Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was Jones I would be trying to land Jalen Smith right now while his market is quiet. Thomas Bryant who would have been a nice FA pickup is deciding between LAL and BOS. PHX is either going to need a starting C or a back up depending on what happens with Ayton.
Agree. We blew it with Smith. Go get him back!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If I was Jones I would be trying to land Jalen Smith right now while his market is quiet. Thomas Bryant who would have been a nice FA pickup is deciding between LAL and BOS. PHX is either going to need a starting C or a back up depending on what happens with Ayton.
They won't. The pinheads in the Suns FO are too stubborn to admit their mistakes.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, if PHX strikes out with Durant. Just keep the roster intact and sign a back up C. I would rather have this roster long term than what most teams have right now. In a couple of years Curry, Leonard, James will be retired and the West will be open. We'll still have a core of Booker, Johnson, Bridges and Ayton and any draft picks we can develop. With GS bringing everyone back I don't think PHX can overtake them even with Durant and the roster losses it would take to land him. PHX doesn't want to gut the team to get Durant and maybe that's a good thing. If Bridges and picks isn't enough then that's all she wrote.

Reaction score
We can keep a running list of what NBA players this free agency prove that they prioritize money over winning. The first was the Suns' own javale mcgee, taking mo' money to join the still-inferior Mavericks. Bye, mcgee; don't let the door hit you on the way out. And then Otto Porter of the Warriors, foolishly running to the raptors.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We can keep a running list of what NBA players this free agency prove that they prioritize money over winning. The first was the Suns' own javale mcgee, taking mo' money to join the still-inferior Mavericks. Bye, mcgee; don't let the door hit you on the way out. And then Otto Porter of the Warriors, foolishly running to the raptors.
You do know this is these guys’ jobs, right? They have limited years to maximize their earnings.

Posts like this make me shake my head.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Indiana has cap space now. They are probably going to retain him with that space, but are working on other things.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not to mention, McGee just went to the team that HUMILIATED us in Game 7 so saying he took the money over winning with us makes zero sense.

He did the same thing after we swept Denver. Dude is always interviewing for a job.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indiana has cap space now. They are probably going to retain him with that space, but are working on other things.
Jalen Smith would be a good investment - but he's not really a center, meaning he could not play against Gobert or even a Towns.

We need a big body guy to go along with Biz.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jalen Smith would be a good investment - but he's not really a center, meaning he could not play against Gobert or even a Towns.

We need a big body guy to go along with Biz.

If we pull of the Durant trade I think we will just go small against the Wolves... as will everyone else. Teams that can put 5 good shooters on the court at once are going to go nuclear against the Wolves.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we pull of the Durant trade I think we will just go small against the Wolves... as will everyone else. Teams that can put 5 good shooters on the court at once are going to go nuclear against the Wolves.
Well yeah, that may have been a bad example - say Valenchunas, heck even McGee then

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Here is a fun thought just for S&Gs... we make that proposed Durant trade that clears much of our bench, and the Lakers send some package with Westbrook to the Nets for Kyrie.

Then the Nets buy out Westbrook because why not, and the Suns, poised for a title run and looking for guys who might want to ring chase, sign Westbrook for whatever exception they have still available.

Would you do it? :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a fun thought just for S&Gs... we make that proposed Durant trade that clears much of our bench, and the Lakers send some package with Westbrook to the Nets for Kyrie.

Then the Nets buy out Westbrook because why not, and the Suns, poised for a title run and looking for guys who might want to ring chase, sign Westbrook for whatever exception they have still available.

No.

Westbrook has no positive value. Absolutely none on a winning team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No chance. Westbrook would bring the production of that type of team down. He doesn't defend and he is among the worst shooters in the NBA.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Don't Westbrook and KD hate each other? I don't see it happening. I also don't see Russ accepting a bench role. I could see him signing somewhere like the Magic for cheap just to start.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't Westbrook and KD hate each other? I don't see it happening. I also don't see Russ accepting a bench role. I could see him signing somewhere like the Magic for cheap just to start.
I have no idea what their relationship is like anymore but I suspect re-uniting Westbrook and CP3 would be the bigger concern.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know why BKY wouldn't swap Kyrie for Paul and then just buy out Paul. Paul's buyout would be less than Westbrook's right?

Reason I want Kyrie, when he wants he can take over games and is unstoppable. Paul was until MIL last year and DAL this year. Paul can't string together performances like Kyrie can.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know why BKY wouldn't swap Kyrie for Paul and then just buy out Paul. Paul's buyout would be less than Westbrook's right?

Reason I want Kyrie, when he wants he can take over games and is unstoppable. Paul was until MIL last year and DAL this year. Paul can't string together performances like Kyrie can.
When he wants he can act the fool too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When were Westbrook and CP3 together? I had no idea there was any animosity between them.
Yeah, I spazzed on that, thought they were together with the Rockets and let's face it, Russell irritated every teammate there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard