Practice? We talking about practice for the week of 8/30/22

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Chopper0080 they said on the radio today that they put Sam Darnold on IR and he’s eligible to come back after week four. How come they couldn’t do the same for Hayes can you pull up something saying it was for the season? Is it something about the date in the calendar (when it was done)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
@Chopper0080 they said on the radio today that they put Sam Darnold on IR and he’s eligible to come back after week four. How come they couldn’t do the same for Hayes can you pull up something saying it was for the season? Is it something about the date in the calendar (when it was done)
Yes. They went over this on Cards Underground yesterday(?).

You have to be down to 53 at a certain time. If you go on IR before the initial 53 is finalized, you have to stay there for the year. If you're on the initial 53 you can be sent to IR and come off it one time.

Hayes apparently wasn't valuable enough to make the initial 53 but too valuable to expose to waivers.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ouch

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ive seen this happen so many times. My first day in a kitchen, I watched my prep guy try to muscle a 60Qt stock pot full of boiling liquid, slipped, dumped it all down the front of himself. Shock, hospital, skin grafts, was in the hospital for 8 weeks. No purpose fro that other than to share the anecdote. Burns suck.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a limited number they can bring back off IR, and I don't think they feel he is important enough to use one of those spots on would be my guess. Probably would rather him start fresh next year with a chance to win a starting job.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a limited number they can bring back off IR, and I don't think they feel he is important enough to use one of those spots on would be my guess. Probably would rather him start fresh next year with a chance to win a starting job.
Sorry but those limited numbers are wasted for Wesley and washington?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes. They went over this on Cards Underground yesterday(?).

You have to be down to 53 at a certain time. If you go on IR before the initial 53 is finalized, you have to stay there for the year. If you're on the initial 53 you can be sent to IR and come off it one time.

Hayes apparently wasn't valuable enough to make the initial 53 but too valuable to expose to waivers.
From my understanding this is accurate

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welp. We'll find out about Andy soon enough (or Dortch). Surprised they didnt move Bolden up to the active roster. @Chopper0080
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media