Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let’s run wild with this just for a second.

If it comes out that Keim knew… AND so did Bidwill, and they threw Kugler under the bus, pretty much fingering him for sexual harassment… would that be grounds for the league to push Jr. Out the door and sell? That would be a truly horrific not just cover-up but proactive move to destroy someone’s entire life to protect your buddy.
I would think so!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

If it comes out that Keim knew… AND so did Bidwill, and they threw Kugler under the bus, pretty much fingering him for sexual harassment… would that be grounds for the league to push Jr. Out the door and sell? That would be a truly horrific not just cover-up but proactive move to destroy someone’s entire life to protect your buddy.
This would be too good to be true

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the law firm of Shields Petitti representing Kugler, filed a request for arbitration.

The law firm's release calls the allegations made against their client as flat out false, and state that the Cardinals dismissed Kugler without a thorough investigation and without interviewing him about the alleged incident.

"The allegations against Coach Kugler are simply untrue and have caused Sean, his wife and family enormous personal and professional damage," stated Michael Petitti, Shields Petitti. "Coach and his family have been desperate to understand from the Cardinals front office and others what rationale or evidence was used to terminate him for cause."

Kugler's statement in the press release largely what you would expect in this type of situation, but take note of the part we've decided to bold.

"Respecting women is a core value for me, and something I have instilled in my children and the players that I coach," Coach Kugler stated. "The mysterious allegations by the Cardinals are untrue, and I want to clear my name. Be it a miscommunication or mistaken identity, my family and I will cooperate fully and honestly with the NFL, Cardinals, or any other agency to get to the truth in this matter and restore my reputation. There are incredible people that work in the game – from league level to my players, fellow coaches, and incredible support staff. I simply want to get back to doing what I love, and would like my family to have peace."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here's a scenario that is plausible: Keim is out with Kuggler and they're both getting oiled up. The groping happens and neither of them can remember what happened, so the finger get's pointed at Kuggler and he's in no condition to deny it, at the time.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
One for the lawyers - with this arbitration one assumes every second of footage filmed by HBO would be made available in discovery?
Oh, that's a great question. I wonder if that's why things were intentionally left off TV after it was 1st reported it would be shown.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
One for the lawyers - with this arbitration one assumes every second of footage filmed by HBO would be made available in discovery?
Here's one for the lawyers, regarding arbitration clauses in AZ. Even in article format I don't fully understand everything, like if he's claiming he wasn't fired with clause and the reason behind it, does that make the arbitration non-binding???

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's a scenario that is plausible: Keim is out with Kuggler and they're both getting oiled up. The groping happens and neither of them can remember what happened, so the finger get's pointed at Kuggler and he's in no condition to deny it, at the time.
Your desire to absolve the franchise of any malfeasance and/or ineptitude is truly remarkable.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

lets pump the breaks

That would be such a poorly thought-out scheme. The scheme relies on an innocent Sean Kugler going away quietly with his NFL career over and reputation in tatters. As has been proven, that was highly unlikely.

Mike B may not be a good football owner, but he is (was?) a lawyer and you generally think through stuff like that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
not a lawyer, but someone who has seen his (more than) fair share of employment arbitration proceedings:

discovery requests that arent agreed to between the two parties are presented to the arbitration panel who gets to decide.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
lets pump the breaks

That would be such a poorly thought-out scheme. The scheme relies on an innocent Sean Kugler going away quietly with his NFL career over and reputation in tatters. As has been proven, that was highly unlikely.

Mike B may not be a good football owner, but he is (was?) a lawyer and you generally think through stuff like that.
Keim is the GM,...I am sure Mike doesnt get too involved in hiring and firing lower level staff.
seems more likely the accusation came down with a description....and Keim knowingly let Keugler take the rap.
as a big bald white guy with a goatee for the past 25 years I can assure you we all look the same....as proven by the fact I was regularly asked for my autograph in Louisiana because people thought I was Stone Cold Steve Austin.... even though he is 4 inches taller than me and about 60 pounds lighter. very possible Keugs filed his arbitration, Mike read his lawyers statement, then looked at Keim and asked, "mistaken identity?? WTF does he mean by mistaken identity Steve?".... and the dam broke, Steve was on the spot....and once the truth was known Mike went into damage control mode.

its all good...they need to rip the bandaid off fast... I just desperately hope Mike looks outside for a replacement.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The NFL and the membership stood idly by while Daniel Snyder sex-trafficked his cheerleading squad. And they hate that dude.

The Bidwill family is widely loved by the membership. If you don't believe me, check out ESPN.com's long read on Daniel Snyder and how they closed ranks when Snyder started running his mouth about Glendale as a Super Bowl site.
Right - because the other owners love nice but non-competitive team players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson