OT: The 2023 NFL draft combine thread.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok so I'm not the only one who knows about him.
You do realize that most of us here are familiar with guys like University of Alabama Birmingham RB DeWayne McBride?

Anthony Richardson was the starting QB at Florida and was highly hyped going into the 2022 season. He's a very well known player.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He will go top 10…. Possibly top 5.
he should give Josh Allen 10% of his signing bonus if he does

Allen made drafting the elite physical specimen with good but no elite actual QB stats acceptable

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i will go even further Galaxy braining:

by getting an additional first in 2024, it gives the Cards assets to draft (another) franchise QB if Monti/ JG conclude after a year that Kyler isnt salvageable
And two guys (Drake Maye and Caleb Williams) who are way better prospects than this years crop.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Allen made drafting the elite physical specimen with good but no elite actual QB stats acceptable
I wouldn't call Allen or Richardson's college stats "good".

Both put up pretty pedestrian numbers. ASU's transfer QB from Notre Dame put up better numbers. I'd argue Richardson's stats were actually quite terrible. 53% completion? What is this, 1984?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
by getting an additional first in 2024, it gives the Cards assets to draft (another) franchise QB if Monti/ JG conclude after a year that Kyler isnt salvageable
I mean, if Caleb & Maye are as great most say they are(they won’t be by this time next year, they’ll get nitpicked to death just like every other QB has in history), teams that are in prime position to pick super high, won’t trade away from them two because they’re going to draft them.

That’s why I find this whole “ammo/assets for next year” ordeal moot.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Allen or Richardson's college stats "good".

Both put up pretty pedestrian numbers. ASU's transfer QB from Notre Dame put up better numbers. I'd argue Richardson's stats were actually quite terrible. 53% completion? What is this, 1984?

All the things that made Allen go #7, his size, speed, arm etc Richardson has more of. And he's a better QB at the same stage.

The 9ers overdrafted Lance for the same reasons. So it wouldn't be a shock at all to see Richardson go high.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I mean, if Caleb & Maye are as great most say they are(they won’t be by this time next year, they’ll get nitpicked to death just like every other QB has in history), teams that are in prime position to pick super high, won’t trade away from them two because they’re going to draft them.

part of my assumption is that if the 2023 Cardinals win total over/under is somewhere around 6 --- a bad Kyler for 9 games or so probably means they go under

that will put them in the top 10 of next years draft.

Yes -- they could have enough teams in front of them to make trading up impossible, but it could also be similar to this year: team that just drafted their franchise QB this year has a top 2 pick as a result and is open to moving down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All the things that made Allen go #7, his size, speed, arm etc Richardson has more of. And he's a better QB at the same stage.

The 9ers overdrafted Lance for the same reasons. So it wouldn't be a shock at all to see Richardson go high.
I don't know if Richardson is actually a better QB.

If you remove the combine workout, Richardson is likely undraftable.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Can say the same for Young and Kyler.

this draft will give us a good idea what the nfl thinks about Murray... if they think kyler busted there is no way Young goes first round... however if he goes top 5, the NFL obviously has changed their mindset on quarterback stature.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
You do realize that most of us here are familiar with guys like University of Alabama Birmingham RB DeWayne McBride?

Anthony Richardson was the starting QB at Florida and was highly hyped going into the 2022 season. He's a very well known player.

I was being facetious

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this year's draft is going to look nothing like what people currently think.

Especially the top 15 or so.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think this year's draft is going to look nothing like what people currently think.

Especially the top 15 or so.
Lots of known unknowns.

I think Levis could go real high....or could fall.

Same with Richardson. Josh Allen put up crap numbers in college and Richardson's might be worse.

Wilson might even go number one...or he falls to 10.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The 2 picks can be used to trade up for Harrison jr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Both have size, arms, and can run.

Maye especially is a great prospect because it's not like he's had the supporting cast that Stroud or Young have had.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both have size, arms, and can run.

Maye especially is a great prospect because it's not like he's had the supporting cast that Stroud or Young have had.
We’ll see by this time next year.

Fields was supposed to be maybe an inch behind Trevor Lawrence as a prospect until he was the 4th QB drafted in his own class.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the same happened to either of them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of known unknowns.

I think Levis could go real high....or could fall.

Same with Richardson. Josh Allen put up crap numbers in college and Richardson's might be worse.

Wilson might even go number one...or he falls to 10.

I think an offensive head coach, maybe someone like Reich with a QB background is going to look at the physical tools and think they can fix the issues.

A lot of his problems are mechanics so they may be right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson