What City Are You In?

What City Do You Live In?

• Total voters

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Dated a girl in Saugerties back in 85
Nice town, a solid 4 hours from where I'm from.

Is Cicero close enough to Sicily?
That could mean so many things…lol
Yeah and it means different things to us who are from there.

Step one is just differentiating not NYC - then take it from there

I started a new job out here once and the person I say next to at my welcome lunch was from the smaller town adjacent to my small hometown

I'm from where the southern tier runs into the finger lakes.

Spent a night in Syracuse last fall with my wife before making it up to Clayton

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You like it there? All I hear is negative stuff about the place. Homelessness. Drugs. Crime. High rents etc etc
Southern California? Greatest place on earth . . . if you can afford it. And I mean both comments. The weather is literally perfect. You’re minutes from the beach and no more than 2 hours from mountains/snow or the desert. Big enough cities to have any part of arts and culture nearby.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often do you go up there?

I used to go at least twice a year, August for fishing and November to be with my brother and his family. I haven't been in about 3 years. Sadly, RIP brother Joe and because of a housing shortage, Stillwater County has rented it for the school superintendent. I'm retiring soon and hope to spend more time there.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to go at least twice a year, August for fishing and November to be with my brother and his family. I haven't been in about 3 years. Sadly, RIP brother Joe and because of a housing shortage, Stillwater County has rented it for the school superintendent. I'm retiring soon and hope to spend more time there.
Sorry to hear about your brother.

Just looked at housing prices up there - dang, for a middle of nowhere town, very high prices. No wonder the school district needed it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm originally from a small rural area southeast of dallas, but aside from there I've lived in Houston, Arlington, Luke AFB, Cincinnati, back to Fort Worth TX, Korea (twice...currently there again), Suffolk England (my favorite place I've ever lived), North Carolina (close to Raleigh) and I'm supposed to move to Germany next. I definitely loved my time in the Valley, aside from working outside in the Summer.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother.

Just looked at housing prices up there - dang, for a middle of nowhere town, very high prices. No wonder the school district needed it.

I bought the house during the oil bust in the '80s for taxes owed... $8k. You couldn't excavate, form and pour the basement for that now. It was pretty much a Snuffy Smith cabin but I spent a summer up there and turned it into a real house. The sawmill is across the street so you don't need an alarm clock. The mill saws start running at 6am...lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Anyone in Montana?

I've watched too much Yellowstone. I want to move there.
I binged watched the whole series the past couple of weeks. I've read that some of it was filmed in Utah as well. It does make me want to move to Montana.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the house during the oil bust in the '80s for taxes owed... $8k. You couldn't excavate, form and pour the basement for that now. It was pretty much a Snuffy Smith cabin but I spent a summer up there and turned it into a real house. The sawmill is across the street so you don't need an alarm clock. The mill saws start running at 6am...lol
Great timing on buying it. Nothing like the sound of cutting wood in the morning!

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great timing on buying it. Nothing like the sound of cutting wood in the morning!

My neighbor has guinea hens that make a hell of a racket too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm originally from a small rural area southeast of dallas, but aside from there I've lived in Houston, Arlington, Luke AFB, Cincinnati, back to Fort Worth TX, Korea (twice...currently there again), Suffolk England (my favorite place I've ever lived), North Carolina (close to Raleigh) and I'm supposed to move to Germany next. I definitely loved my time in the Valley, aside from working outside in the Summer.

Suffolk, England is where I live.

RAF base I assume?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I binged watched the whole series the past couple of weeks. I've read that some of it was filmed in Utah as well. It does make me want to move to Montana.

Haha same. Watched all 4 seasons plus 1883 over the last month.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bought the house during the oil bust in the '80s for taxes owed... $8k. You couldn't excavate, form and pour the basement for that now.

I think you can probably say that about most houses. Prices since the 80s have been nuts.

Nice to have though!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Southern California? Greatest place on earth . . . if you can afford it. And I mean both comments. The weather is literally perfect. You’re minutes from the beach and no more than 2 hours from mountains/snow or the desert. Big enough cities to have any part of arts and culture nearby.
You couldn't pay me to live there! I have loads of family in the area, and while I love visiting, no thanks! Then again, I hate spiders, hot weather, and beaches don't do much for me :)