OT: The 2023 NFL draft combine thread.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We’ll see by this time next year.

Fields was supposed to be maybe an inch behind Trevor Lawrence as a prospect until he was the 4th QB drafted in his own class.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the same happened to either of them.
Pretty much every Ohio State will be downgraded until one pans out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think an offensive head coach, maybe someone like Reich with a QB background is going to look at the physical tools and think they can fix the issues.

A lot of his problems are mechanics so they may be right.
Few QBs ever markedly increase their accuracy though.

Josh Allen is an extreme outliers.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I feel the need to shill more for Deuce Vaughn, dude posted 1400+ yards rushing in both of his last two seasons along with 400 yards receiving each year. He has some of the most jaw dropping highlights for any running back and watching K-State he was a consistent standout every game. Amazing hands, vision and a fearless straight line runner between the tackles. Measuring in today at 5'5, he is the shortest player ever measured at the combine.

His cuts are insane and I swear defenders cannot see him behind the line because DTs can't seem to grab him even though he's going straight up the gut. All he has to do is make one man miss and he's gone. The safety has no chance at getting his hands on him. He was in the Big 12 and posted great performances against Alabama and LSU as well. No one was able to shut him down his last two years in college.

He's currently projected as a 4th or 5th round pick and I think that's a steal. If Kyler's ACL recovers, option plays with Deuce would cause so much stress to linebackers. I want him so bad and we really need a scat back. He may be short but he is thick and doesn't have a significant injury history.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I feel the need to shill more for Deuce Vaughn, dude posted 1400+ yards rushing in both of his last two seasons along with 400 yards receiving each year. He has some of the most jaw dropping highlights for any running back and watching K-State he was a consistent standout every game. Amazing hands, vision and a fearless straight line runner between the tackles. Measuring in today at 5'5, he is the shortest player ever measured at the combine.

His cuts are insane and I swear defenders cannot see him behind the line because DTs can't seem to grab him even though he's going straight up the gut. All he has to do is make one man miss and he's gone. The safety has no chance at getting their hands on him. He was in the Big 12 and posted great performances against Alabama and LSU as well. No one was able to shut him down his last two years in college.

He's currently projected as a 4th or 5th round pick and I think that's a steal. If Kyler's ACL recovers, option plays with Deuce would cause so much stress to linebackers. I want him so bad and we really need a scat back. He may be short but he is thick and doesn't have a significant injury history.
Yeah, i was looking at him thinking we could install a sneak-a-boo package, lol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

His cuts are insane and I swear defenders cannot see him behind the line because DTs can't seem to grab him even though he's going straight up the gut. All he has to do is make one man miss and he's gone. The safety has no chance at getting his hands on him. He was in the Big 12 and posted great performances against Alabama and LSU as well. No one was able to shut him down his last two years in college.

His acceleration is something else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Few QBs ever markedly increase their accuracy though.

Josh Allen is an extreme outliers.

I think it depends on the reason why. If a QB already has good mechanics then it's unlikely but Richardson has some obvious issues. Especially feet. He's all upper body.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's small but we already knew that. Plays much bigger on tape.

Normally I'd be out on his size but not this time. Very good player.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How can you measure people wrong?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I love Vaughn, pick him in every mock I do.

These kids would be a good late round picks to go with Vaughn:
Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Minnesota
or
Hunter Luepke, RB, North Dakota State

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it depends on the reason why. If a QB already has good mechanics then it's unlikely but Richardson has some obvious issues. Especially feet. He's all upper body.
A QB with accuracy issues never has good mechanics.

Don't trick yourself into thinking that raising a 53% completion is easy. Even if he raises is 10 points, it's still below average.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems everything you’re posting is saying unavailable I wonder why? Did they delete them?
It isn't just him, it is Ronin too. It is either a Twitter thing, or the message board acting up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson