OT: Chicago Bears trading the #1 overall pick

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this QB class isnt that great. I wonder if they could get more for Fields than the #1 pick.

Even though he hasnt been a superstar, he is already 2 years into his deal, and he puts up huge fantasy numbers. That means if the trend with young QB's continues, they will be talking about extending him for big money after the 23 season...24 at the latest.

If you could get a good haul for Fields, you can reset your timeline

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this QB class isnt that great. I wonder if they could get more for Fields than the #1 pick.

Even though he hasnt been a superstar, he is already 2 years into his deal, and he puts up huge fantasy numbers. That means if the trend with young QB's continues, they will be talking about extending him for big money after the 23 season...24 at the latest.

If you could get a good haul for Fields, you can reset your timeline
A haul for fields lol
At today he is worth a 3rd round pick

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fields hasn't been terrible, but they have one of the worst rosters in the league and he's on a rookie contract. They can't spend a premium on another QB that isn't "generational" nor can they take the best defensive player in the draft.
He hasn't been terrible? I'd say a QB who can't throw is terrible.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is smoke so teams don't trade with the Bears. You don't take the top QB in the draft and sit him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His rookie year was rough, but his second year was a lot better. He actually has a decent arm but he has absolutely no supporting cast and hands down the worst roster in the league. If you watch his games you'll know what I'm taking about, otherwise you just are regurgitating his year 1 or only reading base stats. He took a pretty huge step up from his rookie year in his composure, etc. That's also completely ignoring his running ability as well, of course.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have on idea how good Monti is at drafting, or trading, but it seems to me that Arizona is in great shape sitting at #3. Also, while I don't know how strong this year's draft class is, I wouldn't be surprised if we come away with five top 100 picks. Mark me down as excited!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We fans of the red birds for years know all about qb's who can't throw! Living in Chicago I have seen a lot of him in his 25 games starting. If I were making the decisions, he has to be given a fair chance with legit OL and real WR's before I cut bait. He surely has not experienced that. Bears are loaded with money to spend on FA's and picking number one and trading it can load up with some goodies!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Fields hasn't shown any ability to throw and I doubt surrounding him with talent will change that. And I hope that proves out and keeps Chi-town stinking, because it'll help us in the long run.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder if this is smoke so teams don't trade with the Bears. You don't take the top QB in the draft and sit him.

This is outdated thinking. You do whatever it takes to make the top QB work. If that means having him sit and learn until he is ready or the team is out of contention, you do it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Called this a month ago. Carrapolo to the Texans to follow Ryans

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is outdated thinking. You do whatever it takes to make the top QB work. If that means having him sit and learn until he is ready or the team is out of contention, you do it.
Not with how beneficial the rookie contract is.

The QB either has it, or don’t.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not with how beneficial the rookie contract is.

The QB either has it, or don’t.
Meh.

Nathan Peterman started game 1 for Buffalo in Josh Allen's rookie year.

Alex Smith started game 1 for KC in Mahomes rookie year.

Joe Flacco started game 1 for Baltimore in Lamar's rookie year.

Tyrod Taylor started week 1 for San Diego in Herbert's rookie year.

Joe Burrow started week 1 for Cincy.

There isn't a defined path other than most guys who stick will force their way onto the field in year 1 one way or another.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh.

Nathan Peterman started game 1 for Buffalo in Josh Allen's rookie year.

Alex Smith started game 1 for KC in Mahomes rookie year.

Joe Flacco started game 1 for Baltimore in Lamar's rookie year.

Tyrod Taylor started week 1 for San Diego in Herbert's rookie year.

Joe Burrow started week 1 for Cincy.

There isn't a defined path other than most guys who stick will force their way onto the field in year 1 one way or another.
All of these guys had it.

Sitting your rookie QB just wasted everyone’s time, imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson