Seahawks have killed it in this Draft

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
"Immediately after" draft grades set a baseline of value in the moment that allows the grades three years from now to have context.
The context being what a crapshoot the draft actually is and why the big boards are more like dart boards. That is why one should drink beer while watching the draft, since it really is like being at a pub watching people throw darts while the media pundits are like the regulars who talk the same bs stories you heard before for attention/entertainment :beer:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The context being what a crapshoot the draft actually is and why the big boards are more like dart boards. That is why one should drink beer while watching the draft, since it really is like being at a pub watching people throw darts while the media pundits are like the regulars who talk the same bs stories you heard before for attention/entertainment :beer:

Post draft grades, when looked at down the road,....can also give insight to a teams scouting and player development.

If they get lots of low grades but many of those guys end up all pro players,..... then their scouting is probably really good.

However if they constantly get A++ grades,..... but nobody is still in the league 5 years later.....it's very likely their player development suxx ass

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Post draft grades, when looked at down the road,....can also give insight to a teams scouting and player development.

If they get lots of low grades but many of those guys end up all pro players,..... then their scouting is probably really good.

However if they constantly get A++ grades,..... but nobody is still in the league 5 years later.....it's very likely their player development suxx ass
If I may be the devil's advocate... one can then figure that out without the initial grades, since you do not need an immediate after draft grade to judge a team after a three year's span on whether they are drafting well or not :devil:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only grade that made sense was Mel Kiper's grade for the Ravens. After all, he's a life long Raven/Colt fan. And, somehow if the Arizona Cardinals came out of the Draft with only ONE decent WR on their roster, I have a feeling that he and other experts might have pointed that out. So, even though I like to read/hear what a good job SK and his staff did, it really doesn't matter. We might hear some nuggets from the May, June practice sessions, and come TC we'll have an idea if any of the Draft Class or UDFA's will help, this year.

At the worst, we'll come away with three starters as a result of this Draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only grade that made sense was Mel Kiper's grade for the Ravens. After all, he's a life long Raven/Colt fan. And, somehow if the Arizona Cardinals came out of the Draft with only ONE decent WR on their roster, I have a feeling that he and other experts might have pointed that out. So, even though I like to read/hear what a good job SK and his staff did, it really doesn't matter. We might hear some nuggets from the May, June practice sessions, and come TC we'll have an idea if any of the Draft Class or UDFA's will help, this year.

At the worst, we'll come away with three starters as a result of this Draft.
YEP! A veteran receiver >>>> a rookie center.

The Ravens won a Superbowl...when they actually had receiver talent. You'd think such a "smart" organization would figure it out. Well the are smart, but just filled with hubris

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
YEP! A veteran receiver >>>> a rookie center.

The Ravens won a Superbowl...when they actually had receiver talent. You'd think such a "smart" organization would figure it out. Well the are smart, but just filled with hubris

I would say the Ravens defense had a little more to do with those Super Bowl rings.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Think they are going to get Baker.
I don’t know how much better is Baker over Lock? Locks ceiling is probably higher as he has all the physical talent in the world.. where Baker would be a better game manager, but not much more. I’d roll the dice w Lock, if it doesn’t work out then you get a shot at one of the top guys next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would say the Ravens defense had a little more to do with those Super Bowl rings.
Sure, but when they had Boldin they were a true Super Bowl contender.

The 2001 Super Bowl team player against historically weak passing games all year long. Kerry Collins was one of the best QBs in the NFL that year...that should tell you something.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Agree on Seattle, also like Baltimore, GB, KC, NO, NYG, NYJ & PHIL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson