year. Technically wasnt this bad with washed AJ Green.

Its why I say if we are NOT going to get Marvin then we unnecessarily did damage to Kyler's rep and value in the league by letting Hopkins go.

Cause I'd rather Kyler have over 500 record, better stats and just better overall play. Then take Odunze at 9 (would have said Latham but ehhhh.)

Not kinda mid or subpar outside of a bad Eagles defense and people still kinda doubting him going into 2024.

It is what it is though. Need the Pats to win, lose to the Seahawks (hopefully Kyler isnt bad though) and secure Marvin.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember back in the dark ages that Bidwill Sr loved “high character guys” and we complained we drafter the choir boys who lacked the talent.
Different definition of high character guy between BB and MOJG. BB’s definition is someone who is a literal choir boy & MOJG’s definition is someone who puts team above “me”, and ABSOLUTELY LOVES football. Huge difference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's been better than Kyler recently.
Yeah he has a better supporting cast and isn't coming off a missed season.

Kyler owns Fields on career numbers and it isn't even close.
Efficiency stats only matter so much. He has a 5:5 TD to TO ratio. Over the course of the season that's not a good QB.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he has a better supporting cast and isn't coming off a missed season.

Kyler owns Fields on career numbers and it isn't even close.

Efficiency stats only matter so much. He has a 5:5 TD to TO ratio. Over the course of the season that's not a good QB.
Kyler owns Fields in terms of 1st 3 years in the league.

Could argue Fields has been the better player the last two years. And what Kyler is dealing with now is what Fields dealt with his 1st two years in the league. Claypool isnt even playable in Miami.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Other than an injury history, I don't get the lack of hype for Penix. When at Indiana, INDIANA, he beat Michigan, Penn St. and had OSU on the ropes throwing for 491 yards against them. The guy can play the position. He has arm strength, accuracy and touch too. I'm taking him over Daniels very day. Plus he's 6'3 218 so size isn't an issue. Maybe being lefthanded is a small hinderance.
But those injuries loom large imo.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His age is also a factor. He turns 24 a couple of weeks after the draft
There was this other Washington QB, his name was Warren Moon, who didn't play in the NFL until he was 27 years old.

I don't think that the age of 24 is really a problem. Great QBs play into their late 30's even 40's.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There was this other Washington QB, his name was Warren Moon, who didn't play in the NFL until he was 27 years old.

I don't think that the age of 24 is really a problem. Great QBs play into their late 30's even 40's.
This example from literally 40 years ago is both timely and relevant.

It's a perceived problem for a high pick because you're likely to get less mileage out of them on the back end and they probably have less growth potential on the front end.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

It's a perceived problem for a high pick because you're likely to get less mileage out of them on the back end and they probably have less growth potential on the front end.
yeah... but Brandon weeden was a first round pick at 28 and wasnt near the QB ...granted, at pick 22 and not top 5

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think age is less of a concern at that position compared to others.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
yeah... but Brandon weeden was a first round pick at 28 and wasnt near the QB ...granted, at pick 22 and not top 5
Weeden left football for several years, though. I'll take the older kid who's age is a factor due to injuries vs the older kid who's age is a fact because he left the sport.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Weeden left football for several years, though. I'll take the older kid who's age is a factor due to injuries vs the older kid who's age is a fact because he left the sport.
right... point being, his age didnt keep him from being a first round pick

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. It's the combination of injuries along with his delivery that is going to prevent him from being in the top 10. That said, he is probably QB 4 for a lot of teams which is a nice spot. I would think several teams would be happy to see him available in round 2.
I'd be shocked if he fell to round 2. I could see him in the 20s with teams trading up to the 1st round to secure that extra year.

Reactions: PJ1

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

No argument here. I'd still take him in a heartbeat for a team that needs a qb.

However, nfl gms can be picky over the smallest things so they could feel they lose value by picking a 24 year old instead of a 22 year old. It's dumb paralysis by analysis but its something that exists.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he fell to round 2. I could see him in the 20s with teams trading up to the 1st round to secure that extra year.
How many of these QB-hungry teams are left?

Teams with established starters: MIA, BUF, BAL, CIN, KC, LAC, PHI, SF,
Teams with young players they're invested in: HOU, JAX, GB, CAR, ARI
Teams with aging starters/near free agency: DAL, NYJ, DET, LAR
Teams looking to open things up: PIT, DEN, LVR, NYG, WAS, CHI, NO, ATL, SEA, TEN
Teams with dire QB needs: NEP, MIN, TB (today)

Any team in the bottom three tiers could invest a first-rounder in a QB.