Suns Off-season Thread

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was a little scared we brought back Damian Jones when I saw that initially. The big dud we brought into the season 2 years ago before we got Frank back. He's bounced around the league since then as an end of the bench big. We definitely need better than that, even as a 3rd stringer.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was a little scared we brought back Damian Jones when I saw that initially. The big dud we brought into the season 2 years ago before we got Frank back. He's bounced around the league since then as an end of the bench big. We definitely need better than that, even as a 3rd stringer.

It seemed he was playing alright for Sacramento last season. The dude can dunk.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like a Suns fan already made a video.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This dude is no more of an athlete than Shamet is. Total meh signing.
Shamet was sneakily athletic and had some driving dunks in the playoffs that unfortunately couldn't even resuscitation the walking dead Suns.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, I guess the best part of this is maybe reading the tea leaves that his addition is another sign of an impending Durant trade that will include current bench pieces.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The signing feels a lot like the Suns filling out their roster with a player who played in a good system.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Shamet replacement, perhaps? He can't marry Monty's daughter though since he's married to Dell Curry's daughter already.
He can always get a divorce... I mean now that he no longer needs to be Steph's brother-in-law to keep his roster spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to an Arizona Sports article about the deal.

I don't see Damian Lee as a replacement for Aaron Holiday as the article mentions. Holiday is more of a smaller combo guard.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm, he looks decent for a min player. Nothing great, but somebody we can get away with to take the Shamet minutes I think. One positive is he looks like a good rebounder for his size.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to an Arizona Sports article about the deal.

I don't see Damian Lee as a replacement for Aaron Holiday as the article mentions. Holiday is more of a smaller combo guard.

Weird signing. He isn’t better than Shamet and he is a SG. So are the Suns moving Shamet? Even if they do? Uninspired signing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird signing. He isn’t better than Shamet and he is a SG. So are the Suns moving Shamet? Even if they do? Uninspired signing.

Maybe this portends good things to come as Lee is the Suns first free agent signing this off season. It could mean the Suns are filling out the rest of their roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck are you expecting for the minimum?
Just saying he’s not someone who upgrades us athletically the way that tweet suggests.

And we don’t know what or how JJ sees his role on the team at this point.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This dude is 90% as good as Shamet for a 1/5 th the price. I don't know how you can complain.

I don't think they are signing this guy if Shamet is hanging around, so that alone is good news.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This dude is 90% as good as Shamet for a 1/5 th the price. I don't know how you can complain.

I don't think they are signing this guy if Shamet is hanging around, so that alone is good news.
His role would be to help spread the floor and spot up shoot. He is not the 3 point shooter that Shamet is. If the goal is to fill out that roster? OK. If the goal is to improve the roster from last year? Suns need to do better.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith care to share a take on Damian Lee? I always appreciate seeing your in depth breakdowns of Warrior players.

He can shoot but I'm not a big fan. He has shown a tendency to be willing to take and make big shots, he's not afraid of the moment. But his shooting really fell off late in the year he fell out of the rotation largely because of that Moody took his spot.

He's a decent player I think most felt he stuck around with the Warriors this long because he was married to Stephs' sister

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can shoot but I'm not a big fan. He has shown a tendency to be willing to take and make big shots, he's not afraid of the moment. But his shooting really fell off late in the year he fell out of the rotation largely because of that Moody took his spot.

He's a decent player I think most felt he stuck around with the Warriors this long because he was married to Stephs' sister
He has shot 39% from 3 in 2 seasons, so he is at least capable of potentially being a backup spot up shooter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His role would be to help spread the floor and spot up shoot. He is not the 3 point shooter that Shamet is. If the goal is to fill out that roster? OK. If the goal is to improve the roster from last year? Suns need to do better.
Umm, the improvement to the Roster is Durant.

You are nuts if you think we are going to acquire him and have equivalent depth to last season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to get Thomas Bryant signed as our starting center. I can't believe he is still a free agent.